Here's yet another problem regarding the homeless.

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

-Luca

Apr 11, 2017
United Kingdom
✟28,661.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
That is sad because it must be horrible living without a place to call home. I was surprised when he said he had a degree. I feel as though that would be a very small margin of homeless people. None the less, God bless them.

Upvote 0

devin553344

I believe in the Resurrection
Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Yes I read about half the article and it sounded about right. But I didn't see, in the half I read, that he preached the Gospel as homeless for Jesus. But he did mention he is Christian. It looks like he made it out of homelessness.

Upvote 0

spiritualchristian7

Aug 6, 2019
NCR
✟16,028.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
"You can start by not judging the homeless. Don’t say that they deserve to be in that situation—no human being deserves that."

I remember my Christian friend telling me as we were passing by a homeless guy, that he deserves to be in that situation because he didn't work enough.

Upvote 0

gaara4158

Gen Alpha Dad
Aug 18, 2007
United States
✟196,179.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"You can start by not judging the homeless. Don’t say that they deserve to be in that situation—no human being deserves that."

I remember my Christian friend telling me as we were passing by a homeless guy, that he deserves to be in that situation because he didn't work enough.
The myth of meritocracy is crucial to the sustained operation of late capitalism.

• Agree
Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟728,115.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
The myth of meritocracy is crucial to the sustained operation of late capitalism.

"It's a meritocracy" - the oligarchs and plutocrats

-CryptoLutheran

Reactions: gaara4158
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Nearly everything he says that we don't know about the homeless is very well known.
Jes' sayin'.
"Very well known" ? .... yet homelessness continues in most countries including USA.

Who realizes this ? >
"There is a “homeless code”

If you learn one thing fast, it’s that no one is going to look out for you and so you learn to band together with other homeless people. We would do our best to help each other out, share tips, and stuff like that. Now there are even tent cities, homeless encampments, in some places. There’s also a healthy barter system where you can trade for things you need without money."
www . msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/causes/i-used-to-be-homeless%E2%80%94and-heres-what-everyone-gets-wrong-about-it/ar-BBPFXrv?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=iehp

=========================
Also, who (besides Jesus), what country ALREADY SOLVED the problem of homelessness ? (without regard to right or wrong in doing so, the way they did- i.e. it might lead to more problems, especially spiritually)

(FINLAND)

=========================================
From another site:
"Jesus: one of the homeless

Jesus did not start life at home or in a hospital. He was born in a stable and his crib was an eating trough for animals. That’s how his life began, as a homeless baby, born to parents who were sleeping rough. He had hardly come into the world when Mary and Joseph took him across the border to escape the murderous intentions of King Herod the Great. Jesus became a baby on the run, a homeless asylum-seeker in Egypt.

During the years when he was growing up in Nazareth, Jesus did enjoy a home to live in. But, once he was baptised by John and began his public ministry, he became again a homeless person. Speaking about himself as ‘the Son of Man’, he said: ‘Foxes have holes, and birds of the air have nests; but the Son of Man has nowhere to lay his head’ (Matt 8:20; Luke 9:58). Foxes can be safe because they live in warm burrows down in the earth; birds can be safe and sound in their nests, high up in trees: but Jesus did not have that kind of safety and security. He had no home he could call his own, no fixed dwelling where he could lay his head on a pillow and go to sleep at night. He lived his life out in the open, sometimes alone and sometimes sleeping rough at night.

At the end, Jesus did not die at home or in a hospital, being supported by the kind of care that dying people can expect. He died by slow torture as a kind of barbarous entertainment for curious spectators. Who is more homeless than a person nailed up on a cross? Jesus had been stripped of his clothes to die in agony, with no home, no possessions, no bank account and hardly a friend within sight."

In his own particular way, Jesus was born, lived and died as a homeless person, the brother and friend of all homeless people and of all refugees and asylum seekers.

Upvote 0