Hey Ladies i have a question, do you can help me out ?

Far Side Of the Moon

" The moon is high& the stars are aligned" :)
Mar 11, 2016
Georgia
✟30,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I always wondered....when it came to wearing and walking in heels...is it something you can actually teach yourself or is it something some women just seem to have the skill for.

I ask bc I see so many cute heels but I can't walk in them.I want to and I try but I don't seem to get much better.

If you think its something you can actually learn,,,how long did it take you to walk in heels properly and confidently.

Thanks ladies :)

PeachieKeen

Apr 24, 2017
Southwest
✟104,538.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You can absolutely learn to do it! When I was learning I started with platforms (easiest to walk in) and would wear them around the house and run up and down the stairs. Once I was used to that I tried short heels, then pumps.

Upvote 0

Travelers.Soul

Traveler; Dreamer; Warrior; Coffee lover
Aug 15, 2010
Land of the Horse
✟132,318.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
You can absolutely learn how to walk in heels. I started with low heels and wedges. I don't normally wear heals so if I can learn how to do it you can too. :)

Upvote 0

Miss Spaulding

Virtus semper viridis
Jan 6, 2005
The Tropics
✟109,434.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I always wondered....when it came to wearing and walking in heels...is it something you can actually teach yourself or is it something some women just seem to have the skill for.

I ask bc I see so many cute heels but I can't walk in them.I want to and I try but I don't seem to get much better.

If you think its something you can actually learn,,,how long did it take you to walk in heels properly and confidently.

Thanks ladies :)

Yes, you can learn. It helps if you make yourself wear them relatively frequent. If you only wear them once in a blue moon it is a little more difficult to train yourself on how to walk.

Tip #1 - Not all high heels are created equal. Some are sure to kill your feet and ankles, making it difficult to make it through a date or evening party, let alone an entire work day. Some are better at lending support to your ankles and toes, thus making them comfortable to wear throughout the work day.

Tip #2 - Sizing and/or how the shoe fits on your foot varies when buying closed toed heels or open toed (peep toe) heels. Peep toe tends to give you more wiggle room and closed toed tends to keep things snug. Everyone is different and needs to figure out which works best for their foot size and individual stride when they walk. (Peep toe works for me personally)

Tip #3 - Don't stress it if you never walk like a model. I was late to the game of wearing high heels myself and even now I don't walk like a pro. That's okay!

Upvote 0

RayofSun

Feb 22, 2005
Land of the ice and snow
✟121,331.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I completely agree with the other responses and ladies in this thread. Walking in heels is a skill to be learned!

The higher the heel the more practice it may take IMO. I loved one of my first pairs of heels and so naturally... I wore them around the house every chance I could LOL. It ended up really helping me to learn the proper stride.

Random Question:
I feel like everyone always says you're supposed to walk "heel-toe". But I always felt so clunky when I walked like this. Anyone else?

Don't stress it if you never walk like a model.

^THIS.

Upvote 0

ShadowsChild

Victorious NOT Victim
Nov 22, 2010
Alberta, Canada
✟8,916.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I can't help you much cause I can barely walk flat on the floor without tripping and ending up on crutches (I kid you not, it has happened) But I do know you can learn. and what little advice I can give is this: go for rounded toe before trying those pointy toe madness.. the round toe will feel more natural and help with adjustments

Good luck!

Upvote 0

CodyFaith

Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2016
Canada
✟158,594.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Yeah I just wear them to accentuate my calves. That's easier than leg day at the gym. OUCH! You get used to it.
Guuuurrrrllll you look fiiinnneee in them heels!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Servant68

Sleepless 300 miles from Seattle
Jun 30, 2015
The Pacific Northwest
✟73,203.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
costanza-popcorn.gif

Upvote 0

TheGirlOnFire

By order of the Peaky blinders
Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2014
Hogwarts
✟124,782.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
Yes walking in heels, you need to train yourself. You can do this about the house and make sure they are comfy on you.

I can't wear heels because i just feel clumsy in them :( and i love shoes.... they just so beautiful

Upvote 0

NurseAbigail

Site Supporter
Sep 27, 2017
NC
✟48,325.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Heels look so prettyyy! I can't wear the stiletto types though, wedge ones not so bad, lol i remember one time while i was touring some japanese students, we had to hike up a trail, they were wearing stilletos lols but no signs of pain in their faces...they had heel skillz i guess hahaha

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Far Side Of the Moon

" The moon is high& the stars are aligned" :)
Mar 11, 2016
Georgia
✟30,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Reactions: NurseAbigail
Upvote 0

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Make sure they fit well and don't crush your toes. Start with a medium height heel. And you have to just practice. Where them around the house until you feel comfortable.

Interesting enough, walking in most cowboy boots is similar to walking in heels (look at the heel on many of them).

And make sure you also are walking flat footed in between wearing them so your achielles tendon doesn't shorten.

Upvote 0

JeffofGallifrey

Dec 26, 2015
USA
✟20,065.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It seems to be part natural talent, but also a practice thing... Walking in heels is definitely easier in good shoes with support that fit well. If the shoes slip off, walking in them will be even harder.

Don't ask how I know. Long story.

Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
I choose not to wear heels much because I am klutzy enough just wearing normal shoes, but I don't recall ever having to learn. I'd just put them on and walk in them whenever I thought I needed to wear them, and eventually over time, I'd get better at it and making sure to avoid walking over grates or uneven surfaces that might catch a heel and send me plummeting to the ground!

Upvote 0