Hey they are right! climate change is entirely natural!

Goonie

Not so Mystic Mog.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
UK
✟1,149,607.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
(So long as you accept the actions of humanity are part of nature)

seriously humanity affects the climate, this is an established fact. If you doubt it compare the climate of cities and the countryside.

and folks its getting warmer. And the Sun is not responsible.

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
So what? Longer growing seasons... and because of that, a better ability to feed an increasingly growing population. Less than 1 degree... it isn't much and I like it.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,575.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
So what? Longer growing seasons... and because of that, a better ability to feed an increasingly growing population. Less than 1 degree... it isn't much and I like it.
How do you like droughts?

Upvote 0

Goonie

Not so Mystic Mog.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
UK
✟1,149,607.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Sorry did I say warming and climate would be stable? And it’s getting warmer 4c by the end of century(possibly), many areas will be uninhabitable.

Upvote 0

Goonie

Not so Mystic Mog.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
UK
✟1,149,607.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I still insist that the long-term trend is to a colder climate, but I measure that in centuries and millennia.
Well once the climate kills of the pesky humans you might be right.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I still insist that the long-term trend is to a colder climate, but I measure that in centuries and millennia.

Colder weather in some places, but climate? Anyway ocean temps are the real indicator, and will drive both weather and climate.

Upvote 0

Lazarus Short

Apr 6, 2016
Independence, Missouri, USA
✟294,142.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Well...here is the data. Note that the Roman Warming is colder than the Minoan Warming, that the Medieval Warming is colder than the Roman Warming, and our present "warming," which everyone is so worried about, is barely above the averaged data line. Note also the overall long-term decline in temperature.
Global-Warming-Cyclical.jpg

Upvote 0

Kaon

Mar 12, 2018
Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate

seriously humanity affects the climate, this is an established fact. If you doubt it compare the climate of cities and the countryside.

People are seeing the extreme changes because they are living in coastal cities of millions of people stacked on each other - that is a human fault. However, if you want to get serious it is not the layperson contributing to global warming - the first to blame would be the corporations that fund and run the largest pollution and transportation vessels.

But, they are too big to handle right? You would rather believe the layperson that can't even afford to pay off credit cards is the one causing the global change? How absolutely, asininely naive to tell someone - completely ignoring the reality.

Make those entities dismantle the ships that produce more pollution than all the cars in Europe, or stop being part of the controlled opposition by telling the layperson they are the cause of global warming - it is a gross deception. Let's grow a pair as the human race, think critically, and stop telegraphing ridiculous charges at each other while at the same time ignoring the truth.

Reactions: Lazarus Short
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Cities do not have their own climates.

Reactions: Ken Rank
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Goonie

Not so Mystic Mog.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
UK
✟1,149,607.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
My understanding is fallible, but I do know that I was wrong then.
Or now.....

seriously humanity effects the climate, like any other occupants of this globe.

Upvote 0

Lazarus Short

Apr 6, 2016
✟294,142.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
As I said cities do not have their own climates. A microclimate is not a climate .

It is too easy to prove that a city of a certain size has a microclimate: trees and shrubs that would never survive in the surrounding rural areas can do do so in a city. They grow here in the Kansas City area, but not outside the city. Magnolia trees in northern cities are a good example, for they grow in rural areas only in the deep south. Perhaps you do not go much from city to country and country to city...?

• Useful
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

Lazarus Short

Apr 6, 2016
✟294,142.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Or now.....

seriously humanity effects the climate, like any other occupants of this globe.

"Or now..."? In my view, God has yet to tap you on the shoulder and announce Himself. That is sort of how it worked with me.

Humans affecting climate? Minimally...yes. Mostly, they make deserts grow.

Upvote 0