Hi! I'm new here and I really wanted to have a community of fellow reformed Christians

Honey Morante

Jul 3, 2022
Binan
✟7,780.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Single
I live in the Philippines and in the city where I live, there aren't any reformed churches. It's quite sad really because I have to watch my reformed church online instead (my church was in a different country where I lived). I tried attending churches here as well as the bible study groups but unfortunately, I just couldn't handle hearing false teachings anymore. Do you think I should keep trying to look for churches with sound teaching - or should I just be content with attending a reformed church online? But what I'm looking for also is a good community where I can grow .. But I'm giving up honestly because everybody here is either pentecostal or catholic. I have nothing
against other denominations but I just miss being around people who believe the same doctrines as I do .. you know? I hope my explanation made sense ahah

JM

Augsburg Catholic
Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2004
Canada
✟747,424.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Upvote 0

Jonaitis

Soli Deo Gloria
Jan 4, 2019
Wyoming
✟123,651.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I live in the Philippines and in the city where I live, there aren't any reformed churches. It's quite sad really because I have to watch my reformed church online instead (my church was in a different country where I lived). I tried attending churches here as well as the bible study groups but unfortunately, I just couldn't handle hearing false teachings anymore. Do you think I should keep trying to look for churches with sound teaching - or should I just be content with attending a reformed church online? But what I'm looking for also is a good community where I can grow .. But I'm giving up honestly because everybody here is either pentecostal or catholic. I have nothing
against other denominations but I just miss being around people who believe the same doctrines as I do .. you know? I hope my explanation made sense ahah
There aren't many Reformed Presbyterians on this platform. There is the Puritan Board.

Upvote 0

JM

Augsburg Catholic
Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2004
Canada
✟747,424.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
There aren't many Reformed Presbyterians on this platform. There is the Puritan Board.
The Puritan Board represents micro Presbyterianism and doesn't represent Reformed theology at large.

Upvote 0

Jonaitis

Soli Deo Gloria
Jan 4, 2019
Wyoming
✟123,651.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
The Puritan Board represents micro Presbyterianism and doesn't represent Reformed theology at large.
True, but there is a better chance for her to meet other like-minded people there than this place.

Upvote 0

Honey Morante

Jul 3, 2022
Binan
✟7,780.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Single
You can try the following.

25 Reformed Baptist Churches in Philippines | ReformedWiki

Philippines Reformed Baptist Mission

List of Reformed Churches in the Philippines - DCRC

Any Reformed Church, Presbyterian or Baptist or Dutch, is a good place to be.

Yours in the Lord,

jm

Wow thank you so much for the links! I'll try and check them out. There were a few near me that claim that they're reformed but from their facebook posts, they don't seem to be ... So yeah. I hope some of them are legit

Upvote 0

JM

Augsburg Catholic
Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2004
Canada
✟747,424.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
True, but there is a better chance for her to meet other like-minded people there than this place.
I requested that they ban me to help me break the habit of posting there. It was a waste of time.

Upvote 0

Tskjesusfreak

Jesus is King - 1689 LonBapConFaith
Nov 13, 2022
Georgia
✟9,203.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Even though I'm a stanch Reformed minded Calvinist, I can never do "online church" again (2020) I rather be stuck at an Arminian church for the rest of my life and be in physical fellowship with my fellow brothers and sisters in Christ who disagree with my doctrines than do online church again. That is just me, because I went back to some of my old sins when I did online church for a few months in 2020.

Upvote 0

ladodgers6

Know what you believe and why you believe it
Site Supporter
Oct 6, 2015
Los Angeles
✟192,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Yes, keep looking won't hurt. Which Reformed Faith? Lutheran, Baptist, etc.. It's great to see young people in pursue of the true Faith. I believe for now on-line is fine. Because you don't want to go a church that isn't Reformed? Just keep reading, studying, and growing in the Knowledge of the Lord. Pray to find a church in your area, who knows maybe this is your calling to open one in that area.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Akjv

Feb 11, 2023
Lexington
✟20,363.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I am new here and can not figure out where a christian can read general topics w/o choosing a specific religion seem there should be a general where any religion on just christian w/o religion can read reply and learn???

Reactions: ladodgers6
Upvote 0

anetazo

Feb 19, 2023
Meriden
✟27,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Hello sister. Come out of confusion. Revelation chapter 18.
Get away from false brethren immediately.
Traditions of men is idols. God's 10 commandments. Dont have any idols or gods before Me.
Ephesians chapter 6 . Christian people need gospel armour on. It's knowledge and wisdom of God's word. Many hirelings are withholding God's truth.

Satan as antichrist will come near future. The gospel armour is needed. Its spirtual war. It's words, ideas and concepts. Get the picture.

These hirelings are stripping off the armour off Christian people. Many Christians are biblically illiterate.

Revelation chapter 18 . Don't be in the group that's in confusion. Many people will worship antichrist near future and end up in sheol. It's holding place for the spirtualty dead or wicked.
Ephesians chapter 6 is the answer.
Get away from false brethren.

I recommend shepherds chapel on YouTube. Pastor Dennis murray. He teaches sound doctrine.
How do I know??
Those with holy spirit will never go against God's word.
I wish you all the best.

Upvote 0

ladodgers6

Site Supporter
Oct 6, 2015
Los Angeles
✟192,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I am new here and can not figure out where a christian can read general topics w/o choosing a specific religion seem there should be a general where any religion on just christian w/o religion can read reply and learn???
What specifically are you looking for?

Upvote 0

ladodgers6

Site Supporter
Oct 6, 2015
Los Angeles
✟192,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Isn't that the truth. Though I am, go to CARM, or whitehorseinn.org

Upvote 0

ladodgers6

Site Supporter
Oct 6, 2015
Los Angeles
✟192,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Start a Reformed Church.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Akjv

Feb 11, 2023
Lexington
✟20,363.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
What specifically are you looking for?
Im a Christian New covenant believer. Have been in Baptist and Mennonite church. I prefer to not be of a specific religion.I believe in The Trinity. Like to discuss bible verses parables subjects. Not big on Catholic on Pentecostal religion.I prefer kjv with good reason but dont care to fight over Bible Versions.

Upvote 0