New York
✟8,502.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello, there! I'm 19 years old, and from New York, USA!

I wasn't raised Christian at all, but a couple months ago, I've accepted Christ as my Lord and Savior! However, unfortunately, my faith was very shallow, I don't know much, and haven't acted like a Christian. I don't want to be like that anymore, though! So, I'm here to learn and grow in my faith, so I can be a better Christian! I'm also here for fellowship, as I don't have any Christian friends, so I'd like to meet other Christians and make friends here!

I'm very glad to be here, and I'm happy to meet you all! God bless!

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟767,634.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Welcome! It is a journey for us all as well. I know there are times in my life that I don't "act like a Christian" either, but the important thing is to repent and try again.

Upvote 0

sandman

Aug 17, 2003
MI
✟119,029.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Constitution
WELCOME
You may be new-ish…. but you come here with the same esteemed degree that we all have…the spirit of God within….the same measure of faith bestowed upon you, as upon all of us….And we have Jesus Christ to thank for that.

Upvote 0

Learning & Growing

Jan 13, 2022
USA
✟27,298.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

I wasn't raised Christian at all, but a couple months ago, I've accepted Christ as my Lord and Savior! However, unfortunately, my faith was very shallow, I don't know much, and haven't acted like a Christian. I don't want to be like that anymore, though! So, I'm here to learn and grow in my faith, so I can be a better Christian! I'm also here for fellowship, as I don't have any Christian friends, so I'd like to meet other Christians and make friends here!

Hey, you're welcome in my kitchen anytime :) :)

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟893,850.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Welcome!

Upvote 0

Torah Keeper

Jun 2, 2013
Tennessee
✟37,341.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Welcome. Unfortunately this site is infiltrated with non-Christians and corrupt Christians. Don't let them get to you. There are plenty of good people on the site also.

If you really want to grow spiritually, regular prayer and Bible study helps a lot.

Reactions: redletters
Upvote 0

Mayflower1

Hello my Name is "Child of the One True King"
Supporter
Dec 2, 2005
Heaven of course!
✟117,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

That is so wonderful you came to Christ!!!!! Romans 8:1 might help you a lot. It says "There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus."

Just learn and grow in Him, sister. You are forgiven. Welcome to CF. Thankful you are here! :angel:

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟629,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Well in heaven for YOU Christ said "I tell you, there is rejoicing in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner who repents". Yeah for just you. Always remember He Christ is for you never ever against you. You fall no matter how many times He does not will not condemn you :) We just get up dust off keep going. JESUS CHRIST is REAL! Talk to Him.. as if you would your best friend.. and then KNOW He will talk back.. and always make sure it lines up with the word of God in what you hear and read.

Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God..so stay in His word. Many years ago my wife started the job yet didn't know any one so we prayed for Christian friends. Wow she has so many now. Sorry not trying to toss so much at you at once. So know He always hears you.. His will is His word. He is for you not against you. He never condemns you. LOVES YOU more then you know. What He started in you He WILL finish. So... we will agree for more Christian friends.. hold on.. it will happen! This is faith and it goes in line with the word of God not against it. In JESUS name and YES WELCOME! PRAISE GOD GLORY TO JESUS!

• Friendly
Reactions: redletters
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ISteveB

Sep 17, 2020
Northern Nevada
✟25,434.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I remember when I was 19.... 43 years now....
Welcome to the family!

According to Ephesians 1:5, Galatians 4:5, Romans 8:15, 23.....

You are now an adopted child of God.

God is your heavenly Father and according to Matthew 12:46-50, Jesus is your brother.

Then, according to Philippians 4:6-9, you have complete access to God, through Jesus and are invited to bring everything that we struggle with to him.

I'd also like to encourage you to read

Titus 2:11-14

2 Peter 1:2-13

Romans 8:3-8

Do you have a bible teaching church you're involved with?

In my early days I was instructed to engage in 4 basic activities.

1- read the bible daily.

It's easy to get overwhelmed with so much information. I read one chapter a day and as I've been at this for decades now, I've read it several times through....

I.e., you're not in a sprint race. We're in a marathon. A steady run will get you to the end.

2- pray daily. I typically spend a few minutes when I wake up and a few before I go to bed.

Again.... this is not to overwhelm or intimidate anyone. God is your heavenly Father. He wants you to come to him with everything you're experiencing in your daily life. The big, little, seemingly insignificant, and seemingly impossible. God loves doing the impossible in and through our lives.

3- engage in discussion and community with others who are also following Jesus.

Like sports fans, people who hang at the pub, and other activities, it's good to hang out with others who are learning to follow Jesus. It opens the door for conversation about how you're doing, praying for each other, and just being together through the good and bad in life.

4- tell others what Jesus has done for you.

You do not have to know everything. I'm pretty sure that you will feel intimidated by the experience, and you may feel goofy, inadequate, like you don't know enough, etc.... Jesus tells us that God's Spirit will give us the words we'll need at the moment we need them. Matthew 10:20.

We who are following Jesus are his student/apprentice.

I use the word apprentice because it's a combination of classroom learning and hands on experience learning in your every day life.

Hang in there.

And again....

Welcome to the Family of the Creator of the cosmos.

According to Isaiah 57:15, He indeed inhabits eternity, yet he dwells with the humble and contrite.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums