Help wanted! I don't care WHAT denomination you are!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Defender of the Faith 777

Apr 13, 2002
Visit site
✟2,076.00
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
You just have to be Trinitarian.

I recently jumped onto some forums and started a debate.

I am debating Evangelion on the Trinity.

Problem: I copy and pasted his writing onto Microsoft Word, and it took up 127 pages! 

Another problem: I have a life (hey stop laughing, seriously) and a spring break. 

I cannot refute all of that.  I don't even think it's in my power to refute that much anti-Trinitarian info.  Does someone know a lot about theology proper?  I this is not for amateurs.  I mean SERIOUSLY would anyone be able to help?  If you know Greek, that's worth a lot.

Wages: All my blessings, and emerging from the debate never to be defeated in a debate against the Trinity ever again!  I really mean that too.  If you can defeat Evangelion, who is writing a book, I cannot imagine you ever having to lose a debate on the Trinity hereafter. 

This is for people who want an intellectual theological discussion, but cannot find one that's just right for them.  I don't care if you're Catholic or go to Thomas the apostle's Episcapaobidniovdn Church, I just need someone who can help me take down this monster of a rebuttal.  TTYL Jesus loves you! 

All4Christ

✙ The Handmaid of God Laura ✙
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Mar 11, 2003
PA
Visit site
✟1,021,360.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Can't help you on my own, but a great book for refuting anti-trinitarianism is Understanding the Trinity by Allistar McGrath. Easy to understand, yet full of information. Don't get too caught up in this though; remember that some things in the Bible never truly can be rationalized. :) It's all part of faith. ;-)

Upvote 0

Reformationist

Non nobis domine sed tuo nomine da gloriam
Mar 7, 2002
✟37,095.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yesterday at 11:35 PM Defender of the Faith 777 said this in Post #1

If you can defeat Evangelion, who is writing a book, I cannot imagine you ever having to lose a debate on the Trinity hereafter. 

You cannot "defeat" someone who has 127 pages worth of info on what they believe, nor should "defeating" them be your goal.  Your goal should be to respond to them in a godly way.  Just for the record, often the "godly way" is to just not get involved.  How much do you believe you'll be able to accomplish in an internet environment?  You can, however, pray for them.  I know that you're a person that likes debate but let me forewarn you, if you get involved in this you're going to be arguing against more than 127 pages worth of information.  Your going to be arguing against, probably, years of believing a certain way.  Ask yourself if you were ever able to even get the other person to see your point of view when they have years of believing a certain way.

Whatever you decide, good luck and God bless,

Don

Upvote 0
Hopefully the 127 pages is scriptural based...... a couple of scriptures warn about adding to His word......

Proverbs 30
"Every word of God is flawless;
he is a shield to those who take refuge in him.
Do not add to his words,
or he will rebuke you and prove you a liar.

Revelation 22:18-19
I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds anything to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this book. And if anyone takes words away from this book of prophecy, God will take away from him his share in the tree of life and in the holy city, which are described in this book.

Upvote 0

Defender of the Faith 777

Apr 13, 2002
Visit site
✟2,076.00
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
LOL!

It's done!

Grace of God. I got sick last night, condensed it, and it was only 56 pages. Most of it was quoting Scripture, so it was not nearly as bad as I thought. But wilikers! It was hard.

I'm going to finish writing my Trinity chapter and throw it back around. Together my rebuttal will be about 30 pages.

And THANK YOU so much for the links. Just by glancing through Augustine's writing, I know it will help me a bundle. I'll have more reading to do through the links. TTYL Jesus loves you!

And Ref, I thought about what you said, and just to be safe started to estimate how long it would take. Before I knew it, it was finished. :sorry:

Blessings for all! Maybe I'll post it on the writing section when I'm done.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

hotknikkels

™Barbarian Christian™
Feb 11, 2003
Goiânia, Goiás, Brasil
Visit site
✟1,061.00
Faith
Christian
My question is: what does the bible say?

Luke 10
20   However, do not rejoice that the spirits submit to you, but rejoice that your names are written in heaven."
21   At that time Jesus, full of joy through the Holy Spirit, said, "I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children. Yes, Father, for this was your good pleasure.
22   "All things have been committed to me by my Father. No one knows who the Son is except the Father, and no one knows who the Father is except the Son and those to whom the Son chooses to reveal him."

And look at Peter's opening comments in his first letter:

1 Peter 1

1   Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ,
To God's elect, strangers in the world, scattered throughout Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia and Bithynia, 2   who have been chosen according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through the sanctifying work of the Spirit, for obedience to Jesus Christ and sprinkling by his blood:
Grace and peace be yours in abundance.

That is really what the bible says!!! If people add to that, God help them. If people subtract to that, God help them. If people trust in that, God bless them!!!

Can we ever truly understand that God is one and He is three??? Can our small human minds fully comprehend the amazing glory of God??? What do you guys think???

I think that God is more concerned about what we are doing for him, not arguing about him! Too many Christians argue around a desk about trivial things while God is banging his head against his desk and asking why we don't get it. Jesus never said to argue about who he is, and what rules we should obey, but Jesus told us to spread the good news about him, my prayer is that more and more Christians would realise that!!!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.