Dec 29, 2013
✟347,182.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Seems like we may have yet another case of something being purchased for a crazy ton of money ($44 billion in this case), and then the new owner(s) immediately getting rid of the things that made what they purchased worth that amount to begin with.
To be fair, Twitter was never worth that amount of money and Elon realized it and tried to back out.

• Agree
Reactions: Hans Blaster
Upvote 0

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
To be fair, Twitter was never worth that amount of money and Elon realized it and tried to back out.
after it was too late. Not much of a business genius if you do that.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,300.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

Twitter's real value is in the metadata.

I think he tried to back out once he became aware of how directly it was tied to government activity and didn't want to be obligated to spy on and manipulate the public.

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,206,584.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
No. It's just like this website.

Free enterprise can do its thing.
I don't think that bell can be un-rung.

The moment it became one of the primary vehicles for politicians and candidates to connect with voters, and when our legislative bodies started carting the heads of the companies up to Capitol Hill to compel them to put certain policies in place (that they wouldn't have done otherwise), I think it's more than "just a regular website like any other".

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,300.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Grooming children of what ? Teaching children that they should accept everyone regardless their sexual orientation is “grooming”?

If you're discussing issues of "sexual orientation" at an inordinately young age?

Yeah, that's a common grooming technique.

Upvote 0

David_S42

Oct 18, 2022
✟4,573.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
If you're discussing issues of "sexual orientation" at an inordinately young age?

Yeah, that's a common grooming technique.
Again, my question “grooming for what”? Grooming to be what exactly?

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟829,587.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)

You know, like the Boy Scouts, the Catholic Church or JROTC. It just has to stay as an insinuation since, unlike these cases, the amount of evidence of wrongdoing is pretty scarce.

• Informative
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,300.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

It's hard for me to imagine that you have no idea "for what" child grooming refers to.

Generally speaking, by introducing a very complex topic to a very young mind that has no frame of reference for sexual feelings, one can create a curiosity of the described behavior, or normalize it in the child's mind as something "adult" to be emulated. Children frequently pretend or attempt to engage in adult activities (playing house for example), so this is a major reason why introducing sexual content to children is a big no no.

Now, perhaps you might say that the teacher isn't likely a pedophile and doesn't want to abuse children. I would probably agree. Nonetheless, I can't see why we would ever begin helping pedophiles by grooming children for them at the institutional level.

I'm sure that you have some good reason for supporting it.

I'd like to hear it.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,300.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
You know, like the Boy Scouts, the Catholic Church or JROTC. It just has to stay as an insinuation since, unlike these cases, the amount of evidence of wrongdoing is pretty scarce.

It's almost baffling to see someone like yourself get so worked up over the one to two dozen wrongful deaths at the hands of police annually....but completely dismisses concerns over the hundreds of examples of sexual abuse committed by teachers victimizing students every year.

If you were anywhere near as concerned about holding those public servants accountable, there would be riots in the streets and schools burned to the ground every year.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟829,587.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
It's almost baffling to see someone like yourself get so worked up over the one to two dozen wrongful deaths at the hands of police annually....but completely dismisses concerns over the hundreds of examples of sexual abuse committed by teachers victimizing students every year.
You were expressing concern about age-appropriate sex education. As David_S42 has asked, perhaps you can connect that to sexual abuse of students by teachers. How many of the hundreds of teachers that are tried and convicted were teaching these kinds of lessons as opposed to English, math or coaching a sport?

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,300.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
You were expressing concern about age-appropriate sex education.
Right...but they don't really cover those topics with first graders in church, the Boy Scouts, or JROTC.

As far as I know...most of those organizations don't commonly have any sex education at all.

As David_S42 has asked, perhaps you can connect that to sexual abuse of students by teachers.
That's not what he asked....but if you asking, I can give you some direct examples.

There's been multiple pedo teachers arrested relatively recently. Apparently they had gone online calling people bigots for opposing this curriculum....generally making the same arguments you are making.

Then they get busted in a sting.

Would you like some recent examples of this? Or would you rather I just point out how many convictions of teachers doing this happen annually? Almost all of those will be with underage students.

Frankly, I think you're missing the point of the problem of grooming an entire generation of children for sexual abuse....it doesn't just make it easier for predatory teachers, it makes it easier for all people who would victimize children.

How many of the hundreds of teachers that are tried and convicted were teaching these kinds of lessons as opposed to English, math or coaching a sport?

Does that matter?

Obviously we both want them caught and convicted.....right?

Do you think teaching children this behavior from grade 1 will make it easier to catch and convict these people? Or do you think it's possible that if children see such relationships as normal....they will be less likely report abuse and victimization?

Are you under the impression that every time a child is sexually abused by an adult....it's by the same adult who groomed them?

How many women 20-30yo do you know well?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟829,587.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Right...but they don't really cover those topics with first graders in church, the Boy Scouts, or JROTC.

As far as I know...most of those organizations don't commonly have any sex education at all.

Exactly, some of their members just groom and/or sexually abuse children.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SeventhFisherofMen

You cannot fool Jesus
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2013
CA
✟401,083.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
Politics
US-Republican
This forum a cesspool of vile political, moral and ethical opinion, but Twitter is even worse in both directions.
It always amazes me when people use platforms to criticize the very platform they're posting on. Reminds me of a reddit forum for halo where this one guy would just complain about the game. Yet he was on a forum about the game just to complain about a game he doesn't want to play. So much work. I remember being taught if I had nothing nice to say just don't say it.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟829,587.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟829,587.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)

Surging Twitter antisemitism unites fringe, encourages violence, officials say

Online comments often lead to real-world actions, social media experts warn​

The officials are predicting that Twitter will contribute to more violence in the months ahead, citing the proliferation of extreme content, including support for genocidal Nazis by celebrities with wide followings and the reemergence of █████ proselytizers and white nationalists.

“This type of escalation and hate and dehumanization, the hatred of the Jewish population — it’s a really directed target. Violence is inevitable,” said Denver Riggleman, a former Air Force intelligence officer who later served as a Republican member of Congress and then on the staff of the House committee investigating the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol.

The Department of Homeland Security on Wednesday warned that domestic terrorists were maintaining “a visible presence online in attempts to motivate supporters to conduct attacks,” citing increased risks for racial and religious minorities and gays and transgender people, as well as government institutions. “Recent incidents have highlighted the enduring threat to faith-based communities, including the Jewish community,” it said.

Most alarming to Joel Finkelstein, co-founder of the nonprofit Network Contagion Research Institute, has been the unification and elevation of voices little heard since the Capitol attack.

“Kanye is using antisemitism to popularize a list of actors who have been censored for a long time,” Finkelstein said. “Trolls are climbing over the walls to start new accounts. This is a bonanza.”

One of those rejoining Twitter, 10 years after he was banned, is Andrew Anglin, editor of the Daily Stormer, for years one the best known openly racist and fascist publications.

On Friday, Twitter’s software recommended Anglin’s revived account under “who to follow” to everyday users

• Informative
Upvote 0

Say it aint so

Jun 19, 2020
Seattle
✟118,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
If twitter continues at this rate, those advertisers who put twitter on a security risk time out will eventually walk. Even Paler had to change. When that happens you can expect Elon to be on twitter creating more manufactured outrage trying to pressure those companies with his bat crap crazy followers with nonsense about "free speech". No respectable corporation wants to have to deal with he who is fast becoming the Steve Bannon of media platform ownership. I don't tweet, Facebook, or Instagram, but Elon won't have the government subsidies provided directly for Tesla, and all those banks who financed him, all those investors who funded, will reach a breaking point.

Upvote 0