✟8,322.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi Folks,
Forgive me, I'm new to this forum. I just wanted to introduce myself and say I am a recovering (in the process of being healed) Bipolar sufferer. Where do I start? I'm on a journey out of mental health issues, having had the condition for 38years and am being set free each and every day. I was first diagnosed with (unhelpfully) schizophrenia when I was 16 and have been admitted 7 times. Proverbs says, "7 times a man will fall, and 7 times he will rise." I have been on neuroleptic medication until 2002, when lithium was first administered. I was on 800mg/daily then but will come down to 200mg/daily next spring, all with the backup and support of a caring and supportive GP.
If you want to know more, I guess you can get me here, on this page. God bless you, Al

drjean

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2011
✟313,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
upload_2017-10-17_14-34-1.jpeg
What great news you have! Have you also checked into diet changes? I'm personally amazed at the garbage in our "food" today...and have healed much after removing so much of it! (Like no processed foods, rarely eat anything "white" including sugars and fake sugar sweeteners)...

May you continue on your path of healthy thinking and living!

• Friendly
Reactions: fat wee robin
Upvote 0
Oct 17, 2017
Wirral
✟8,322.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
View attachment 210323 What great news you have! Have you also checked into diet changes? I'm personally amazed at the garbage in our "food" today...and have healed much after removing so much of it! (Like no processed foods, rarely eat anything "white" including sugars and fake sugar sweeteners)...

May you continue on your path of healthy thinking and living!

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi Folks,
Forgive me, I'm new to this forum. I just wanted to introduce myself and say I am a recovering (in the process of being healed) Bipolar sufferer. Where do I start? I'm on a journey out of mental health issues, having had the condition for 38years and am being set free each and every day. I was first diagnosed with (unhelpfully) schizophrenia when I was 16 and have been admitted 7 times. Proverbs says, "7 times a man will fall, and 7 times he will rise." I have been on neuroleptic medication until 2002, when lithium was first administered. I was on 800mg/daily then but will come down to 200mg/daily next spring, all with the backup and support of a caring and supportive GP.
If you want to know more, I guess you can get me here, on this page. God bless you, Al
HI; good to see you; God bless His Word to you; John's Gospel is a wonderful book of the Bible to get to know well.

Upvote 0
Oct 17, 2017
Wirral
✟8,322.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi
My "food" consists of all kinds of dietry products ranging from fresh to frozen, all in moderiety, earnest prayer for periods, tennis regularly, playing that is, no TV, sleeping early and ensuring enough each night, working part-time for myself, bible reading every single day and walking and talking in the spirit as He pleases. Thus Im on the mend. Who needs Bipolar with discipline like that!

• Agree
Reactions: drjean
Upvote 0
Oct 17, 2017
Wirral
✟8,322.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
HI; good to see you; God bless His Word to you; John's Gospel is a wonderful book of the Bible to get to know well.
I believe " All scripture can be for our good, discipline, rebuke, correction and is God breathed and can also admonish us" I happen to find it extremely encouraging too as well as useful in bringing about salvation!! Revelation 3:20.

Reactions: faroukfarouk
Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I believe " All scripture can be for our good, discipline, rebuke, correction and is God breathed and can also admonish us" I happen to find it extremely encouraging too as well as useful in bringing about salvation!! Revelation 3:20.
The Word and prayer every day are the believer's element, right? :)

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Hi Folks,

Hello and welcome. It is always nice to meet another Alastair --- we are a rare breed.

Upvote 0
Oct 17, 2017
Wirral
✟8,322.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
As well as a good dose of uncommon sense, relaxation, good friends and sturdy prayer partners, sound upbringing, healthy humour, God's breathed spirit in us and a certain reality and attitude toward ourselves and others where we escape from temptation and selfishness.
Give me more, Lord!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Yes, indeed, Al. The correct spelling, too!
Also, "only a fool does the same things and expects things to change!"

I have an aunt who has never spelled it the same way twice. The variations are endless.

Upvote 0
Oct 17, 2017
Wirral
✟8,322.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Welcome 'Alistair' and God bless you here in this caring place
Thank you Mr Quiet.
I'll whisper in your ear, "God loves you enough to make you so go and be a blessing, brother." He will only send you, next door if necessary, to the places He allows on the condition He has firstly equipped you for that job(s)?

• Agree
Reactions: quietbloke
Upvote 0
Oct 17, 2017
Wirral
✟8,322.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have an aunt who has never spelled it the same way twice. The variations are endless.
Gosh, AL, you're a fount of knowledge and information. I love it, brother.
Yes, the worst way anyone spelt my name was Alista. They got 0/10 for that effort, but then it was when I was doing my paper round and it was the stand in manager!!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Thank you Mr Quiet.
I'll whisper in your ear, "God loves you enough to make you so go and be a blessing, brother." He will only send you, next door if necessary, to the places He allows on the condition He has firstly equipped you for that job(s)?
Thank you for whispering in my ear 'Al'. God bless you.

Upvote 0