✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
NOT THAT WAY, [Shame on you]

I changed my label to Baptist. I decided that since I preach it, I just as soon wear it as well lol.
I have been a Baptist for many many years but had to wear a Non - denominational or christian badge as to enter the jails and prisons to minister and while in training as a chaplain that deals with many "religions".
Well now I can show that I am a Blood washed and grace covered Baptist believing man of God.

EzekielsWheels

Site Supporter
Oct 3, 2018
Southeast
Visit site
✟90,626.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

I changed my label to Baptist. I decided that since I preach it, I just as soon wear it as well lol.
I have been a Baptist for many many years but had to wear a Non - denominational or christian badge as to enter the jails and prisons to minister and while in training as a chaplain that deals with many "religions".
Well now I can show that I am a Blood washed and grace covered Baptist believing man of God.

I'm glad you're free lol but I didn't realize there were these restrictions on identifying as Baptist. Baptists are independent congregations right?

Upvote 0

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
I'm glad you're free lol but I didn't realize there were these restrictions on identifying as Baptist. Baptists are independent congregations right?
They said that we couldn't identify because people that are indoctrinated will close their ears to you immediately based on what they may have heard from others.
So we just went in as non denominal christians.

Upvote 0

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
So why did that affect your label on CF?
I started off with the same idea here and used the Non denomination label first, Then Christian, but decided I am proud to be baptist and I will gladly wear the label.
This clears up confusion right off the bat and I no longer have to explain the initial basic beliefs to people.
They know kinda where I am now that I am all about that Blood and grace and being saved by His grace through our faith and this alone.

Upvote 0
Oct 21, 2003
Central Time Zone
✟107,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
They said that we couldn't identify because people that are indoctrinated will close their ears to you immediately based on what they may have heard from others. So we just went in as non denominal christians.

Personally I think it's a shame they do that to people, I mean we are what we are. Maybe they should read their Bibles a little closer especially the passages where Jesus spoke about ears and hearing, and the enabler and source of hearing? :)

Upvote 0

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
Personally I think it's a shame they do that to people, I mean we are what we are. Maybe they should read their Bibles a little closer especially the passages where Jesus spoke about ears and hearing, and the enabler and source of hearing? :)
I agree brother. It just causes further confusion in my opinion

Upvote 0

Not me

Righteousness is right and not me.
Feb 26, 2018
California
✟263,015.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Hey! Wait a minute.

To be like Lucy and the football. To set up a football, than pull it away, just before someone try’s to kick it, so that person falls on their butt. Than blame the person who tried to kick the ball. (something is wrong here). Lol :wave:

Blessings

Much love in Christ, Not me

ps, are you sure there’s going to be Baptist’s in Heaven? Lol ❤️☝️

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Seems like a good thing that it came to a time when you could express your Baptist beliefs.

I understand for I just started a little prison ministry a while back. There are a lot of rules.

I did a little bit of (easy) work furlough time way back when. The ones that ran that place actually were not extra kind to the people that were bringing in AA meetings and the such. Trying to save the Lost Souls. I have always given those ones much credit.

Note
AA I believe to be a very good program but, I do not agree with step 12.

M-Bob

Upvote 0

Stone-n-Steel

Site Supporter
Jul 29, 2018
Texas
✟224,710.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Just don't tell anyone what kind of Baptist you are, they might call you a heretic.

Upvote 0

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
Hey! Wait a minute.

To be like Lucy and the football. To set up a football, than pull it away, just before someone try’s to kick it, so that person falls on their butt. Than blame the person who tried to kick the ball. (something is wrong here). Lol :wave:

Blessings

Much love in Christ, Not me

ps, are you sure there’s going to be Baptist’s in Heaven? Lol ❤️☝️
I sure hope so!!! Especially now that I have claimed to be one. :]

Upvote 0

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
Seems like a good thing that it came to a time when you could express your Baptist beliefs.

I understand for I just started a little prison ministry a while back. There are a lot of rules.

I did a little bit of (easy) work furlough time way back when. The ones that ran that place actually were not extra kind to the people that were bringing in AA meetings and the such. Trying to save the Lost Souls. I have always given those ones much credit.

Note
AA I believe to be a very good program but, I do not agree with step 12.

M-Bob
Some are strict and "over" cautious because they do not want to offend the muslims and other groups there. One prison that I trained at even had a group of wiccans come in weekly until prayer removed them. :]

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
Whatzzamatta' wif non-denominationals? :p
Nothing at all but I have found that it is in fact a denomination too. lol
It is not about what is over the door, But about what is in the heart and being blood covered is what we have to have.

• Winner
Reactions: ml5363
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Whatzzamatta' wif non-denominationals? :p

Nothing. It's "denominationalism" that gives Christianity a bad name, and limits the effectiveness and appeal of the church.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Nothing at all but I have found that it is in fact a denomination too. lol
It is not about what is over the door, But about what is in the heart and being blood covered is what we have to have.

Ok, amigo...what denomination izz it? :D

(watching video)

Upvote 0