He's Praying for You-Daily Message-November 15, 2003

coolnfc

Student at William Jewell
Aug 14, 2003
Visit site
✟16,028.00
Faith
Christian
<p>Robert Murray McCheyne (1813-1843), pioneer missionary to America, testified, "If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me!" (Christianglobe.com).

<p>McCheyne's testimony reminds us of a biblical truth that is often overlooked. He reminds us that Jesus is praying for us no matter what we go through in our lives. The writer of the Hebrews taught us that the priestly, pastoral work of Jesus carries on unceasingly, meaning He always lives to make intercession for us in prayer (7:25). In Romans 8, Paul writes, "Christ Jesus, who died – more than that, who was raised to life – is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us" (8:34). Paul affirms here that Jesus is praying, among other things, that we would be preserved in our relationship to God the Father, and that we would not fall away from Him in sin. And what a powerful promise it is to know that Christ is praying on our behalf!

<p>Are you facing difficult circumstances today? Remember to ask other Christians to pray for you in your turmoil. However, do not forget to count on the intercessory prayers of the Mediator Himself (1 Timothy 2:5). By faith, hear Him praying uninterrupted for you, as if He were right next door.

<p><b>Faith Lesson:</b> We serve a Savior that prays for us continually as we lift our concerns and tribulations to the Father in prayer.<br><br>

In Christ,<br>
Darin Smith</p>