Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
Can ANY of these be Redeemed & Rescued???

If by heretics....you mean people who are in Christian "sects" or "Christian" fringe groups like the Mormons and the JW's....I do believe that some heretics can be redeemed and rescued.

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,745.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Is anyone beyond the love of God?

But Hebrews does hint that there is a point of no return for those who once knew God, but turned away and count Him as nothing. So true apostates with reprobate minds - maybe not. Only God knows.

Heresy doesn't put one beyond the reach of God though. They can repent of that, just as any sin can be repented of (except blasphemy of the Holy Spirit).

Upvote 0

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Is anyone beyond the love of God?

But Hebrews does hint that there is a point of no return for those who once knew God, but turned away and count Him as nothing. So true apostates with reprobate minds - maybe not. Only God knows.

Heresy doesn't put one beyond the reach of God though. They can repent of that, just as any sin can be repented of (except blasphemy of the Holy Spirit).

I hve to disagree with you here. I'm assuming you are saying, those who once knew God were considered as saved. Then they lost their position in heaven. The problem with that is I believe you can't lose your salvation. Rather you'll lose your rewards, crowns, etc. given to the obedient at the Judgement seat of Christ.

1st Cor 3:15 If anyone’s work is burned up, he will suffer loss, though he himself will be saved, but only as through fire.

John 10:29 My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all, and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father’s hand.

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,745.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I hve to disagree with you here. I'm assuming you are saying, those who once knew God were considered as saved. Then they lost their position in heaven. The problem with that is I believe you can't lose your salvation. Rather you'll lose your rewards, crowns, etc. given to the obedient at the Judgement seat of Christ.

1st Cor 3:15 If anyone’s work is burned up, he will suffer loss, though he himself will be saved, but only as through fire.

John 10:29 My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all, and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father’s hand.

Yes, I'm aware that not everyone agrees with me.

I maintain though that those who were "made partakers of the Holy Spirit" and otherwise are spoken of in this passage were "saved" in modern terms. "Enlightenment" speaks (historically) of being brought into the faith.

And then they have "fallen away" and it is "impossible to renew them to repentance".

This was also the ancient understanding of that passage. Yes, we believe in election, but it seems not in the same way you might?

Forgive me, I'm not really interested in arguing. If you disagree with me, that is fine. I'm giving an answer based on what I consider the relevant passages to the OP. I do realize that modern Christianity has a great many competing theologies.

May God have mercy on us all. :)

Hebrews 6
4For in the case of those who have once been enlightened and have tasted of the heavenly gift and have been made partakers of the Holy Spirit, 5and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come, 6and thenhave fallen away, it is impossible to renew them again to repentance, since they again crucify to themselves the Son of God and put Him to open shame. 7For ground that drinks the rain which often falls on it and brings forth vegetation useful to those for whose sake it is also tilled, receives a blessing from God; 8but if it yields thorns and thistles, it is worthless and close to being cursed, and it ends up being burned.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I know this is probably wrong, but i want everyone to be saved. I have a hard time believing that people will die a second death. How can God not save lost souls? Its heartbreaking. It says that every knee will bow to Christ, and proclaim him to be Lord. If that's true, how can anyone be lost?

Forgive me, im confused.

Upvote 0

SpeckOdust

Jan 24, 2017
U.K
✟23,975.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I know this is probably wrong, but i want everyone to be saved. I have a hard time believing that people will die a second death. How can God not save lost souls? Its heartbreaking. It says that every knee will bow to Christ, and proclaim him to be Lord. If that's true, how can anyone be lost?

Forgive me, im confused.

BECAUSE ofthe pleasures of this Life and the daily-grind of living,people can feel hopeless...When confronted with Messages Preaching from the Bible,People are Human and,when they walk away after having heard those messages,they will come back to their daily-reality,and reason a certain way...If the message itself was uttered with castigation and antagonism,that in itself will rub people up the wrong-way and so,this winds them up to go in the opposite direction! As they go,they reason a certain way,and decide to "throw caution to the wind",cast-off restraint; BECAUSE they know that they could never Live the Christian-Life on their own,they will either a.Start deriding the message itself and reject it OR b.Acknowledge in their Heart that there IS some Truth in the Message,but feel as it were,like a condemned-building. Hopelessness inside the Heart and Anxiety leading to Depression, nevermind the struggle to find Meaning and Purpose in Life,leads People towards further Nihilism and Hedonism( painfulness in Life seeks an antidote or Panacea).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
BECAUSE ofthe pleasures of this Life and the daily-grind of living,people can feel hopeless...When confronted with Messages Preaching from the Bible,People are Human and,when they walk away after having heard those messages,they will come back to their daily-reality,and reason a certain way...If the message itself was uttered with castigation and antagonism,that in itself will rub people up the wrong-way and so,this winds them up to go in the opposite direction! As they go,they reason a certain way,and decide to "throw caution to the wind",cast-off restraint; BECAUSE they know that they could never Live the Christian-Life on their own,they will either a.Start deriding the message itself and reject it OR b.Acknowledge in their Heart that there IS some Truth in the Message,but feel as it were,like a condemned-building. Hopelessness inside the Heart and Anxiety leading to Depression, nevermind the struggle to find Meaning and Purpose in Life,leads People towards further Nihilism and Hedonism( painfulness in Life seeks an antidote or Panacea).
ok, thank you for the reply. :)

Upvote 0