papillon

Dec 29, 2002
Visit site
✟271.00
Hi, I'm new here (well, how's that for a blinding glimpse of the obvious lol). I'm a 19 year old female from Canada and have been "Christian" for as long as I can remember. Anyways, I'm not exactly sure what else to say, I suppose I could tell you why I'm here but I'm not exactly sure of that either. :scratch: To tell you the truth, I'm not exactly sure of a lot of things, which I suppose could be why I'm here. I've been having some real issues with my faith recently, ones I can't just "pray" away, and I needed somewhere to "hash things out" so to speak. Don't worry, I'm not here to "flame" anyone or start arguments, ;) I just need to make things clear, figure out where I stand, and I figure by discussing/debating it with other people is the best way to do it. I've also in the past few months, effectively cut myself off from all forms of Christian fellowship I previously had in my life, and was hoping to find some of that here too, though I think I'll be staying away from the "Christians only" forums. Anyways, that's all I had to say. :)

coastie

Hallelujah Adonai Yeshua!
Apr 6, 2002
Central Valley of CA
Visit site
✟8,286.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
well I'm glad you came by. I look forward to "hasing" it out with you on the forums.

You need any help or anything, don't be afraid to drop me a PM

So what part of Canada are you from Butterfly? ;)

My wife's form Montreal and most recently Ottawa.

Upvote 0

papillon

Dec 29, 2002
Visit site
✟271.00
Wow, you guys sure reply quick here, lol. At other boards I've frequented I'd be the only one online right now. Your wife's from Montreal? Cool, I was born there, lived there for almost half my life. I now live out on the west coast, the only part of Canada where it rains all winter. (as supposed to snow) Makes one feel very un-Canadian. ;)

Upvote 0

thepalmtree

Sep 24, 2002
Canada
Visit site
✟15,544.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Originally posted by papillon
Hi, I'm new here (well, how's that for a blinding glimpse of the obvious lol). I'm a 19 year old female from Canada and have been "Christian" for as long as I can remember. Anyways, I'm not exactly sure what else to say, I suppose I could tell you why I'm here but I'm not exactly sure of that either. :scratch: To tell you the truth, I'm not exactly sure of a lot of things, which I suppose could be why I'm here. I've been having some real issues with my faith recently, ones I can't just "pray" away, and I needed somewhere to "hash things out" so to speak. Don't worry, I'm not here to "flame" anyone or start arguments,  I just need to make things clear, figure out where I stand, and I figure by discussing/debating it with other people is the best way to do it. I've also in the past few months, effectively cut myself off from all forms of Christian fellowship I previously had in my life, and was hoping to find some of that here too, though I think I'll be staying away from the "Christians only" forums. Anyways, that's all I had to say. :)

Welcome to CF. The moderaters are very nice and can answer any questions. I' ve personally found this forum to be friendly and non-judgemental. Have fun posting and browsing. :wave:  

Oh, i live on the east coast. On an island. We have too much snow :help:.No palm trees  :cry:

Upvote 0

Gerry

Jesus Paid It All
May 1, 2002
Visit site
✟14,307.00
Stay away from the "Christians Only Forums"??? Cut yourself off from all forms of Christian Fellowship??? Hmmmm! No wonder you are not sure of a lot of things and you are having "issues" with your Faith!!! That is NOT the way Jesus said to do it. But anyway, I am glad you have arrived and I hope you find what you seek. Be blessed and be a blessing!

Originally posted by papillon
Hi, I'm new here (well, how's that for a blinding glimpse of the obvious lol). I'm a 19 year old female from Canada and have been "Christian" for as long as I can remember. Anyways, I'm not exactly sure what else to say, I suppose I could tell you why I'm here but I'm not exactly sure of that either. :scratch: To tell you the truth, I'm not exactly sure of a lot of things, which I suppose could be why I'm here. I've been having some real issues with my faith recently, ones I can't just "pray" away, and I needed somewhere to "hash things out" so to speak. Don't worry, I'm not here to "flame" anyone or start arguments, ;) I just need to make things clear, figure out where I stand, and I figure by discussing/debating it with other people is the best way to do it. I've also in the past few months, effectively cut myself off from all forms of Christian fellowship I previously had in my life, and was hoping to find some of that here too, though I think I'll be staying away from the "Christians only" forums. Anyways, that's all I had to say. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

coastie

Hallelujah Adonai Yeshua!
Apr 6, 2002
Central Valley of CA
Visit site
✟8,286.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
papillon-

Yep my wife was born in Montreal and grew up in Ottawa.

West coast eh? I'm probably not far from ya, I live in Washington (at least for the next year).

As long as you keep watching hockey, eating at Tim Hortons and laughing at the "I am Canadian" commercials... you'll always be a true canadian.

Zach

Upvote 0

GraftMeIn

The Masters Gardener
May 15, 2002
Visit site
✟6,403.00
Hi Papillion, And welcome to CF!
I hope you don't mind my saying so but you have stated that you're a Christian, so I just want to let you know that by staying away from Christian only areas, and only posting in the areas of debate you are heading towards even more confusion. I do hope you'll at least consider visiting the devotional section and reading some of what's been posted in there. Even you don't feel like posting anything there yourself.

Welcome again to the forums! and I pray you'll find that you're here because you want to learn more about Christ and draw closer to God.

Upvote 0