Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I am 21, a housewife to a hard-working husband, and mother to one beautiful little miracle boy. We are LCMS Lutherans from Oklahoma (hence the y'all).

I have a lot of creative interests, writing, podcasting, speaking, photography, etc.

If you want to know a bit about how I grew up, you can read this The Negative Impact of Purity Culture
Welcome to the forums Rebecca!

I read your post on the "purity" culture, And I could not agree more with its problems. Us guys did not have it so easy either. While I am a generation earlier, we came up in the earlier version of it called "Gothardism." It was brutal. I chalk it up to this:

Colossians 2:23
These are matters which have, to be sure, the appearance of wisdom in self-made religion and self-abasement and severe treatment of the body, but are of no value against fleshly indulgence.

Upvote 0

Drifter Kybe Scythe Kane

Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2017
boston
✟50,815.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
The world of Christianity can be found here in these forums in which you can explore. After all you will be a great Christian being here in terms of information on this religion if you'd like to learn about it not unless you're already well versed, lol. Do you like classical music? Very good for Christianity. Welcome to CF.

Upvote 0

drjean

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2011
✟313,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private