Hi all - what projects are you working on?

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟734,719.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No one ever seems to post here, so I thought I would start a thread just to see who is around?

So what projects are you working on?

I am working on a private API for a business I work for. It is a shipping API used to request labels to put on parcels that we ship. It seemed to work ok until we put it under high stress, now there are all sorts of race conditions that I was unaware could occur.

Reactions: linux.poet

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟379,527.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have been working on a programme for automatically trading foreign exchange.
It is a tough nut to crack but I am spurred on by the example of Edison - 1500 light bulbs before one worked.
Years back I walked into a prayer group and a lady stopped me at the door. We had never met. She held her bible open. she said this verse is for you "They shall have witty inventions. You are an inventor and the body of Christ needs you". Well I am now in retirement and working in with the local university on developing several projects - sometimes the wait is decades before we see the outworking of His purpose.

Upvote 0

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟392,742.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No one ever seems to post here, so I thought I would start a thread just to see who is around?

So what projects are you working on?

I am working on a private API for a business I work for. It is a shipping API used to request labels to put on parcels that we ship. It seemed to work ok until we put it under high stress, now there are all sorts of race conditions that I was unaware could occur.
Fun, The company I work for intigrates its shipping software with all sorts of carriers.

coder4christ
coder4christ
I have been volunteering for a project, but have been running into a roadblock, if someone has experience with node express and mongo please contact me
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟734,719.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have been working on a programme for automatically trading foreign exchange.
It is a tough nut to crack but I am spurred on by the example of Edison - 1500 light bulbs before one worked.
Years back I walked into a prayer group and a lady stopped me at the door. We had never met. She held her bible open. she said this verse is for you "They shall have witty inventions. You are an inventor and the body of Christ needs you". Well I am now in retirement and working in with the local university on developing several projects - sometimes the wait is decades before we see the outworking of His purpose.

Yeah, God often speaks positively into our lives, but the timing is often, "down the track". Best of luck with the inventing!!!

Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟734,719.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Fun, The company I work for intigrates its shipping software with all sorts of carriers.

We had very specific requirements, and we could find no software that enabled us to ship high volumes in Australia, so we developed. It is working well enough to get stock out the door. But it may need improvements as we go.

• Informative
Upvote 0

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟392,742.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
We had very specific requirements, and we could find no software that enabled us to ship high volumes in Australia, so we developed. It is working well enough to get stock out the door. But it may need improvements as we go.
Cool, if it works that's great.
I'm not sales personally, I just work on the Engines for all the carriers.
I think we hit about 250 Shipments per second (depending on the service)

• Informative
Upvote 0