Helping children go to sleep

Martha Stevens

Sep 4, 2015
✟7,628.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I was just wondering if any other parents out there have seen these 2 storybooks to help their children go to sleep. We have found both books to be wonderful. It has been really great having our little ones go to sleep easily now, after months of stressful bedtimes. I am so relieved, I want to share with other parents who might be having the same problems. One is called "The Kitten Who Wants to Fall Asleep" and the other is called "The Rabbit Who Wants to Fall Asleep". The kitten one has rhymes in it that are like lullabies and also has better pictures than the rabbit one. I hope this helps other parents too! Wishing you peaceful evenings!

Reactions: bear~honey

JAM2b

Sep 20, 2014
✟93,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
I've been reading a lot about sleep in general and for kids and special needs kids in particular because neither of my sons sleep early enough or with enough hours. They both have insomnia, along with other struggles.

One of the tips is to not send them to if they are not tired because it causes stress and they associate the bed with laying awake and doing something other than sleep. Let them stay up doing low stimulation activity. Start out not sending them to bed until they are drowsy, but not dozing off yet and pay attention to what time it is. Then start sending them to bed 30 minutes earlier than that until that is their natural sleep time. Pull the bedtime back half an hour at a time until they are falling asleep at a reasonable time on their own.

Upvote 0

JAM2b

Sep 20, 2014
✟93,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
My son's counselor gave us a copy of instructions for helping kids sleep better. This is not a plan to put them to bed quickly tonight! It is a change of habits that take time to establish and work through. We have been doing it for about three weeks, but only part of the list. We are adding an extra habit or two from the list each week because doing all of it at once was going to be a sudden, drastic change.

This list was made by a doctor at Seattle Children's Hospital. It is in PDF form, and it can be down loaded here:
www.seattlechildrens.org/pdf/PE1066.pdf

Upvote 0
I've been reading a lot about sleep in general and for kids and special needs kids in particular because neither of my sons sleep early enough or with enough hours. They both have insomnia, along with other struggles.

One of the tips is to not send them to if they are not tired because it causes stress and they associate the bed with laying awake and doing something other than sleep. Let them stay up doing low stimulation activity. Start out not sending them to bed until they are drowsy, but not dozing off yet and pay attention to what time it is. Then start sending them to bed 30 minutes earlier than that until that is their natural sleep time. Pull the bedtime back half an hour at a time until they are falling asleep at a reasonable time on their own.
[emoji37] [emoji29]

通过我的 vivo S7i(t) 上的 Tapatalk发言

Upvote 0