Shah Alam
✟15,809.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Okay, I'm going to be really honest here.

I'm tired of this. For as long as I can remember since my salvation (if you can call it that), I have been doubting God. Every time it happened, I just think 'just accept it as it is' and that is the advice that I've been given, but here I am again. I want to be really honest with myself.

Even when I confessed and accepted Christ, I put my doubts about God at the back of my head. And it keeps popping up. SO what I have decided to do now is to consider all the arguments, the Atheists, the Bible, the whatever. I want this problem solved now. I am afraid of doing it, but what can I do?

At the same time, if there is a hell, I don't want to be there. And if there is God, I logically think that is only right that I get to know Him. And if there is no God, I want to be free to do whatever I want, I am also very tired of not being able to set myself free. I am really tired of this.

And the reason why I posted it up here is because IF He is there, then I need all the prayers I can possibly get.

Call me fed up, tired, stressed, whatever. I need to put myself back to my A game.

So now. What do I do? What am I missing? Feel free to ask me questions.

Thanks for your support

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,240.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married

I'm tired of this. For as long as I can remember since my salvation (if you can call it that), I have been doubting God. Every time it happened, I just think 'just accept it as it is' and that is the advice that I've been given, but here I am again. I want to be really honest with myself.

Even when I confessed and accepted Christ, I put my doubts about God at the back of my head. And it keeps popping up. SO what I have decided to do now is to consider all the arguments, the Atheists, the Bible, the whatever. I want this problem solved now. I am afraid of doing it, but what can I do?

At the same time, if there is a hell, I don't want to be there. And if there is God, I logically think that is only right that I get to know Him. And if there is no God, I want to be free to do whatever I want, I am also very tired of not being able to set myself free. I am really tired of this.

And the reason why I posted it up here is because IF He is there, then I need all the prayers I can possibly get.

Call me fed up, tired, stressed, whatever. I need to put myself back to my A game.

Thanks for your support
Jesus said to Thomas who doubted, "Blessed are they who have seen and believed, and blessed are they who have not seen and believed."

It all depends on what evidence you are relying on for your belief in God. If it is something emotional or sensory, you are barking up the wrong tree and I am not surprised that you are struggling.

The Scripture says, "He who comes to God must believe that He is [exists] and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him.

Struggles about belief in God can come from a wrong expectation of Him and who He can do for us. Belief in God is an act of the will. I choose to believe that the Bible is true, and that the Gospels, Acts, and Letters are true. Therefore I am going to live my life as though they were true. If I never sense the presence of God with me, it doesn't matter because Christian life does not depend on that. It depends on whether I believe the promises in the Bible or not.

I wonder if you are sweating over the religious stuff instead of just resting in the belief that God's promises are true and whether you sense it or not, God is being faithful to you no matter what you decide and where you go. We live most of our lives just being normal and routine. God guides us without us always realising it. Faith is not the absence of feelings of doubt and questions. It is deciding to believe that the promises of God are true no matter what. It is an act of the will.

Reactions: God is good
Upvote 0

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,929,262.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Hi Maria, first off, WELCOME TO CF :wave:

As far as what you've written above, if you don't mind me asking, why did you decide to "confess and accept" Christ when you did? IOW, what was your principle reason or motivation for doing so at that time?

Thanks!

Yours and His,
David

Upvote 0

Grace2022

Jun 9, 2017
Worcestershire.
✟92,922.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hi
Pray to Jesus Christ.Ask Him this day to show you He is real, to give you signs. Then watch and listen carefully.
Pray about your problems and be open and accepting in how God solves them. Ask for peace and feel how it comes to you.
God is real, Jesus is alive and the Holy Spirit is here. You need to work on your personal relationship with the triune God who loves and values you.

Upvote 0

Maria37

Jan 8, 2018
Shah Alam
✟15,809.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Hi Maria, first off, WELCOME TO CF :wave:

As far as what you've written above, if you don't mind me asking, why did you decide to "confess and accept" Christ when you did? IOW, what was your principle reason or motivation for doing so at that time?

Thanks!

Yours and His,
David
As a child, I've heard about God, but always doubt whether he is real in the first place. 7 years ago, I heard the gospel. I decided to ignore whether He is 'real' or not, put it at the back of my head, and went with the fact that I wanted Christ to come and deal with the impurities that is in me, my sin, and I accepted Him into my life. Can't remember if it was half hearted, or full. So yeah. Things didn't get any easier as I was trying to reconcile the stuff I have at the back of my head. I'm starting to think that there may not be a God actually. That I may have actually been fooling myself

Upvote 0

Maria37

Jan 8, 2018
Shah Alam
✟15,809.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
As a child, I've heard about God, but always doubt whether he is real in the first place. 7 years ago, I heard the gospel. I decided to ignore whether He is 'real' or not, put it at the back of my head, and went with the fact that I wanted Christ to come and deal with the impurities that is in me, my sin, and I accepted Him into my life. Can't remember if it was half hearted, or full. That was the only reason. So yeah. Things didn't get any easier as I was trying to reconcile the stuff I have at the back of my head. I'm starting to think that there may not be a God actually. That I may have actually been fooling myself

Upvote 0

Maria37

Jan 8, 2018
Shah Alam
✟15,809.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Did you read my post #2?
I'm not sweating over religiosity. But I think that I need to see some sort of evidence for myself. No more feelings, just my head and I.

I did that, and then I doubt the next day. Quite tiring

Last edited:
Upvote 0

eighty_proof

Jan 7, 2018
Nowhere
✟758.00
Country
Nicaragua
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I'm not sweating over religiosity. But I think that I need to see some sort of evidence for myself. No more feelings, just my head and I.

Yeah I can relate to this as well. Raised Christian, church is all I've ever known. But have experienced more "salvation" in my life from psychological self-help books than anything in the Bible. (I have lost years of my life to severe social anxiety disorder.) Which has led me to think, feelings are all well and good but you can't just believe things based on them. And when it comes to God, what do we have beyond just feelings? Prayer seems little more than wishful thinking in my own experience.

Anyway... don't want to hijack your thread, so back to it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Oct 21, 2003
Central Time Zone
✟107,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Thanks for your support

Mature in the faith, become an intellectually rigorous Christian. Doing so can and will help diminish doubts. To this end, I recommend studies in Christian apologetics, theology, and philosophy. However, even so doubt can also spring from emotions, prayer is a remedy because it is an emotional exercise and expression of faith. So far as the heart is concerned, it is not a reliable guide, who can understand it? Many years ago, I had a similar experience, but it came after spending considerable time studying the areas I prescribe above, the crisis I had, led me listen to an old man by the name of Dr. Cornelius Van Til. Despite everything I had learned to that point, I was blown away figuratively, and decided to learn from one of his students, Dr. Greg Bahnsen, which became a life changing pivotal point, where I came to embrace Calvinism, a very different brand of Christianity than what I grew up with. The doubts I struggle with most now, are more emotional in nature and origin, and often associated with struggling with personal sins and holding onto them.

Upvote 0

Maria37

Jan 8, 2018
Shah Alam
✟15,809.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Yeah I can relate to this as well. Raised Christian, church is all I've ever known. But have experienced more "salvation" in my life from psychological self-help books than anything in the Bible. (I have lost years of my life to severe social anxiety disorder.) Which has led me to think, feelings are all well and good but you can't just believe things based on them. And when it comes to God, what do we have beyond just feelings? Prayer seems little more than wishful thinking in my own experience.

Anyway... don't want to hijack your thread, so back to it.
so..... what are you getting at?

Upvote 0

Bro. Daniel

Prophet & Psalmist
Aug 22, 2017
Eph. 1:4, Ps. 139:15, Jer. 1:5, Virginia, U.S.
✟15,889.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

Thanks for your support

In addition to some of the responses above as relationship with God, a weaning from the world is necessary for this to happen. He leads and guides us all into repentance bringing remembrance of old unrepentant sins for conviction to shed them off by asking forgiveness. The same is done by repenting and breaking ancestral sins and generational curses from forefathers in our bloodlines and lineages. We ask God to deliver us from temptation of any sins to be overcome by strength through Christ to stop doing them also. Renouncing, denouncing, and repentance any pacts, vows, promises, secret societies, or things we never kept in the past also helps. It is a lot to be with God. Acceptance of Him into our hearts was only the first step in the journey. The Bible has a vast wealth of knowledge and can't be completely understood without the Holy Spirit. Other than that, the spirit will be asleep and the vail will remain over our hearts, eyes and ears.

Salvation and a relationship with God is a very deep subject matter of commitment, holiness and by far not instant at all. Our spiritual foundation has to be repaired and the relationship with God is built and sought daily. Feeding our spirits with the word of God (daily bread) and separating from the world through fasting and inquiry prayer progressively allows Him to begin to reveal Himself more. We pray everyday asking Him about everything in life, even the smallest things to help build the relationship to the very clothes we wear or eat because there's more things sinful in nature such as covenants, soul ties, demonic transfers as one becomes more advanced in regards to spiritual gifts, warfare, gateways, accessing Heaven, God's throne and His courts, etc.

God is a spirit and has to be worshipped spiritually, which is achieved through asceticism via singing, worship, thanksgiving, prayer, praising Him and loving Him back as much as He loves us and leaving those He tells us too. Entering into His presence and remaining there is best to capture His attention even if you have to speak to Him out loud. We also ask Him to cleanse us from head to toe spiritually. He will give us time when we are ready to get out of anything necessary to increase our level of relationship.

God speaks to us daily in the spirit especially in our dreams and visions even in the natural. If no one is dreaming then they are spiritually blocked either by God or Satan, then we have to ask God to release us from whatever is blocking us or form of bondage in order to see in the spirit. When we are in the world, He cannot trust us enough to retain the information He is trying to relay as Satan will take it and use it against us. Asking God for His wisdom and understanding is a plus. Putting on spiritual armor daily not just on ourselves, but our family members, loved ones and household and our Angels that protect us.

And if you really want to know God, seek Him in prayer between 3am-6am as these are firstfruit times of the day by giving Him 10% of our entire life or more to show we truly want to have Him in our lives.

Luke 16:10, Colossians 3:5, John 6:35, Matthew 6:33, 1 Chronicles 16:11, Psalm 105:4, Psalm 14:2, Luke 14:27, Luke 14:33, John 4:24, John 10:27, Leviticus 26:40-42, Philippians 4:13, Psalm 51:10, Matthew 7:7-8, Psalm 5:3, 1 Peter 1:15-16, Proverbs 25:2, Luke 18:12, Joel 2:28, Acts 2:17, Ephesians 6, Ephesians 1:17-18, 2 Corinthians 3, 2 Corinthians 2, 2 Corinthians 12, Proverbs 4, Proverbs 8, Psalm 91, Psalm 23, Psalm 100, Psalm 149, Psalm 150.

Shalom and blessings,

Upvote 0

Maria37

Jan 8, 2018
Shah Alam
✟15,809.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
In addition to some of the responses above as relationship with God, a weaning from the world is necessary for this to happen. He leads and guides us all into repentance bringing remembrance of old unrepentant sins for conviction to shed them off by asking forgiveness. The same is done by repenting and breaking ancestral sins and generational curses from forefathers in our bloodlines and lineages. We ask God to deliver us from temptation of any sins to be overcome by strength through Christ to stop doing them also. Renouncing, denouncing, and repentance any pacts, vows, promises, secret societies, or things we never kept in the past also helps. It is a lot to be with God. Acceptance of Him into our hearts was only the first step in the journey. The Bible has a vast wealth of knowledge and can't be completely understood without the Holy Spirit. Other than that, the spirit will be asleep and the vail will remain over our hearts, eyes and ears.

Salvation and a relationship with God is a very deep subject matter of commitment, holiness and by far not instant at all. Our spiritual foundation has to be repaired and the relationship with God is built and sought daily. Feeding our spirits with the word of God (daily bread) and separating from the world through fasting and inquiry prayer progressively allows Him to begin to reveal Himself more. We pray everyday asking Him about everything in life, even the smallest things to help build the relationship to the very clothes we wear or eat because there's more things sinful in nature such as covenants, soul ties, demonic transfers as one becomes more advanced in regards to spiritual gifts, warfare, gateways, accessing Heaven, God's throne and His courts, etc.

God is a spirit and has to be worshipped spiritually, which is achieved through asceticism via singing, worship, thanksgiving, prayer, praising Him and loving Him back as much as He loves us and leaving those He tells us too. Entering into His presence and remaining there is best to capture His attention even if you have to speak to Him out loud. We also ask Him to cleanse us from head to toe spiritually. He will give us time when we are ready to get out of anything necessary to increase our level of relationship.

God speaks to us daily in the spirit especially in our dreams and visions even in the natural. If no one is dreaming then they are spiritually blocked either by God or Satan, then we have to ask God to release us from whatever is blocking us or form of bondage in order to see in the spirit. When we are in the world, He cannot trust us enough to retain the information He is trying to relay as Satan will take it and use it against us. Asking God for His wisdom and understanding is a plus. Putting on spiritual armor daily not just on ourselves, but our family members, loved ones and household and our Angels that protect us.

And if you really want to know God, seek Him in prayer between 3am-6am as these are firstfruit times of the day by giving Him 10% of our entire life or more to show we truly want to have Him in our lives.

Luke 16:10, Colossians 3:5, John 6:35, Matthew 6:33, 1 Chronicles 16:11, Psalm 105:4, Psalm 14:2, Luke 14:27, Luke 14:33, John 4:24, John 10:27, Leviticus 26:40-42, Philippians 4:13, Psalm 51:10, Matthew 7:7-8, Psalm 5:3, 1 Peter 1:15-16, Proverbs 25:2, Luke 18:12, Joel 2:28, Acts 2:17, Ephesians 6, Ephesians 1:17-18, 2 Corinthians 3, 2 Corinthians 2, 2 Corinthians 12, Proverbs 4, Proverbs 8, Psalm 91, Psalm 23, Psalm 100, Psalm 149, Psalm 150.

Shalom and blessings,
Where in the Bible is there such thing as generational sin? this is confusing

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Maria37

Jan 8, 2018
Shah Alam
✟15,809.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Jesus said to Thomas who doubted, "Blessed are they who have seen and believed, and blessed are they who have not seen and believed."

It all depends on what evidence you are relying on for your belief in God. If it is something emotional or sensory, you are barking up the wrong tree and I am not surprised that you are struggling.

The Scripture says, "He who comes to God must believe that He is [exists] and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him.

Struggles about belief in God can come from a wrong expectation of Him and who He can do for us. Belief in God is an act of the will. I choose to believe that the Bible is true, and that the Gospels, Acts, and Letters are true. Therefore I am going to live my life as though they were true. If I never sense the presence of God with me, it doesn't matter because Christian life does not depend on that. It depends on whether I believe the promises in the Bible or not.

I wonder if you are sweating over the religious stuff instead of just resting in the belief that God's promises are true and whether you sense it or not, God is being faithful to you no matter what you decide and where you go. We live most of our lives just being normal and routine. God guides us without us always realising it. Faith is not the absence of feelings of doubt and questions. It is deciding to believe that the promises of God are true no matter what. It is an act of the will.
in other words, I take it in whole, right? I'm quite afraid that I may end up in this situation again. I am making a conscious effort. I'm sorry if I am being long winded. But I am speaking my thoughts, thanks.

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Faith comes by hearing of the Word.

A good bible teaching Pastor is in order.

Just a starting point.
Realizing how very complicated the Bible is no man or many men could have written that -- it had to be God inspired.

Now we seek Him with all our heart.
Perseverance seems to be the name of the game.
In the Bible it's called finishing the good race.

M-Bob

Upvote 0

Sarah G

Pro-peace, anti-war, anti-violence.
Site Supporter
Jun 29, 2017
Netherlands
✟131,322.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I want this problem solved now.

Are you a person that likes to be in control in general? Faith is frustrating because we want it to be black and white but it isn't. We can't find God through logic. Spiritual life is a wonderful, messy, frustrating, difficult, joyful, fantastic, brilliant, awful, terrible, exhausting, incredible adventure. It's a journey and you have to experience every step of it there are no short cuts.

Upvote 0