Oct 5, 2005
Illinois
Visit site
✟15,388.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Just think, every promise God has ever made finds its fulfillment in Jesus. God doesn't just give us grace, He gives us Jesus, the Lord of grace. If it's peace, it's only found in Jesus, the Prince of Peace. Even life itself is found in the Resurrection and the Life. Christianity isn't all that complicated ... it's Jesus. -- Joni Eareckson Tada

Is Jesus important to you? Most of you probably answered "yes". But let me ask you, is Jesus the most important to you? Is he above all other things in your life? Is he A big deal to you or is he THE big deal?

We make so many things important. Church is important. Worship is important. Doctrine is important. Sometimes, we make minor things more important than they should be and it becomes our focus. I want Jesus to be THE big deal in my life. I want him to be the most important. I want to want Jesus more than I want anything else. As I pray that way, I find it hard. It's hard to truly acknowledge that I must decrease and he must increase.

We talk a lot about rights in this country and in our culture. We want to know what our rights are and what the rights of others are. The apostle John in his gospel begins right away with answering that question. In verse 3 of chapter 1 we read: Through him [Jesus] all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made." What does that mean to us? That means that Jesus has the right to everything he created. He made it, it's his. He made you, you are his. Everything you own is his. We talk about "giving to God" but we aren't really giving God anything. He already has it, it's his by right of creation. We just surrender it back to him.

This coming year I want to focus my time and attention on Jesus. I want more of him. I don't want anything apart from him. I want him to become not only the center of my life but I want him to become my life. Want to join me? Let's pray for one another that we make 2006 all about him.

Copyright © 2005 Greg Holl. All rights reserved.