• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Kostilaks

Aug 24, 2018
Macedonia
✟72,424.00
Country
Greece
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
ocd got me down. it makes me pray to the Generic God who is different than Christian God. i cant stop praying to the Generic God in my mine. i repeat words and prayers. and if i get anxious about something, i do it again. my ocd always ends up telling me "you did not pray right etc" and despite that I have some other ocd fears, i cant do it. i cant be happy. i used to pray to Christian God a year ago a lot. but... i ended up praying to the Generic God due to ocd. i just cant stop the compulsions. i am thinking about my life to pass the years fast and rest in peace. i am nit thinking about suicide. if tou have something to cheer me up its ok.

Caleb23

Apr 15, 2019
Toney
✟15,963.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't got all the answers but God does

Plea the BLOOD OF JESUS over your life

Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.

Upvote 0

Mari17

Jun 17, 2017
Newport
✟143,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
ocd got me down. it makes me pray to the Generic God who is different than Christian God. i cant stop praying to the Generic God in my mine. i repeat words and prayers. and if i get anxious about something, i do it again. my ocd always ends up telling me "you did not pray right etc" and despite that I have some other ocd fears, i cant do it. i cant be happy. i used to pray to Christian God a year ago a lot. but... i ended up praying to the Generic God due to ocd. i just cant stop the compulsions. i am thinking about my life to pass the years fast and rest in peace. i am nit thinking about suicide. if tou have something to cheer me up its ok.
Please believe me when I say that your anguish is caused by OCD, and IT CAN GET BETTER. It takes work, but it is possible. Do you have a therapist who knows how to treat OCD?

Upvote 0