Wisconsin, United States of America
✟650,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Anyone who watched the news is aware of how many States are thumbing their nose at social distancing and masks. I am including this video so you can see what it was like in NYC and I would also point out that NY has seen the most significant decrease in every metric on this since this point.

Too bad my city-provided Wi-fi bars me from viewing the video.

Upvote 0

ZNP

Feb 20, 2020
Atlanta
✟54,279.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Too bad my city-provided Wi-fi bars me from viewing the video.
Wow? OK, two college kids volunteer to work in two different morgues in the City during the crisis. They took photos of morgues crammed so full the people working there had to walk over the tops of the guernies holding dead people. One room for 15-18 people held 88. You see parking lots filled with refrigerated trucks brought in to give them extra room. At the height NYC had 1 person dying every 2 minutes.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟650,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Wow? OK, two college kids volunteer to work in two different morgues in the City during the crisis. They took photos of morgues crammed so full the people working there had to walk over the tops of the guernies holding dead people. One room for 15-18 people held 88. You see parking lots filled with refrigerated trucks brought in to give them extra room. At the height NYC had 1 person dying every 2 minutes.

It looks like they've improved those numbers since then, just like the rest of the country. I'm glad to see that Cuomo is starting to allow places to open back up.

Upvote 0

ZNP

Feb 20, 2020
Atlanta
✟54,279.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It looks like they've improved those numbers since then, just like the rest of the country. I'm glad to see that Cuomo is starting to allow places to open back up.
NY has seen more improvement than any other state, that is for sure. But they have also had a very tight lockdown, use of masks, social distancing, and people who respect that. I thought it was appropriate here, not because NY appears to be heading for a 2nd wave, but for all those states who seem oblivious to the risk and ignored all safety precautions during this holiday weekend. I added clips about Brazil and Mexico because they have done a determined job of ignoring the danger and despite all their effort at sweeping this under the run and pretending this is just another version of the flu, the bodies are piling up and overflowing. Even a big rug can only hide so many bodies.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟650,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
NY has seen more improvement than any other state, that is for sure. But they have also had a very tight lockdown, use of masks, social distancing, and people who respect that. I thought it was appropriate here, not because NY appears to be heading for a 2nd wave, but for all those states who seem oblivious to the risk and ignored all safety precautions during this holiday weekend. I added clips about Brazil and Mexico because they have done a determined job of ignoring the danger and despite all their effort at sweeping this under the run and pretending this is just another version of the flu, the bodies are piling up and overflowing. Even a big rug can only hide so many bodies.

Not sure about Brazil, but Mexico ignored the problem from the beginning, as did NY. What Mexico is seeing now is the consequence of not dealing with it from the start. At least NY eventually came around. But what Mexico is experiencing isn't a second wave, but rather the first one.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟650,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
It looks like multiple people on Memorial Day at the Lake of the Ozarks in my home state of Missouri were not too concerned about the coronavirus and were ready to party! Here comes the second wave indeed.

It'll only take a couple weeks at most to know for sure. If a major outbreak doesn't actually happen at that time, then it will become more clear whether or not such gatherings are detrimental. At the same time though, there have already been major gatherings at several beaches more than 2 weeks ago that people were concerned about, and there have been no major spikes in cases since then.

• Useful
Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0

ZNP

Feb 20, 2020
Atlanta
✟54,279.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not sure about Brazil, but Mexico ignored the problem from the beginning, as did NY. What Mexico is seeing now is the consequence of not dealing with it from the start. At least NY eventually came around. But what Mexico is experiencing isn't a second wave, but rather the first one.
I get the distinction but don't think it is valuable to parse it like that since I don't live in Brazil.

My point is that after two months of lockdown people get antsy and go out to big pool parties and all other sorts of summertime events which are irresponsible in the final analysis. The world is swimming in this virus and the minute you see something like that you will see the match to the tinder and the hotspots erupt again.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟650,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I get the distinction but don't think it is valuable to parse it like that since I don't live in Brazil.

My point is that after two months of lockdown people get antsy and go out to big pool parties and all other sorts of summertime events which are irresponsible in the final analysis. The world is swimming in this virus and the minute you see something like that you will see the match to the tinder and the hotspots erupt again.

Well, like I said, we'll know within 2 weeks since that's about the maximum time it takes for people who get the virus to become sick. But people have been doing these mass gatherings for some time now, and there still has been no spike in cases. I believe it was Georgia that first began opening up businesses and there were people predicting a massive outbreak as a result. That was a whole month ago--plenty of time to see if it would produce a big surge in cases. Here are the results:

"A month since Georgia took some of the earliest and most extensive steps to reopen parts of its economy, Covid-19 cases have largely flattened in the state, albeit with a slight recent uptick.

"The bad news is we are not seeing a reduction in transmission, but I don't see a spike in transmission," said Dr. Gerardo Chowell, professor of mathematical epidemiology at Georgia State University's School of Public Health."
Georgia coronavirus: Steady but slow cases continue a month after reopening - CNN

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,055.00
Faith
Non-Denom

And I'm not one who would go to such a big pool party as I think we should at least try to respect some concept of social distancing BUT.....what if we actually don't see a a hotspot erupt significantly again. How therefore will people be readjusting their thinking concerning this whole thing?

Reactions: Aldebaran
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ZNP

Feb 20, 2020
Atlanta
✟54,279.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
One Of The First California Counties To Reopen Is Closing Again

One Of The First California Counties To Reopen Is Closing Again

Lassen County, a county of 30,000 people in the far reaches of Northern California, was one of the first places in the state to reopen in early May. But this week, it became the first to reverse course because of a resulting coronavirus outbreak.

The county’s public health officer, Dr. Kenneth Korver, announced the decision on Tuesday after confirming the county’s first four cases of COVID-19.

Upvote 0

ZNP

Feb 20, 2020
Atlanta
✟54,279.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

ZNP

Feb 20, 2020
Atlanta
✟54,279.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟650,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Wisconsin reports record number of new coronavirus cases, deaths

Wisconsin reports record number of new coronavirus cases, deaths

Wisconsin saw a record number of new coronavirus cases and deaths reported in a single day on Wednesday, two weeks after the state’s Supreme Court struck down its statewide stay-at-home order.

What exactly is considered to be a "record" number of new cases? Since Covid 19 has never been around before, every single new case sets a new record. Seems like they're just throwing around words like that to make the story sound more dramatic.

Upvote 0

ZNP

Feb 20, 2020
Atlanta
✟54,279.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What exactly is considered to be a "record" number of new cases? Since Covid 19 has never been around before, every single new case sets a new record. Seems like they're just throwing around words like that to make the story sound more dramatic.
599 new cases and 22 new deaths. 2nd paragraph.

Upvote 0

ZNP

Feb 20, 2020
Atlanta
✟54,279.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
New COVID-19 hot spots emerge across the U.S.: Here's what you need to know

New COVID-19 hot spots emerge across the U.S.: Here's what you need to know

Select areas in California, Wisconsin, Arkansas and more are seeing spikes in cases, and some areas are even reporting the highest numbers they’ve seen since the pandemic hit the U.S. Here are a few areas to keep an eye on and what to do if you live there.

Also Alabama, North Carolina, and Virginia

Upvote 0