US
✟90,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
In Relationship
My fiance is a Christian but he doesn't live it at all. He listens to gangster rap about killing. He has cheated on me and slept with a girl in our bed 8 months ago. He says he loves me we been together 5 years have a baby together, but he texts female friends late at night. Doesn't mention his son or his engagement to me to them. He also watches inappropriate content like crazy. He thinks it's not a big deal when I tell him the texting upsets me. I have no where else to go I don't want to coparent. I am not happy without him I love him, but he seriously hurts my feelings and I feel lost. What can I do?

• Prayers
Reactions: “Paisios”

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,600.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
My fiance is a Christian but he doesn't live it at all. He listens to gangster rap about killing. He has cheated on me and slept with a girl in our bed 8 months ago. He says he loves me we been together 5 years have a baby together, but he texts female friends late at night. Doesn't mention his son or his engagement to me to them. He also watches inappropriate content like crazy. He thinks it's not a big deal when I tell him the texting upsets me. I have no where else to go I don't want to coparent. I am not happy without him I love him, but he seriously hurts my feelings and I feel lost. What can I do?[/QUOTE

If he can treat you like that with no conscience, I can't see how he is a real Christian. He does not love you. I can understand that you want to stay with him. Have you set a date for the wedding? Is he that committed? That's a start. But he needs to be told that his behaviour is unacceptable for anyone, let alone one who claims to be a Christian. Does he have any respect for anyone? Will he listen?

If you stay with him, you will need to do a lot of forgiving. Unforgiveness is the great destroyer of relationships. I suggest that you read this article:

Can you forgive from your heart? - Christian Life Frankston

• Agree
Reactions: JustRachel
Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Let Your Light Shine.. Matt 5:16
Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟895,522.00
Faith
Christian
Cancel the engagement, the man you think you "love" isn't this guy but either the guy he was, he pretended to be to win you over or some idea of a guy that you associated with him out of desperation perhaps.
I've learned over the years that our sinful nature is very difficult to change without a lot of long term effort and God's help and we tend to drift towards sin instead of away from it if not fighting it tooth and nail.

Upvote 0

Elliewaves

Untouchable internet saint
Dec 18, 2011
✟99,937.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Engaged
People here told you before not to have a baby with him but you argued that he was a christian and would make a great dad. Now you have an iinnocent baby in the middle of a hard situation . You need to pray for him and have a serious heart to heart with this guy. If he's always making promises to change but never does; then you need to separate from him. Don't love a man that acts like he doesn't want you or treats you like a place mark until he finds something better. I don't know if you have a daughter or a son, but you don't want a girl to think this is the way men should treat her and you don't want a boy thinking this is the way to treat women.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

reaThua9

Jun 25, 2019
Clonakilty
✟9,309.00
Country
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm so sorry, I know this must be really hurting you. It's clear he's dealing with some serious sin issues. I think you should seriously consider cutting off the relationship, but first I'd suggest some intensive couple's counseling. That way, if you do leave, you'll know you gave him every possible chance as the father of your child. God bless

Reactions: Angeleyes7715
Upvote 0