New South Wales
✟49,258.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Why go to all that trouble to mockingly ask those question if deep down your not interested in the answers.... No really do you think committed Christians would be swayed by such an attitude? Don't you think we have already heard all the "your a bunch of idiots" comments?

I tell you now that the Messiah Jesus did die for the sins of those who embrace Him as their Redeemer you can mock the Love of the truth and you can be as sarcastic as you please but in the end all knees will bend before the lord. Some will bend in Joy others will bend their knees in complete terror.

Where will you be in eternity.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

Bon

Truth Seeker
Jul 26, 2004
✟17,259.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
chris414 said:
sorry am i missing something? where did this thread start?:confused:

I believe that it started out of frustration. :)

Proverbs 2:1 My son, if you receive my words,
And treasure my commands within you,
2 So that you incline your ear to wisdom,
And apply your heart to understanding;
3 Yes, if you cry out for discernment,
And lift up your voice for understanding,

Bon

Upvote 0

ApocryphaNow

Nov 9, 2005
State College, PA
✟978.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Others
I tell you now that the Messiah Jesus did die for the sins of those who embrace Him as their Redeemer you can mock the Love of the truth and you can be as sarcastic as you please but in the end all knees will bend before the lord. Some will bend in Joy others will bend their knees in complete terror.

While I admire the show of solidarity and fortitude of belief, I find that statements such as this are problematic for public discourse and inter-faith relations in general. While you make it clear what you believe, you do little to persuade others that you are correct in your belief. In effect, you shut down all legitimate discussion by presupposing that what you personally believe, or how you interpret specific religious texts, is inerrant and absolutely correct.

I think you will find few converts to your way of thinking by simply saying, “I’m right, you are wrong, and you will pay for it.” This is likely the root of your frustration.

Upvote 0

Adstar

May 10, 2005
New South Wales
✟49,258.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The original post has been removed. My post was in reply to it. I cannot understand why the whole thread was not deleted?

While I admire the show of solidarity and fortitude of belief, I find that statements such as this are problematic for public discourse and inter-faith relations in general. While you make it clear what you believe, you do little to persuade others that you are correct in your belief. In effect, you shut down all legitimate discussion by presupposing that what you personally believe, or how you interpret specific religious texts, is inerrant and absolutely correct.

Who said the first poster held a religious belief? There is a thing called conviction. Sometimes it is best to be forthright and to the point with ones answers. There are genuine seekers who should be dealt with soft love and there are posters who must be told the truth with hard love.

If you do not believe in the points put forward in my reply then so be it. But all that i have said is backed up by scripture.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

Upvote 0

ApocryphaNow

Nov 9, 2005
State College, PA
✟978.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Others
The original post has been removed. My post was in reply to it. I cannot understand why the whole thread was not deleted?

I was unaware that was the case. From my viewpoint it appeared as grand-standing. I apologize for the attack.

There are genuine seekers who should be dealt with soft love and there are posters who must be told the truth with hard love.

I agree. Some people don't take anything seriously. Even fewer choose to think before they speak. It is best just to ignore these people, otherwise we'll all end up with high blood pressure.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums