Brisbane
✟8,086.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi everyone! I'm new and really happy to have found this forum. I'm also new in my journey to being Christian after God called me out of Catholicism, which I have been all my 45 years. He's been calling me for some time now but I closed my ears and dared not entertainin thoughts that go against catholic teaching. Pushed them away. Thought they were from the devil. Prayed more to Mary. Then my father died. Something changed in me, I can't quite explain it. I cried out to God to show me the truth and he sent me Jesus and the verse "I am the Way the Truth and the Life. No one comes to the Father except through Me." It hit me like a thunder bolt! I had heard this verse many times before but never had it had such a profound effect on me. It also dawned on me that the way to the Father was not through Mary, not through the saints, not through the souls in purgatory. That the way was through Jesus and Him alone. In that moment I knew in my heart what I have to do.
So now I'm taking steps to read the Bible (on the Bible app) and to find a church that my family and I can grow in our love for the Lord and His word. I'd just like to add that although my husband and I have made the decision together to stop going to our catholic church group (and I say "group" because it's a breakaway from the Traditional Catholic parish we previously belonged to due to us not recognising Vatican II popes as true popes) he is not keen on going to any "Chistian" churches. He's quiet opposed to the idea so I'll be going by myself with the kids and keep praying for God to change his heart. He is a convert to Catholicism and he became so just before we married over 20years ago.

WESTOZZIE

Site Supporter
Sep 8, 2018
WA
Visit site
✟54,255.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I cried out to God to show me the truth and he sent me Jesus and the verse "I am the Way the Truth and the Life. No one comes to the Father except through Me."
As much as that verse woke you up from coming to God through saints and Mary etc...you will find that in Protestantism the same problems.
Coming to God through worship-ie, singing song after song after song to bring His presence or bring you into His presence...etc etc...just another thing between God and you.
Coming to God through Bible study plans, Bible groups, Bible memorisation etc etc ...just another thing.
Coming to God through tithing and giving money....
Coming to God through serving in Church services, being in all the meetings, being obedient!

What the Lord showed you in that one verse is humungus!
It was for freedom that Christ has set us free--therefore do not be entangled with a yoke of slavery. Gal 5:1 I think....
Jesus was telling the disciples in John 14 that the way to the Father is by being IN HIM(Jesus)...cos Jesus is IN FATHER.
John 14:20
In that day you shall know that I am in the Father and you in Me and I in you.
Lord, Show us the Father? Philip, Don't you believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in Me?...
Behold I stand at the door and knock, if anyone hears My voice and opens the door I will come into him and dine with him and he with Me. Rev 3:20
When Jesus comes in at our invitation, The Way comes in to the Father. The Father dwells in Jesus, Jesus dwells in you and you dwell in Jesus. Nothing in between....But I'm afraid Churches no matter what their creed always try to get in between.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟721,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Hi everyone! I'm new and really happy to have found this forum. I'm also new in my journey to being Christian after God called me out of Catholicism, which I have been all my 45 years. He's been calling me for some time now but I closed my ears and dared not entertainin thoughts that go against catholic teaching. Pushed them away. Thought they were from the devil. Prayed more to Mary. Then my father died. Something changed in me, I can't quite explain it. I cried out to God to show me the truth and he sent me Jesus and the verse "I am the Way the Truth and the Life. No one comes to the Father except through Me." It hit me like a thunder bolt! I had heard this verse many times before but never had it had such a profound effect on me. It also dawned on me that the way to the Father was not through Mary, not through the saints, not through the souls in purgatory. That the way was through Jesus and Him alone. In that moment I knew in my heart what I have to do.
So now I'm taking steps to read the Bible (on the Bible app) and to find a church that my family and I can grow in our love for the Lord and His word. I'd just like to add that although my husband and I have made the decision together to stop going to our catholic church group (and I say "group" because it's a breakaway from the Traditional Catholic parish we previously belonged to due to us not recognising Vatican II popes as true popes) he is not keen on going to any "Chistian" churches. He's quiet opposed to the idea so I'll be going by myself with the kids and keep praying for God to change his heart. He is a convert to Catholicism and he became so just before we married over 20years ago.

Hello and welcome.

Happy to hear you are exploring Gods word for yourselves.

What a wonderful journey you have before you.

Psalms 119

Psalms 119

105 Your word is a lamp to my feet
and a light to my path.

May the Lord bless you and your family as you walk with Jesus. Amen

Upvote 0

HopeinGod2

Oct 30, 2018
Sarasota
✟19,498.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Upvote 0

HopeinGod2

Oct 30, 2018
Sarasota
✟19,498.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi Hope360, praise the Lord for His leading! Your best teacher is the Holy Spirit that indwells those that ask Jesus for forgiveness for my/your sins and by faith accepts that He died and resurrected for us sinners. If you have confessed that, blessings and halleluyah! The Bible is God breathed and His Word is Truth. Try to find a Bible translation that is as accurate as possible. Which book are you reading in the Bible? When you look for a church, make sure you find one that teaches Scripture at the pulpit and in the Bible classes. Most Churches have a Statement of Faith or Beliefs and that should help you find a Bible believing church. Praying your hubby will soon join you! Does he say why he is reluctant to go to a Christian church? blessings

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Hi Hope;
welcome to CF; May the Lord Jesus guide you here as well as in the world; and may you find friends and what ever you need from the Lord here. I do have a question for you; do you like music--Praise & Worship music? Well we have a new forum here at CF just for P&W music and at the top is a directory of other Christian music threads around CF; come and take a look!:wave:

Praise and Worship Music

images

To The

238348_da04309d434d67254a1115a692df42c4.jpeg

Upvote 0