USA
✟7,664.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
I have two younger siblings who are approaching adulthood quickly.

The first has been hurt by people around them severely. They have been scarred, have suffered through mental illness, etc. They seem to be angry with God, or at least regard Him as unfair.

The second has fallen far from a good path, participating in woeful practices. I do not know their position on God.

I have resolved to purchase bibles for them both, but I am still at a loss for what to do. I plan on contacting my older sibling, because she is usually better at conversing than me.

I myself have just recently taken the first step to let Christ in. Is there any scripture that gives advice for what to do?

Greg J.

Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2016
Southeast Michigan
✟233,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Accept them as they are. Don't force your beliefs on them. Love them self-sacrificially when you can. It is God who saves, not our own efforts. I'm not saying don't witness to them, but use your judgment. The most effective witness is (or will be) your God-related experiences, not your beliefs. Pray for their salvation daily until they are saved. (Then start praying for their relationship with God to improve. :)) Pray for your own relationship with God, because we have this inborn tendency to blame God when the effects of mankind's sin come into our lives. Above all, trust God and believe in him. He is real and died so you could approach him. He loves you and them. Learn his promises in the Bible (which requires study). This will bear fruit not only for you, but for your family.

In him and through faith in him we may approach God with freedom and confidence. (Ephesians 3:12, 1984 NIV)

This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us—whatever we ask—we know that we have what we asked of him. (1 John 5:14-15, 1984 NIV)

Reactions: macaron
Upvote 0

Near

In Christ we rise
Dec 7, 2012
✟24,154.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Realize that not everyone is saved in the end. Accept that truth, and it is a sad truth. Think about them not being saved, and be able to say that you do love God more than them.
With that said, pray for them, and show love. Don't hide a lamp under a bed, but put it on a lamp stand... that means act like a christian, and stand up for the teachings of Christ, being an example to them. Once you yourself are spiritually refined, you should spread the good news. Keep reading the bible.

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Pray for them.
Pray their hearts be open and filled with Gods love. Pray for eyes and ears to hear and see the truth of the gospel. Pray they come to know Jesus as their Lord and saviour. Pray over the bibles that the word reaches their hearts.

Upvote 0

Kit Sigmon

May 18, 2016
USA
✟76,189.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I have two younger siblings who are approaching adulthood quickly.

The first has been hurt by people around them severely. They have been scarred, have suffered through mental illness, etc. They seem to be angry with God, or at least regard Him as unfair.

The second has fallen far from a good path, participating in woeful practices. I do not know their position on God.

I have resolved to purchase bibles for them both, but I am still at a loss for what to do. I plan on contacting my older sibling, because she is usually better at conversing than me.

I myself have just recently taken the first step to let Christ in. Is there any scripture that gives advice for what to do?

Macaron: It seems to me like your siblings need counseling about the abuse they suffered.
If your younger siblings aren't open to the gospel, I don't think purchasing them bibles at this time
would be received all that well, specially since you say they are angry at God, or believing he be unfair.

If you or your older sibling can sit down with them and perhaps talk to them about they problems that may help.
Your siblings need your prayers an to know you love and care about them...then gradually have a counselor meet
with them.

Where are your parents and or other family members like aunts and uncles?

Upvote 0