Spirited Apostate
Aug 8, 2009
Home sweet home
✟18,807.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Well I have some personal beef with belief in fate but I'm not going to go into that.

Don't resign yourself to anything. As soon as you accept that you'll be alone forever you will be, so the thing to do is to live in the present. Life is chaotic and sometimes you have to go with the flow to truly live it. Sometimes people find love on their first try, sometimes it takes a while, everybody's experience with life is different. Your friends lives are nothing to judge your own on, just take the chances that come, and if you're not liking the ones you get, you have to make some of your own.

Just please, don't resign yourself to loneliness.

Upvote 0

scuba_mikey_pc_2008

Jul 28, 2008
England
✟8,627.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes I do feel helpless and lonely sometimes being single, espeically as like you, all my mates seem to have girl friends and everyone is getting married. I guess I feel more helpless in the sense that I've never really met the right Christian girl. What makes it worse is trusting God and knowing that He has my life planned out and not knowing if or whom he has planned for me to end up with. Though it's a scary prospect, I offer it all to God! :)

I will pray that you stay strong in your faith and remember that God is in control. While I agree that single life sucks sometimes, it isn't all bad and like others have said, you shouldn't have to feel that you've got to throw yourself at the first guy that comes along. Be patient, pray and let God take control. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Krystabelle

Sep 3, 2006
✟7,998.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Being 22, that's young for one thing. Another being you need to love yourself first. Have you been doing that lately? I mean, if we're never content being single, how'd we be any happier being attached?

I have desperate friends and quite honestly I find them annoying sometimes. They believe that they are only complete with a significant other. In my point of view, that's rather selfish. How could we expect to be with someone just to make ourselves happy? A relationship requires responsibility, true love cares more about the other than about ourselves.

Learn to be happy single. A significant other doesnt completes you, they compliment you. Won't you want to compliment someone with your unique God-given personality and spirituality? :)

See when God made Adam he never asked for a mate. He was happy single. It was God who suggested that Adam needs a wife. He will provide, no hurry :D

And while waiting, have you ever thought you longing for someone is very much like God longing for you? Spend some time with your first love Jesus. Remember seek first the kingdom of God and ALL THESE will be added to you.

Upvote 0