NRW
✟8,249.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Hi, I am a Christian. I mean with this that I believe in Jesus Christ. I trust him and I follow him.
I am married. We have one son.

My story how I became a christian:
Before age 22 I was a convinced atheist. Then, somehow, I got interested in esoterics. I had one key moment: I tried again some esoteric practices, when I suddenly realized that this is real. I was suddenly completely conviced, that there is something, but something bad and dark.
I was so shocked that I ran to my older sister who was at that time a christian already. She became christian some years before and I always mocked her about her faith.
She told me in that moment that I "opened up" a connection to the devil and there is now an open "claim" or "obligation" as if I contacted the Mafia. Only Jesus could help me and release me.
I was so scared that I prayed to Jesus and ask him to help me. Then, for several days I did not think about this matter any more. On sunday my sister invited me to a church she attended. During the service, when the people sang several songs, I felt as if my heart became burnt free. As if a shell around my heart became removed. I felt completely different and from then on I believed in God.
The years after that were hard with many ups and downs. I learned a lot, I learned about Jesus, the son of God, to follow him, to read and to apply His Word.
I met my wife in a bible study class. She became a Christian shortly before we met. We married and -thanks to God- are still married and we both try to apply His Word daily in our lives.

Presently our aim is to start a new church or group. Here, where we live, we have the impression that it is quite spiritually dead.

Call me Nic

Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2017
✟481,735.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi, I am a Christian. I mean with this that I believe in Jesus Christ. I trust him and I follow him.

Before age 22 I was a convinced atheist. Then, somehow, I got interested in esoterics. I had one key moment: I tried again some esoteric practices, when I suddenly realized that this is real. I was suddenly completely conviced, that there is something, but something bad and dark.
I was so shocked that I ran to my older sister who was at that time a christian already. She became christian some years before and I always mocked her about her faith.
She told me in that moment that I "opened up" a connection to the devil and there is now an open "claim" or "obligation" as if I contacted the Mafia. Only Jesus could help me and release me.
I was so scared that I prayed to Jesus and ask him to help me. Then, for several days I did not think about this matter any more. On sunday my sister invited me to a church she attended. During the service, when the people sang several songs, I felt as if my heart became burnt free. As if a shell around my heart became removed. I felt completely different and from then on I believed in God.
The years after that were hard with many ups and downs. I learned a lot, I learned about Jesus, the son of God, to follow him, to read and to apply His Word.
I met my wife in a bible study class. She became a Christian shortly before we met. We married and -thanks to God- are still married and we both try to apply His Word daily in our lives.

Presently our aim is to start a new church or group. Here, where we live, we have the impression that it is quite spiritually dead.
Praise God for your testimony, and welcome!

I’ve heard that much of Europe is spiritually dead, and that the people have no interest or time in God. It’s great that the gospel reached you in such an unlikely place. Glad to have you here.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Hi Alx; I see you already have found the power of P&W music; so:
welcome to CF; May the Lord Jesus guide you here as well as in the world; and may you find friends and what ever you need from the Lord here. I do have a question for you; do you like music--Praise & Worship music? Well we have a new forum here at CF just for P&W music and at the top is a directory of other Christian music threads around CF; come and take a look!:wave:

Praise and Worship Music

images

To The

238348_da04309d434d67254a1115a692df42c4.jpeg

Upvote 0

alxzber

Feb 19, 2019
NRW
✟8,249.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Thank you very much! I am a bit overwhelmed. Thank you for the very positive reponses. I am completely new to this forum and actually to any christian forum (not to forums in general, in particular job-related ones but to christian forums). Therefore, quite new experience.

Reactions: Call me Nic
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums