Feb 3, 2005
✟15,290.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
So, it goes like this. I have a friend and he's a cool guy and all. He's a good christian and we like to hang out and stuff and he's a good friend of mine and we go to school and church together and all that jazz, but he has a problem and I don't know what to tell him. In short, he feels an atraction towards other guys, at first this freaked me out because I didn't want to be on his 'people he like-likes' list but he assured me he wasn't attracted to me. But I asked him if he knows that's wrong and he knows and he doesn't like the idea of his attraction but he still feels attracted to guys. He like wants a boyfriend and I don't know how to make him stop liking guys. What can I do. I pray about it and the general but he said nothing I can do will help him cause that's just the way he feels and he's tried ignoring it and nothing changed before. I'm afriad he's simply starting to accept it and being comfortable with it. Heh, so what do I do? That's not normal and I don't think it's natural, I currently think things like that is a choice but idk, I don't know the whole world and the bible doesn't mention it being a choice or not, some times I wished it went into detail. Help!

chilibowl

Mar 9, 2005
at home
✟352.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Republican
It sounds like he's aready made up his mind. Don't shun him for it but at the same time you shouldn't encourage him or support this behaivor either. just be there if he's ever ready to come out of this with support and some resources.. goto Family.org and type "Gay or homosexual" in the search bar and there alot of great christian resources... Don't bombard him now wait till he's ready for help. It would be good to familarize your self with this material just in case..

Upvote 0

wayfaring man

Veteran
Jan 25, 2004
✟20,565.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Greetings KindGuardian , and all ,

Have you ever noticed that when someone starts off with a flattering tone , that there's a " but " coming which basically negates much of the prior praiseful claims ?

That is because compensation runs before drawback .

I would be frank but respectful with this " guy " , and strongly urge him to seek The Lord for deliverance from this ungodly lust before it leads him into an abyss of spiritual ruin and regret .

Whether someone has chosen such attraction or was born with it - either way ... We must be born again . And no one who is " born of water and of The Spirit " is going to have ungodly lust dictating their perspectives .

Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.
<-----> John 3:5-7

For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.
Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.
For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.
For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.
<-----> Romans 8:5-15

May The Lord Be Pleased To Bless And Refresh Us By His Spirit . Amen .

Sincerely ,

wm

Upvote 0

KindGuardian

Feb 3, 2005
✟15,290.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Thanks for the replies. I talked to my friend and told him that I don't like him any less for being gay but I don't like the idea of being gay. He told me that he doesn't like it either. He sounded sincere to me and I have no doubt he's a christian. He told me he's already gone to sites like exoudousinternational.com and some other stuff I don't remember. Sounds like he's serious about not liking it, so why does he keep having same sex attractions. Right now, I think it's the same way I have an attraction for girls. I don't think I can turn it off and I guess neither can he. Man, this is one God has to fix cause I'm not sure what to do still. The only thing I can think of is prayer.

Upvote 0

chilibowl

Mar 9, 2005
at home
✟352.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Republican
The reasons can be many, but from what little I know. alot of the times "We" tend to find a security or some sort of missing element in our social develpoment, often time we turn to promiscuity, or even homosexuality to fill this void or to quinch a craving.. if what your going through is related to more of a defining your sexual Identidy or role. then you may grow out of your "Attractions" to the same sex.. but if your lacking or needing fem-maternal comforting then you may have to work this out in some sort of consouling.. what ever you do get an accountablity partner someone older and wiser peferably someone from church you know well and can trust and a good Christian consoulor to help you pin down what you need or what exactly makes the same sex so attractive to you... I suggest this for your friend as well.. I think this "perscription" should be followed even if you feel now or at times that this could be a passing thing. There is nothing wrong with going to the "body of belivers" even in matters like this. This is actually why we are here.

Good luck and remember to pray!

Upvote 0

SorensScapegoat

May 11, 2005
✟370.00
Faith
Anglican
Politics
US-Democrat
I don't know if being attracted to members of the same sex is really a choice. In fact, I'm not sure being attracted to anyone is all that intentional. I mean how many times have we been set up with someone who's bright, funny, good looking and whatever and it just doesn't click?

And I don't know about you, but given society's general feeling toward those attracted to members of their own sex, do you think any rational person would choose to expose themselves to that kind of hostility?

Upvote 0