Here We Go.... Liberals Deem Lincoln, and Washington Racist. Move to Remove Statues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,750,453.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
This hysterical reaction by the right - like Tucker Carlson - is ridiculous. It doesn't not help at all to post this stuff - it is spreading false accusations and lies.

No, the Democrats are not going after Lincoln, or Washington, or the Constitution or the Bill of Rights.

It is time to get real.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Soon it will be the constitution, the bill of rights and America it'self since they were all founded by 'racists'.

God have mercy!!!!!

Praying.

• Agree
Reactions: Tutorman
Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟896,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
It is funny is that the dems were the ones that were "racist" before. Remember that until about the 70s or 80s the south was BLUE. The parties have flipped.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟896,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
As far as I am aware no one has been caught in that arson incident. For all we know it was a KKK fellow.
Could be, but that does not mean that all whites are that way just as not all blacks are part of the violence of Black Lives Matter.

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,750,453.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Last edited:
Upvote 0

GondwanaLand

Dec 8, 2013
✟44,972.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Could be, but that does not mean that all whites are that way just as not all blacks are part of the violence of Black Lives Matter.
Where did anyone say anything about all whites being that way? No one said a word about all whites. Guilty conscience there or something?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟896,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Where did anyone say anything about all whites being that way? No one said a word about all whites. Guilty conscience there or something?
You did not, but I will admit it kinda of sounded like that as the KKK is known for being white and racist.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟896,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
So it sounds like you were the one doing grouping of all whites.
How so? I know plenty of whites AND plenty of blacks, but I so not PERSONALLY know anyone of either racist that has engaged in VIOLENCE over it.

Upvote 0

Ygrene Imref

Feb 21, 2017
New York, NY
✟70,839.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
Soon it will be the constitution, the bill of rights and America it'self since they were all founded by 'racists'.

Can you honestly say that the constitution's bones were made for Muslims, Blacks, Latinos, Asians, Gays, Jews, and so on? It took constitutional amendments for the constitution to be an inclusive protector of rights for "all" - on paper at least. The constitution's bones was made for Columbians of the 18th century. Most all of those people I listed weren't even considered full humans, let alone "Americans."

Now, as far as Lincoln, Washington and the civil war - what is the problem? You want the country to parade these images of slavery, racism and bigotry throughout the 30th century? When will a country be progressive enough to appreciate the history of the nation, but at the same time sincerely denounce the behavior - removing blatant historical taunts of culture and egrigious, inhumane activity? There is no problem putting these figures in a museum where the full truth of their importance can be revealed in context.

Leaving a monument of praise of a slave owner who tortured, raped and killed human beings in an alleged post-racial America should be an easy protest to make. Put them in museums and stop parading them in front of the very people you claim to accept as Americans - whose ancestors suffered at the hands of these extolled idols.

Oh, and yea by the way statues are idols. They are graven images.

The common theory is that Lincoln was anti-slavery, and pro-African American. The north had slaves; they called them servants - and usually remained inside. This is not because they were treated differently, it is because north of the Mason Dixie line is a topology that does not support agriculture/raw material production en masse. It is for this reason that the Civil War happened - not because of an alleged sentiment for the slaves, but because the South would have been too big of an economic power against the North - with both slaves, and the land to produce cash crops.

If the South wasn't an economic (and militaristic threat) to the North, it is very likely slavery would have continued.

All of the "founding fathers" have their place in a museum for correct study. Memorializing some ancient faces that - at best - were not opposed to slavery and slave owning (or, "indentured servants") is idolatry. I know this is a personal preference, but I don't understand a nation's obsession with making idols out of horrible people - as if the cement/marble/bronze wash their pasts and influences clean.

Reactions: camille70
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GondwanaLand

Dec 8, 2013
✟44,972.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
How so? I know plenty of whites AND plenty of blacks, but I so not PERSONALLY know anyone of either racist that has engaged in VIOLENCE over it.
Ypu were the person that assumed and creatwd a strawman that by me mentioning the kkk, that somehow I was talking about all whites. Thus you were the one doing the grouping, while constructing your strawman.

• Agree
Reactions: Jenny_8675309
Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
This hysterical reaction by the right - like Tucker Carlson - is ridiculous. It doesn't not help at all to post this stuff - it is spreading false accusations and lies.

No, the Democrats are not going after Lincoln, or Washington, or the Constitution or the Bill of Rights.

It is time to get real.

What about Sharpton's calls to defund the Jefferson memorial?

Al Sharpton: Defund The Jefferson Memorial, Asking Me To "Subsidize The Insult Of My Family"

The bust was burned by vandals. The police do not know who did it and it could have been done by some kids, or teens.

Don't equate all vandals as being liberals - that would be flaming a group. Instead, post a more honest story about it like this one:
Lincoln Statue Burned on Chicago's South Side: Alderman

So is equating everyone who didn't support violence on either side with Trump supporters, Nazi sympathizers, right-wing extremists, etc. and claiming that "the Right" is literally joining with Nazis because they hate the left so much.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟896,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Can you honestly say that the constitution's bones were made for Muslims, Blacks, Latinos, Asians, Gays, Jews, and so on? It took constitutional amendments for the constitution to be an inclusive protector of rights for "all" - on paper at least. The constitution's bones was made for Columbians of the 18th century. Most all of those people I listed weren't even considered full humans, let alone "Americans."

Now, as far as Lincoln, Washington and the civil war - what is the problem? You want the country to parade these images of slavery, racism and bigotry throughout the 30th century? When will a country be progressive enough to appreciate the history of the nation, but at the same time sincerely denounce the behavior - removing blatant historical taunts of culture and egrigious, inhumane activity? There is no problem putting these figures in a museum where the full truth of their importance can be revealed in context.

Leaving a monument of praise of a slave owner who tortured, raped and killed human beings in an alleged post-racial America should be an easy protest to make. Put them in museums and stop parading them in front of the very people you claim to accept as Americans - whose ancestors suffered at the hands of these extolled idols.

Oh, and yea by the way statues are idols. They are graven images.

The common theory is that Lincoln was anti-slavery, and pro-African American. The north had slaves; they called them servants - and usually remained inside. This is not because they were treated differently, it is because north of the Mason Dixie line is a topology that does not support agriculture/raw material production en masse. It is for this reason that the Civil War happened - not because of an alleged sentiment for the slaves, but because the South would have been too big of an economic power against the North - with both slaves, and the land to produce cash crops.

If the South wasn't an economic (and militaristic threat) to the North, it is very likely slavery would have continued.

All of the "founding fathers" have their place in a museum for correct study. Memorializing some ancient faces that - at best - were not opposed to slavery and slave owning (or, "indentured servants") is idolatry. I know this is a personal preference, but I don't understand a nation's obsession with making idols out of horrible people - as if the cement/marble/bronze wash their pasts and influences clean.
Actually, freedom of religion was mentioned in the FIRST amendment. They DID limit the NUMBER of people from particular places that could come over, but I am not sure how much of that Asian wise translated into how they were treated. As for homosexuals that was looked down upon back then and you just did NOT mention that and THAT, by the way has only changed in the past 20ish years.

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The bust was burned by vandals. The police do not know who did it and it could have been done by some kids, or teens.

Don't equate all vandals as being liberals - that would be flaming a group. Instead, post a more honest story about it like this one:
Lincoln Statue Burned on Chicago's South Side: Alderman

If you go to :44 in the clip that I posted you can see for yourself the discussion has ensued on CNN about removing Washington, and any slave owners. This is not made up.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟896,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Ypu were the person that assumed and creatwd a strawman that by me mentioning the kkk, that somehow I was talking about all whites. Thus you were the one doing the grouping, while constructing your strawman.
I am (honestly) confused what did you mean when you brought up the fact that it could be a KKK member. This is what confused me and made me think you were talking about whites because of course if they have not caught anyone it could literally be ANYONE who may or may not have anything to be with the KKK and for that matter could be any race.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.