• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Here are 7 reasons for hope for the pro-life movement...

Discussion in 'OBOB General Politics Forum' started by Michie, Jan 14, 2014.

1. Michie

Michie Perch Perkins. Catholic reporter. ;) Supporter

+20,243
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others

1-14-14

Here are 7 reasons for hope for the pro-life movement...

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Fantine

Fantine Dona Quixote Supporter

+6,132
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Democrat
    I'm not sure how right the author is.

In the 2012 election, Republicans lost the women's vote by a wide margin--largely because of their platforms on women's issues and candidates like Todd Akin of Missouri.

3. AvilaSurfer

AvilaSurfer Well-Known Member Supporter

+3,588
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Republican
    I especially like #5. I've been saying that for years. If pro-abortion people keep having abortions, and pro-life people keep having kids, who's gonna outnumber who eventually?

4. Maynard Keenan

Maynard Keenan Well-Known Member

+741
    Atheist
    Married
    US-Democrat
    Political opinions are hardly heritable.

5. AvilaSurfer

+3,588
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Republican
    Moral ones are taught by moral people.

6. LoAmmi

LoAmmi Dispassionate

+8,844
    Judaism
    Married
    That's assuming some things that don't quite line up. Not everybody who's pro-choice has abortions or takes birth control themselves. I'm pro-freedom of religion but I don't hold every religious belief to be true.

7. AvilaSurfer

+3,588
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Republican
    You can analyze it to death. But the fact is, if Christians keep having kids, and those with no moral compass keep killing kids, the good guys will outnumber the bad guys.

8. Genersis

Genersis Person of Disinterest

+733
    United Kingdom
    Atheist
    Single
    UK-Labour
    There are no "good guys" or "bad guys" on this issue.
    Nor are there more than a tiny fraction of people without a moral compass.

Black and white thinking is often wrong and counterproductive.

9. AvilaSurfer

+3,588
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Republican
    Abortion is murder. That makes your argument false.

10. Maynard Keenan

Maynard Keenan Well-Known Member

+741
    Atheist
    Married
    US-Democrat
    Newsflash: Christians have abortions (stats I've seen several years ago indicated that Catholics have abortions at the same rate as the general population), and pro-choice people have babies. Many pro-choice people have never had and will never have an abortion.

11. LoAmmi

LoAmmi Dispassionate

+8,844
    Judaism
    Married
    Deleted

Last edited: Jan 16, 2014
  12. mark46

mark46 Well-Known Member Supporter

+2,604
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Democrat
    I am not a mod here, but I didn't think that we could use facts to support our arguments. :)

Of course, Catholics are guilty of moral sins in the same percentage as those of other faith communities. This includes adultery, artificial contraception, abortion and even civil divorce.

13. mark46

mark46 Well-Known Member Supporter

+2,604
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Democrat
    I was taught this nonsense by high school sociology teacher. He taught us that we smart people, those who will make moral choices, have a moral responsibility to have as many children as we could (he had 12).

He said the alternative was for the drug addicts, thr demented, the [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse], the poor and unmarried and other morally challenged folks would have more children and eventually get more and more power in society.

We should understand the underpinning of this kind of philosophy. It is in the eugenics movement that tried to move society to make future society into what we wish by having the desirables more children and undesirables have fewer children. I'm sure popes in the past have spoken out on these ideas.

14. Tallguy88

Tallguy88 We shall see the King when he comes! Supporter

+7,643
    United States
    Catholic
    Single
    Pity. I thought it was a good post.