✟15,378.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
hi peeps,
i'm an atheist from birth, brought up by heretic modern pagans who don't really believe the rituals they partake in :p
my friends have been trying to evangelize me, i thought it was for the bants at first, but this has got serious
so please tell me all your flaws, admit it, you have to be honest :p
to quote rick and morty "nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's gonna die"
that speaks true to me
i challenge you peeps here to prove me wrong or right
i have nothing to lose

Inspired 1

Jun 15, 2017
Hogansville
✟17,034.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
hi peeps,
i'm an atheist from birth, brought up by heretic modern pagans who don't really believe the rituals they partake in :p
my friends have been trying to evangelize me, i thought it was for the bants at first, but this has got serious
to quote rick and morty "nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's gonna die"
that speaks true to me
i have nothing to lose
death is a human concept --there is no death, only life, which is eternal-- its meaning is to love.

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Yes, you're right! I'm not Gandalf!
Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,125,860.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
hi peeps,
that speaks true to me
i have nothing to lose

Welcome Devil's Daughter to CF! Since this is the "Introduction Zone," I don't think I'll get into addressing your specific requests for interlocution here. But, we both know there can be plenty to talk about. So, if you're wanting just to see what various of us Christians think about this or that, you might go over to the Exploring Christianity forum here at CF and start up your own question thread.

Or, if you kind of want to talk to everyone, Christians and Everyone else, you might waltz over to the Christianity and World Religions forum and start a brawl there (...well, maybe not really a brawl, but an active dialogue...:rolleyes:)

Happy Hunting, and welcome, again :cool:
2PhiloVoid

Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hey, dear! Good to meet you, and God bless you!

mother_teresa_14.jpg

Upvote 0

Truthfrees

Supporter
May 20, 2015
✟277,188.00
Faith
Word of Faith
MOD HAT

moving thread to seeker forum so that mature christians can answer the op's questions

note - christianity is not allowed to be attacked anywhere on CF, but seekers forum allows non-christians to ask questions about the things they have trouble with concerning christianity

seekers forum is meant to help people remove their doubts/misunderstandings about Jesus so they are able to accept Jesus as their Savior

Upvote 0

Solomons Porch

Solomon's Porch
Jan 8, 2017
East
✟206,543.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
hi peeps,
that speaks true to me
i have nothing to lose
a411c7154b35458388c9b693595fafca.gif

a03d3d0154fac1bd93361446391464e5.gif

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
hi peeps,
that speaks true to me
i have nothing to lose
Have you explored the Biblical Jesus Christ?

Upvote 0

Bluerose31

Christian Flower
Supporter
Mar 27, 2017
US
✟419,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
hi peeps,
that speaks true to me
i have nothing to lose
Hello :) I also feel life is meaningless alot. I have experienced a lot of hardship. I am Christian to give me comfort in a cruel world.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

L'hitraot

Jul 17, 2017
missouri
✟15,989.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi devils Daughter,
You said;
that speaks true to me
i have nothing to lose
~~~
My reply;
I have countless flaws, broken beyond human repair.
I have had a relationship with God most of my life.
This is what I have seen.. mankind takes life for granted.
We have all been born into this life by our parents all the way back to the beginning.
Where did the beginning start?
~~~
Rick and mort say.. nobody belongs anywhere...
God says everyone belongs right where they are... who won?
Rick and mort say; nobody exists on purpose...
God says "Let Us make man in Our image... who won?
Rick and mort say..everybody is gonna die...
God said "For God so loved the world He sent His only begotten Son to die for our sin that we can have Life eternal (paraphrase) who won?
~~~
God created all things... your eyes that you can see, LOVE that you can be nurtured, your favorite food that you can smile and feel good :)
God created you and is crazy in love with who you are because He made you.. no problem you have been through has surprised Him, its because of the "Fall" that we are suffering... not because God is doing this stuff.
God watches over you as you sleep at night, He gives you every molecule of fresh air to breath as you sleep, God made sure the waterworks inside the earth would keep up to the demands of every human on earth... its just accessing it.
God has given every good gift in this universe to mankind... Do we ever say "Thanks?"
As you use your fingers today... think of God :)
As you get up to walk somewhere... think of God...
These marvelous bodies we have are on loan... we didn't pay for them, we did not make them, God provided them and we know they have an expiration date on them...
As you look at the multitudes of grass blades or leaves (each one unique) think of that times all the years God has been replenishing them over and over ...
God is Great... and is so worthy of our "Thanks"

Upvote 0

Prince Adam

Jul 17, 2017
Louisville
✟7,711.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Hey :)! Did you know that when we come before God today, he does not see our sin? Because of Jesus' death on the cross God says this "For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness and their sins and lawless deeds I will remember no more." Hebrews 8:12!
That is the gospel! There is no more condemnation, judgement, shame, or guilt for those who believe in the forgiveness Jesus has earned for us. It's not about becoming perfect, sister. It's about taking the GRACE God has provided for us.
I can feel the Holy Spirit's love for you. Just know that God does not condemn you, okay? He made it so simple all he said was to believe in his son.
"For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son that whosoever should believe in him shall not perish but have everlasting life." John 3:16
God is not judging you or me or the next guy for our sins, Jesus has taken all of our punishment on the cross! Even if you aren't saved or have accepted Jesus as your savior, the price has already been paid for your sins. But you have to accept it from God, because he won't force you to accept his grace. Jesus was beaten, spit on, shamed, nailed to a cross and left to suffer the wrath of God. He couldn't even call God his Father when he was on the cross, he was cut off completely. But he still did it. He still went and suffered. All while he was thinking about us. I hope you get this. I hope you realize how much he thinks about you and cares.

• Prayers
Reactions: Gabriel Anton
Upvote 0

Jim Langston

Non denominational fundamentalist
Supporter
Jul 9, 2005
Bellingham, WA
✟79,514.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
hi peeps,
that speaks true to me
i have nothing to lose

I would like you to know that there is an entire book of the bible dedicated to just this point. It is the book of Ecclesiastes written by the Preacher/Teacher, the son of David the king. Some translations use the word "vanity" and some translations use the word "meaningless". You might enjoy reading it, it starts out like this in the NIV translation:

Ecclesiastes 1 :1 The words of the Teacher, son of David, king in Jerusalem:
2 “Meaningless! Meaningless!”
says the Teacher.
“Utterly meaningless!
Everything is meaningless.”
3 What do people gain from all their labors
at which they toil under the sun?
4 Generations come and generations go,
but the earth remains forever.
5 The sun rises and the sun sets,
and hurries back to where it rises.

Upvote 0

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,528.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
hi peeps,

An atheist from birth? Interesting. I expect, then, that you hold your sort of atheism in common with trees, and rocks, and bugs.

"For the bants"? What are "bants"? How have things got serious, exactly?

that speaks true to me

Tell you all my flaws? Heh. You'd have to talk to my wife about that.

I don't agree, of course, with Rick and Morty. They sound a bit stupid, actually. Jesus said,

John 14:6
6 ..."I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

I'll take what Jesus said over Rick and Morty any day.

i have nothing to lose

What, precisely, should we prove wrong?

If we should succeed, you could lose a great deal. That might become clearer as you consider what we tell you. Maybe.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

xianghua

Feb 14, 2017
tel aviv
✟111,545.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Single
hi peeps,
that speaks true to me
i have nothing to lose
have you ever check about intelligent design arguments?

• Prayers
Reactions: Gabriel Anton
Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟728,105.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
hi peeps,
that speaks true to me
i have nothing to lose

Burden of proof rests on the one making the positive claim. Further, I'm not sure how we can properly quantify such a thing; it doesn't strike me as a falsifiable claim which can be demonstrated false or true. Obviously whether one regards life as having meaning depends upon a great many factors; I regard life to be meaningful because I subscribe to the position that existence is better than non-existence, that something is better than nothing. But is something better than nothing? Well, from the perspective of that which exists I'd say yes: I have a pet dog that I love dearly, now if she never existed I may not be any the wiser, but the notion of her not existing, knowing that she does exist, is a painful thought. I certainly maintain that my dog's existence--her life--is meaningful and good. One might then counter that I can only say her life is meaningful because it is meaningful to me, though I'd counter that her life is meaningful to others: it is meaningful to other members of my family who love her just as much as I do.

But that does raise another question: does meaning only mean something in relation to others? That is, does my existence only have meaning because of the value my life has in relation to other people? Perhaps, though I'd say I happen to find my life meaningful as well--I'm here, I exist, and that of course means something to me.

But does something have meaning intrinsically? Quite possibly. Though if we permit the relational aspect to continue here, for the Christian we can always add another Mind by which relation is connected, namely God. If meaning is found by its relationship to others, then all things which exist have meaning because of God. That, of course, assumes a priori the existence of a higher power, specifically the sort of divinity which Christians profess faith in. So I wouldn't use that here as an argument, though within an inter-Christian discussion I think it would be a relevant philosophical talking point.

If one, instead prefers something a bit more mundane: life has meaning because we invest it with meaning; whether due to animal self preservation, or out of the higher capacity of interpersonal relationships and our relationship with other creatures. I certainly believe that the lives of others have meaning, including your own.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0