• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

kittypl

Jul 19, 2017
east coast
✟27,132.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
don't know where to put this so i'll put it here
i have bipolar disorder
i am kind of struggling right now
on the one hand i know that my life before i started obeying God was terrible. i was lost confused in emotional pain hurting myself and other people. but somehow it is easy for me to forget or diminish what God has done for me.
there was a time when i was "almost there" but not quite. i believed in God and it was important to me and i was praying but i was not obeying and did not really know how or just couldnt stop bad behavior.

it's that time that i'm looking back on.
i feel like i wish i could go back to that.
i wish i made different choices.
am i suffering now as a consequence of my (terrible) sins?
will i for the rest of my life?

i had a conversion experience when i found out i was pregnant. i was trying and failing to change before that. but by some grace when i found out i was pregnant everything made sense and i stopped blatantly sinning and started practicing my faith according to the rules.

but still i made big mistakes after that.

my son's father is an addict and (i think) some degree of a narcissist.

i lived with him for 2.5 years and justified it to myself because we had separate bedrooms and tried not to fornicate.

still i wonder if living with him was the biggest mistake i ever made.

i feel like a shell of who i used to be. i feel like all the love and confidence i had leaked out through the holes that broke in me after fighting and struggling with him.

why i let it get to that point i dont know.

but i moved out (back to east coast)
and things are not easy for me now.
i thought if you start doing the right thing, things get easier.
but no. i am basically alone in a weird town and struggling with my son.
even though i made huge mistakes i have been genuinely practicing and trying not to sin for the past three years.
i guess i am ungrateful impatient and unrealistic because i think " shouldnt my prayers have stopped me from that outburst? why am i struggling? isnt God helping me?"
and i know God is helping me i am just a brat.
i am so angry sometimes.