US
✟419,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I need help. My boyfriend decided to get baptized at a penetecostal church, but I am a catholic. He also suggested that I should get baptized again. Isn't one baptism sufficient?
Hi Tashie :) Welcome :)
One baptism is sufficient. Do not worry. I think it is okay that your Catholic and your boyfriend is being baptized at a penetecostal church- both are still Christian.

Upvote 0

Winken

Heimat
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2010
✟168,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I need help. My boyfriend decided to get baptized at a penetecostal church, but I am a catholic. He also suggested that I should get baptized again. Isn't one baptism sufficient?
You may want to check this out in the "Christian Advice" forum.

• Useful
Reactions: Tashie8195
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Welcome.
One baptism is sufficient. We are saved by trusting Jesus anyway. That shouldn't be news to a pentecostal believer.
hope you enjoy the forum.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Welcome to the forums!

One of the differences between Catholic/Orthodox and some older main line protestant churches and Evangelical churches (including most pentecostals) is the latter believe a baptism is only valid AFTER one can make a positive choice to believe and follow the gospel. They believe all infant baptisms to be invalid. (why the bf says to get baptized)

The choice is yours. If you stand in your baptism, fine.
If you decide to get "re-baptized," and your previous baptism was valid, all you do is get wet.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Edited to add:

If the church your bf attends is a "oneness" pentecostal, stay FAR away. They are heretics.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HisWinterRose

WIFE & MOM
Jul 8, 2004
OHIO
✟69,738.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
30217d640c1431df6daf6b9c39f5038a.gif

May you be showered with many blessings and lots of friends !!

Upvote 0