Here are 7 reasons for hope for the pro-life movement...

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,655,841.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Maynard Keenan

Aug 21, 2004
Louisville, KY
✟20,085.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I especially like #5. I've been saying that for years. If pro-abortion people keep having abortions, and pro-life people keep having kids, who's gonna outnumber who eventually?

Political opinions are hardly heritable.

Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
I especially like #5. I've been saying that for years. If pro-abortion people keep having abortions, and pro-life people keep having kids, who's gonna outnumber who eventually?

That's assuming some things that don't quite line up. Not everybody who's pro-choice has abortions or takes birth control themselves. I'm pro-freedom of religion but I don't hold every religious belief to be true.

Upvote 0

Genersis

Person of Disinterest
Sep 26, 2011
London
✟38,690.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour
You can analyze it to death. But the fact is, if Christians keep having kids, and those with no moral compass keep killing kids, the good guys will outnumber the bad guys.
There are no "good guys" or "bad guys" on this issue.
Nor are there more than a tiny fraction of people without a moral compass.

Black and white thinking is often wrong and counterproductive.

Upvote 0

Maynard Keenan

Aug 21, 2004
Louisville, KY
✟20,085.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
You can analyze it to death. But the fact is, if Christians keep having kids, and those with no moral compass keep killing kids, the good guys will outnumber the bad guys.

Newsflash: Christians have abortions (stats I've seen several years ago indicated that Catholics have abortions at the same rate as the general population), and pro-choice people have babies. Many pro-choice people have never had and will never have an abortion.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mark46

Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟837,898.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I am not a mod here, but I didn't think that we could use facts to support our arguments. :)

Of course, Catholics are guilty of moral sins in the same percentage as those of other faith communities. This includes adultery, artificial contraception, abortion and even civil divorce.

Newsflash: Christians have abortions (stats I've seen several years ago indicated that Catholics have abortions at the same rate as the general population), and pro-choice people have babies. Many pro-choice people have never had and will never have an abortion.

Upvote 0

mark46

Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟837,898.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I was taught this nonsense by high school sociology teacher. He taught us that we smart people, those who will make moral choices, have a moral responsibility to have as many children as we could (he had 12).

He said the alternative was for the drug addicts, thr demented, the [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse], the poor and unmarried and other morally challenged folks would have more children and eventually get more and more power in society.

We should understand the underpinning of this kind of philosophy. It is in the eugenics movement that tried to move society to make future society into what we wish by having the desirables more children and undesirables have fewer children. I'm sure popes in the past have spoken out on these ideas.

Upvote 0