undisclosed Bunker
✟289,134.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I have a favorite secular channel done by a student in Comparative Religion which discusses different religious movements and figures and (I think) usually gets them right from an unbiased external view. Was really enjoying this particular clip related to Orthodoxy and Hesychasm. So, I am posting it here for our edification and commentary. I want to stress this is an outside view, but I also feel like it was generally informative about Eastern Orthodoxy for anyone, as most of his vids are on topics he addresses. If members feel that he got anything incorrect or grossly misrepresented, please comment below so that anyone else viewing can have a good internal view to balance it.

Enjoy!

Nov 25, 2021
Private
✟16,253.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Thank you for posting this. I was pleased to see the discussion of the Hesychast Controversy. Rather than diving into the Philokalia, though (and I added this thought in more detail to the video's comment section on YT), new practitioners of the Jesus Prayer would do well to read St. Ignatius Brianchaninov's On the Prayer of Jesus, which may reasonably be considered essential reading for anyone who practices hesychastic prayer. Thanks again for the post!

Upvote 0