Jun 12, 2005
Monterey, CA
✟10,262.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
US-Republican
Got some flowers coming already but want another gift to give my wife. Not very creative so help me out.

No balloons - been overdone already

No stuffed animals - they create clutter
No food or candy - she just had gastric bypass surgery and can't eat much.

Looking to spend no more than about 50 bucks.

Keep the ideas coming. Thanks

Robinsegg

SuperMod L's
Supporter
Mar 1, 2006
Near the Mississippi
✟63,126.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You haven't told us what your wife likes or is allergic to, but here are some ideas:

Candles
a favorite book
bubble bath
gift certificate for manicure/pedicure/massage
a night at the movies
favorite movies at home
do you have kids? Give her a gift certificate for her and a friend to do something while you watch the kids!
tickets to the local high school or college theater production

Rachel

Upvote 0
Jan 26, 2009
Florida
✟7,669.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Maybe you can get a nice lil photo album and find some pictures of times in your life that you treasure with her . Shouldnt cost much at all and would be a nice way to tell her you treasure your life with her . Maybe you can put little comments under each picture of how you felt at the time . Of course the bath and other ideas are nice as well . I am sure she will enjoy anything you give her out of love for her . Good Luck , and enjoy your day .

God Bless
Miccy

Upvote 0

GodrockDJ

The one and only
Sep 12, 2006
PA
Visit site
✟17,406.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Do you have a local pottery store nearby? Many have pre-made items that you get to glaze (paint) yourself, they fire it for you, and then you have a creative unique gift. Ask about their timeframe for firing though - it might be cutting it too close.

Also for you (and anyone else who is intersted!), here is a list I compiled of 101 creative gift basket ideas - pick a hobby that she likes and put it together! It can work with any budget! http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=ajk26ngfbs6j_2gx5tsj&hl=en

Upvote 0

Dogbean

Matt 7:24-27 - Standing on the Rock
Jun 12, 2005
Monterey, CA
✟10,262.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
US-Republican
Good ideas. But i'm not doing bath/spa sets because we have myriads of lotions/bath stuff here....like the pottery store idea....might not have enough time though...i'll look into that. keep the ideas coming....this is great!

Upvote 0

RedTulipMom

Legend
Apr 18, 2004
illinois
✟137,834.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I ended up getting a digital picture frame that she showed me she liked at Circuit City. It has four windows, three of which take regular pictures and the 4th is a digital picture frame. It's pretty cool.
very cool..i am sure she will love it! :cool:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RedTulipMom

Legend
Apr 18, 2004
illinois
✟137,834.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Do you have a local pottery store nearby? Many have pre-made items that you get to glaze (paint) yourself, they fire it for you, and then you have a creative unique gift. Ask about their timeframe for firing though - it might be cutting it too close.

Also for you (and anyone else who is intersted!), here is a list I compiled of 101 creative gift basket ideas - pick a hobby that she likes and put it together! It can work with any budget! http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=ajk26ngfbs6j_2gx5tsj&hl=en
Wow! there are some great ideas here! thanks for sharing this list!:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

hisbloodformysins

He's my best friend
Nov 3, 2003
✟5,464.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Got some flowers coming already but want another gift to give my wife. Not very creative so help me out.

No balloons - been overdone already
No stuffed animals - they create clutter
No food or candy - she just had gastric bypass surgery and can't eat much.

Looking to spend no more than about 50 bucks.

Keep the ideas coming. Thanks

I was thinking recently that valentines gets made too much into a money thing... there are so many other ways to show our love without spending money, it's not about money, though money can help..

Like writing a love letter, gather some pictures of her and you and learn how to make a scrap book of some kind out of it...

Some of these things may sound cheesy guys but it's about showing your wife that you are sappy for her and in love... that you adore and appreciate her and vise versa...

I found a site online a few years ago in which you can have a personalized book made with your names in it and a few minor details... I had one made.. it wasn't my husband's thing though...

If you haven't already been paying attention to what she likes/ wants/needs then start so that you can surprise her with it.

So what did you end up doing? Just curious.

HB

Upvote 0

Ryanswife

Opinionated One
Jul 7, 2008
✟8,160.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
My Valentine's Day was amazing!! We went to dinner at my favorite restaurant and then he surprised me with a 2 story suite at a very nice hotel. When we went inside he had red rose petals leading from the door up the stairs and to the bed that was covered in rose petals and he had chocolate covered strawberries, whipped cream, a coupon for a full body massage, champaigne, wine and a poem that he had written just for me about our life and the things that we have been through. It was very personal and so sweet! I will not go into detail about the rest of the evening, but it was AMAZING!!! ♥

Upvote 0

Candida

Apr 2, 2008
✟15,148.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ryanswife: That really sounds wonderfull! :)

I had a good valentines day too. My husband had hidden my favourite candies all over our apartment, in my pockets aso, so I kept finding them throughout the day (I actually found some today too). We went ice-skating on the nearby lake, the weather was good and it was the first time we were ice-skating together. When we had come home and got something to eat he gave me a massage and and a foot bath. And he had made nice new pictures for the photoframe magnets on our fridge door :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums