Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Yep! I came here with no purpose. I normally waste my time on the Personality Cafe INTP forum. I like MBTI, but my life doesn't revolve around it.

I go to a non-denominational church in the midwestern USA. I have been a Christian for almost 20 years. I like studying anything Biblically related. I have a toddler, I am married, and SOMEDAY I will publish some fiction novels (this is my primary goal in life, and I feel like God has called me to it). Health and child have thus far prevented this. Mostly health.

On that note, I recently started this crazy elimination diet called AIP to manage a thyroid disorder. It's like the Whole30, except with all my favorite parts taken away, save bacon. So far it has been worth it though. I have a lot more energy, and I use most of that new energy to cook (boo).

I also enjoy nerd culture.

Reactions: Multifavs

dreadnought

Lip service isn't really service.
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Yep! I came here with no purpose. I normally waste my time on the Personality Cafe INTP forum. I like MBTI, but my life doesn't revolve around it.

I go to a non-denominational church in the midwestern USA. I have been a Christian for almost 20 years. I like studying anything Biblically related. I have a toddler, I am married, and SOMEDAY I will publish some fiction novels (this is my primary goal in life, and I feel like God has called me to it). Health and child have thus far prevented this. Mostly health.

On that note, I recently started this crazy elimination diet called AIP to manage a thyroid disorder. It's like the Whole30, except with all my favorite parts taken away, save bacon. So far it has been worth it though. I have a lot more energy, and I use most of that new energy to cook (boo).

Welcome to Christian Forums, BisonBubbles. I think one key to controlling my weight is to avoid sweets. They have no nutritional value to speak of.

Reactions: BisonBubbles
Upvote 0

BisonBubbles

Feb 6, 2018
Columbia
✟8,639.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Welcome to Christian Forums, BisonBubbles. I think one key to controlling my weight is to avoid sweets. They have no nutritional value to speak of.

Yeah sweets get my husband pretty bad, though he didn't like his last bag of candy (we'd been on the diet a month). I think it was the corn syrup. I've always loved cheese the most, and I can't have any, potentially ever again T_T

My problem is autoimmune, so I am on the diet to find out what is causing autoimmune reactions, one of which is weight that will not go away, but I care most about managing insomnia and having a working brain.

Upvote 0

dreadnought

Lip service isn't really service.
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Yeah sweets get my husband pretty bad, though he didn't like his last bag of candy (we'd been on the diet a month). I think it was the corn syrup. I've always loved cheese the most, and I can't have any, potentially ever again T_T

My problem is autoimmune, so I am on the diet to find out what is causing autoimmune reactions, one of which is weight that will not go away, but I care most about managing insomnia and having a working brain.
I have trouble waking up too early and then not being able to get back to sleep.

Upvote 0

BisonBubbles

Feb 6, 2018
Columbia
✟8,639.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I have trouble waking up too early and then not being able to get back to sleep.

I have had that problem too! Lots of magnesium and sleeping with my phone in another room seem to help me a lot.

I get the magnesium, but I have yet to discover why my phone needs to be so far away.

Most people are deficient in magnesium though, so it might be worth looking into.

Magnesium Deficiency 101

Upvote 0

ForgivenPrincess

the truth has set me free - chains are broken
Jan 28, 2018
Maryland
✟9,961.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Hey there friend! My name is Nelly.

We have a lot in common. I'm non-denominational. I also love writing. I actually sent my manuscript for my poetry book to a publisher today. So I can give you some tips.

I'm also vegetarian on the way to being vegan. (I've been vegan for like 2 weeks, vegetarian for months). So I can give you some diet advice as well far as alternatives.

Welcome to CF!

Upvote 0

BisonBubbles

Feb 6, 2018
Columbia
✟8,639.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Hey there friend! My name is Nelly.

We have a lot in common. I'm non-denominational. I also love writing. I actually sent my manuscript for my poetry book to a publisher today. So I can give you some tips.

I'm also vegetarian on the way to being vegan. (I've been vegan for like 2 weeks, vegetarian for months). So I can give you some diet advice as well far as alternatives.

Welcome to CF!

Hi! That’s awesome! I admit I can never go vegan - I have issues digesting all your protein sources (grains, legumes, and I’m only just reintroducing some seed-based spices this week) but there is that no dairy thing we have in common (and lots and lots of veggies!). I will probably be able to have ghee and maybe some grass fed dairy on occasion, but nothing regular. Every time I look up AIP baking recipes, it’s almost always vegan haha.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BisonBubbles

Feb 6, 2018
Columbia
✟8,639.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Hi; it's good to keep under medical supervision with thyroid issues; sometimes meds need adjusting frequently.

Yeah it’s hard to find good doctors though. There are a lot of doctors in my area but still the only good endocrinologist I have heard of lives 2 hours away.

Upvote 0

ForgivenPrincess

the truth has set me free - chains are broken
Jan 28, 2018
Maryland
✟9,961.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi! That’s awesome! I admit I can never go vegan - I have issues digesting all your protein sources (grains, legumes, and I’m only just reintroducing some seed-based spices this week) but there is that no dairy thing we have in common (and lots and lots of veggies!). I will probably be able to have ghee and maybe some grass fed dairy on occasion, but nothing regular. Every time I look up AIP baking recipes, it’s almost always vegan haha.
I've been struggling with fully going vegan lately. Mainly because of cheese and yogurt. I need to find out where I can buy vegan cheese. I don't know if they have vegan yogurt though. hmm...

Upvote 0