United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Hi there,

Firstly thanks to whoever runs these forums, though I consider myself agnostic I do appreciate all the work, time and energy that goes into running a forum like this one.
I'm looking forward to being able to discuss and share matters from those relating to the spiritual and political, right down to my favourite hobbies, foods and places to visit.

I'm 56 A father of one delightful 23 year old young lady, I love life and all it has to offer, I enjoy people no matter what they do/don't believe and hope to make many friends here on both sides of the debate.

See you all soon
Andy

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi; good to see you; God bless His Word to you and you family. It's important to have a regular Bible reading habit; like this, we can go to the source, so to speak, and not just rely on what other people might say about God. John's Gospel is a wonderful book of the Bible to get to know well.

Upvote 0

TurtleAnne

Dec 25, 2016
Michigan U.S.
✟20,919.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It's important to have a regular Bible reading habit; like this, we can go to the source, so to speak, and not just rely on what other people might say about God.

This! I spent several years very skeptical, but in the end a lot of it was what I was hearing from other humans, and not from the Gospel itself. For example people would say the Bible was full of contradictions, and sometimes take things out of context to make lists, and I would just listen to those people and absorb the belief that the Bible was full of contradictions. But now actually looking into for myself, when things are not taken out of context, actually it isn't contradicting and it actually makes a lot of sense. Doh!

Also welcome!

Reactions: faroukfarouk
Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
This! I spent several years very skeptical, but in the end a lot of it was what I was hearing from other humans, and not from the Gospel itself. For example people would say the Bible was full of contradictions, and sometimes take things out of context to make lists, and I would just listen to those people and absorb the belief that the Bible was full of contradictions. But now actually looking into for myself, when things are not taken out of context, actually it isn't contradicting and it actually makes a lot of sense. Doh!

Also welcome!
I love the words of Anne Griffiths:

"O may these hallowed pages be
My ever dear delight!
And still new beauties may I see,
And still increasing light!"

Upvote 0

Root of Jesse

Admiral of the Fleet/First Sea Lord
Supporter
Jun 23, 2011
Bay Area, California
Visit site
✟354,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Hi there,

Firstly thanks to whoever runs these forums, though I consider myself agnostic I do appreciate all the work, time and energy that goes into running a forum like this one.
I'm looking forward to being able to discuss and share matters from those relating to the spiritual and political, right down to my favourite hobbies, foods and places to visit.

I'm 56 A father of one delightful 23 year old young lady, I love life and all it has to offer, I enjoy people no matter what they do/don't believe and hope to make many friends here on both sides of the debate.

See you all soon
Andy
Welcome t CF. I hope you find your time here fruitful. Are you seeking Christ, or trying to have some particular question(s) answered?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums