london
✟22,497.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
How do you deal with someone who's started showing attitude and doesn't to to talk to you because you corrected them for something they did wrong...
I've made an attempt to talk to this person but he gave me an attitude and am not interested in doing it again..and aside the further embarasment i may suffer in doing it again, i dont want to look all needy and pushy yearning for his company. Because honestly i dont..and wont loose anything if i should play along
My prefered option is to just ignore him totally but I kinda feel guilty as the enemy accuses me anything I want to pray... .
it's a way he tries to stop me from praying. ..even though I know deep within that I've done nothing wrong i cant seem to resist those accusations. ..please how resist the enemies accusations. .?

tansy

Jan 12, 2008
✟35,507.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'd say, just take it to God and pray for him and for you. Maybe say to God 'I forgive him for his attitude etc.
I remember years ago complaining to God about a particular person and into my head came the word 'symbiotic'. Well, I wasn't totally sure what this word exactly meant, so I looked it up. Basically, God was showing that we both needed each other. So I had to say sorry to God for criticizing this person..and it was also interesting because I then started to see the person in a different light. (And by the way, I most probably was a pain to this person in some ways as well)

Reactions: vlisco
Upvote 0

vlisco

May 17, 2017
london
✟22,497.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Th
I'd say, just take it to God and pray for him and for you. Maybe say to God 'I forgive him for his attitude etc.
I remember years ago complaining to God about a particular person and into my head came the word 'symbiotic'. Well, I wasn't totally sure what this word exactly meant, so I looked it up. Basically, God was showing that we both needed each other. So I had to say sorry to God for criticizing this person..and it was also interesting because I then started to see the person in a different light. (And by the way, I most probably was a pain to this person in some ways as well)
Thank you for your advice

Reactions: tansy
Upvote 0

Persis

Titus 3:4-7
Aug 21, 2016
World
✟22,115.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi Vlisco. I don't know you or the depth of your relationship to this person but perhaps they feel rejected and don't take criticism well because they have low self esteem. They don't know to process it so they act out of the insecurity putting on airs. I have a feeling (and I could be wrong) that you are a people pleaser, maybe co-dependant, and don't have a strong sense of self. Because you know that what you did wasn't wrong. Another person would not care so much in light that they did not do anything wrong and let that person be responsible to work through their emotions, and maybe examine themselves with what you said. Depending on how much you value the relationship just continue to be normal to them and let this pass if it wasn't too a serious issue, and I would hope that that person will eventually come around again. I'm just thinking of personal experiences. And yes, pray.. above all pray. Pray that God will help you not get entangled with other people and have better invisible boundaries. I think so many of us have the same problem, so thank you for sharing. :)

God Bless you.

Reactions: tansy
Upvote 0

jax5434

Nov 27, 2007
✟31,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I do not know this situation but could it have anything with the way you corrected him? I once had an older friend who attended the funeral of his non-believing aunt. When the time came for family members to rise and share memories of the deceased my friend stood in front of the casket and said :"Whelp she's in hell now..." Delivery matters a great deal.
God Bless
Jax

Upvote 0

Kit Sigmon

May 18, 2016
USA
✟76,189.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
How do you deal with someone who's started showing attitude and doesn't to to talk to you because you corrected them for something they did wrong...
I've made an attempt to talk to this person but he gave me an attitude and am not interested in doing it again..and aside the further embarasment i may suffer in doing it again, i dont want to look all needy and pushy yearning for his company. Because honestly i dont..and wont loose anything if i should play along
My prefered option is to just ignore him totally but I kinda feel guilty as the enemy accuses me anything I want to pray... .
it's a way he tries to stop me from praying. ..even though I know deep within that I've done nothing wrong i cant seem to resist those accusations. ..please how resist the enemies accusations. .?

Use the Word of God, that's what it's there for...Jesus quoted verses from Deuteronomy when the devil came at our Lord those forty days in the wilderness.

Also, don't forget clothe yourself in the full armor of God daily...Ephesians 6:10-18

Upvote 0

vlisco

May 17, 2017
london
✟22,497.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Hi Vlisco. I don't know you or the depth of your relationship to this person but perhaps they feel rejected and don't take criticism well because they have low self esteem. They don't know to process it so they act out of the insecurity putting on airs. I have a feeling (and I could be wrong) that you are a people pleaser, maybe co-dependant, and don't have a strong sense of self. Because you know that what you did wasn't wrong. Another person would not care so much in light that they did not do anything wrong and let that person be responsible to work through their emotions, and maybe examine themselves with what you said. Depending on how much you value the relationship just continue to be normal to them and let this pass if it wasn't too a serious issue, and I would hope that that person will eventually come around again. I'm just thinking of personal experiences. And yes, pray.. above all pray. Pray that God will help you not get entangled with other people and have better invisible boundaries. I think so many of us have the same problem, so thank you for sharing. :)

God Bless you.
Thanks for ur advice...honestly this relationship has no value whatsoever to me...am cool without him. ..Infact he would need me more. But I just need to have peace in my mind and heart so i can pray. You know how the devil uses irrelevant stuff to accuse us and stop us from prayer...that's what I need to deal with and have boldness to pray.

Upvote 0

vlisco

May 17, 2017
london
✟22,497.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Use the Word of God, that's what it's there for...Jesus quoted verses from Deuteronomy when the devil came at our Lord those forty days in the wilderness.

Also, don't forget clothe yourself in the full armor of God daily...Ephesians 6:10-18
Please are there any scriptures that I can quote to resist the enemies accusations during prayer...because they are false accusations. ..I have done no wrong for correcting someone and trying to get along again

Upvote 0