• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Hermaphrodite

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

unsure89

Hello

First off, I would like to say that you all have a very nice website here. I've come to seek the advice of those who can help me. This is very difficult for me to talk about, but I need advice badly. I think I was born a hermaphrodite. I've done my own research on the internet about this issue, and I found out that sometimes infants have operations to make them seem normal (sometimes without the knowledge or consent of the parents). I just know how much my parents are about appearances and how they don't hesitate to lie, so I can't trust what they say. I also can't ask them about it. Is there any way I can find out the answer to this issue? I'd greatly appreciate any advice. Thanks

unsure89

Darkhorse

just horsing around
Aug 10, 2005
mid-Atlantic
Visit site
✟288,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Your doctor can order a genetic test, like those given to olympic athletes. The lab runs a swab around in your mouth, then examines the sex chromasomes in the sample. As you probably know, a normal woman has 2 "X" chromasomes, while a normal man has 1 "X" chromasome and 1 "Y" chromasome. Various syndromes can occur where people can have extra X or Y chromasomes, and these conditions can "confuse" the appearance and functioning of the genitals (and other things). Also, certain endocrine problems can occur, where the person's external genitals resemble those of their opposite (genetic) sex. A good frank discussion with your doctor can resolve a lot of worries!

Odds are, you have nothing to worry about, but if you want to PM me, we can talk more. :)

Upvote 0

Yamialpha

Celeritas
Oct 5, 2004
✟2,914.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don't know-if you can't trust your parents, how can you go to the doctor's office? Wouldn't they have to set the appointment? You don't want to lie to your parents about the reason you're having the appointment. I can do a probability model for you to help if you want me to.

Upvote 0
U

unsure89

OceanAngel and Penny_Lane,

No offense, but I'm not yet ready to answer those questions. When I am, I'll send you two PMs and maybe in the future share it in the thread. I'm already aware of the term "intersexed", but I used the word hermaphrodite since I thought more people would be familiar with it than intersexed.

Darkhorse,

Yamialpha basically outlines my dilemma there. I can't go to the doctor. I'd like to since I'm aware of many of the genetic disorders such as Kleinfelter's Syndrome with the XXY and so on.

Yamialpha,

I'd greatly appreciate that.

Thank you all so much for your concern and advice.

unsure89

Upvote 0

beehoney

Pressing toward the mark
Sep 30, 2005
✟32,832.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
unsure89 said:
Hello

First off, I would like to say that you all have a very nice website here. I've come to seek the advice of those who can help me. This is very difficult for me to talk about, but I need advice badly. I think I was born a hermaphrodite. I've done my own research on the internet about this issue, and I found out that sometimes infants have operations to make them seem normal (sometimes without the knowledge or consent of the parents). I just know how much my parents are about appearances and how they don't hesitate to lie, so I can't trust what they say. I also can't ask them about it. Is there any way I can find out the answer to this issue? I'd greatly appreciate any advice. Thanks

unsure89
You have to see a doctor. No two ways about it.

Upvote 0

KindGuardian

Feb 3, 2005
✟15,290.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
They are right, you do need to see a doctor. Your parents always provide for you and help you in so many ways. This instant probably isn't too different than other in that they want to help and love you. For you to be confused and hurt is probably one of the last things they want. Tell your parents you want a check-up. When the doctor asks if you have any questions, tell him/her yes you do. Ask your doctor about proceedures, test, ask any questions you have. Mostly, no one wants to hurt you, people want to help you. Ask your parents, ask your doctor once you get there. It may make you nervous, but it'll feel worse if you never know.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

he_is_risen!!

All ways in need of help
Oct 24, 2003
Arizona
Visit site
✟7,907.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Republican
All I have to say is be careful. If you have a feeling be very careful cause emotions lie. My feelings have told me that homosexuality is okay, but they are wrong. That's why you MUST look at the absolute truth of the Bible. Never changes and it's always true. And also, pray like no other cause the Lord will give you what you need in time. Just be patient. I prayed for the Lord to give me help to fight my sinful desires and it took a year of praying for it to happen. BUt now I am FULLY sold for the Lord and I wouldn't be if He hadn't waited. Trust God, that's the best advice I can give.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.