Feb 25, 2017
Antwerp
✟18,880.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hi,

I'm a 30 year old Belgian guy who was travelling in Australia and 8 months in.
I was in a heavy car crash 1.5 years ago, left me quadriplegic with no hand function.
Spent 3 weeks in IC and 6 more in the Orthopegic Ward. I was crushed, couldn't even move my fingers.

The only thing I could do was play games on my IPad but that bored quickly.
So I started to look up what is wrong with the world. Far too many things were wrong and eventually I found Christ.

I couldn't become more joyful and started reading Matthew, Marcus, Luke and John.
But here's the thing when John said, Repent for the Kingdom is at hand. I didn't fully understand repent. Regretting my sins (those I was aware of) I said to the Lord, I repent.

But a few weeks later I read Numbers and Deut. I was completely unaware... I read it all in English so the books were a bit confusing too... When I said it I didn't actually know what it meant, doesn't the Lord take that into account?

2PhiloVoid

Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,133,168.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hi,

I'm a 30 year old Belgian guy who was travelling in Australia and 8 months in.
I was in a heavy car crash 1.5 years ago, left me quadriplegic with no hand function.
Spent 3 weeks in IC and 6 more in the Orthopegic Ward. I was crushed, couldn't even move my fingers.

The only thing I could do was play games on my IPad but that bored quickly.
So I started to look up what is wrong with the world. Far too many things were wrong and eventually I found Christ.

I couldn't become more joyful and started reading Matthew, Marcus, Luke and John.
But here's the thing when John said, Repent for the Kingdom is at hand. I didn't fully understand repent. Regretting my sins (those I was aware of) I said to the Lord, I repent.

But a few weeks later I read Numbers and Deut. I was completely unaware... I read it all in English so the books were a bit confusing too... When I said it I didn't actually know what it meant, doesn't the Lord take that into account?

Welcome to CF, Geronimoch!

From what you've shared, it seems you have quite a situation to deal with. I think it's a great thing that in the midst of your hardship, you've turned to the Lord and His Word to seek some wisdom. You've covered quite a lot reading I see. And yes, some things in the Bible are not so easy to understand the first few times around when reading. If you've got questions about the Bible, many of us here will be glad to offer our opinions or viewpoints about what it means, if that helps you. :cool:

And you're from Belgium. Are you still in Australia?

Peace,
2PhiloVoid

Upvote 0