✟15,433.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Jehovahs Witness
Marital Status
Single
Hi guys,

So i'm actually a christian (Jehovah's witnesses) but you don't recognise them as one.
I'm 19 and having been having same sex thoughts a lot recently mainly from watching inappropriate content. I know in my heart what's right, I know such desires are not in allign with Gods purpose.

I have had many people try to help me with this problem, however I decided to meet up with this guy who's a year younger than me and ended up trying things with him (oral sex), I wasn't even aroused by it, my main feeling was of disgust. I know now that there is no way I would want to be gay as it is revolting to me.

I can't help but feel how stupid and worthless I am for abandoning God for nothing. It wasn't even pleasurable. I know how dissapointed God must be.

Is there any way back?

Any thoughts appreciated.

tstor

Apr 28, 2017
Maryland
✟45,260.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Celibate
Hi guys,

So i'm actually a christian (Jehovah's witnesses) but you don't recognise them as one.
I'm 19 and having been having same sex thoughts a lot recently mainly from watching inappropriate content. I know in my heart what's right, I know such desires are not in allign with Gods purpose.

I have had many people try to help me with this problem, however I decided to meet up with this guy who's a year younger than me and ended up trying things with him (oral sex), I wasn't even aroused by it, my main feeling was of disgust. I know now that there is no way I would want to be gay as it is revolting to me.

I can't help but feel how stupid and worthless I am for abandoning God for nothing. It wasn't even pleasurable. I know how dissapointed God must be.

Is there any way back?

I would start by pointing you toward the elder of your congregation. I believe it would be beneficial for you to hear out his advice.

My own advice to you would be to repent, which it appears you already have. While it can be a dark and vile thing to realize how much oneself is a wretch and how much oneself has disappointed God, rejoice in that you recognize your sin! Many people sin all the time and never realize it or feel numb toward it. That is when there is a problem. Be glad that you have recognized your sin and remember King Shaʹphan:

As soon as the king heard the words of the book of the Law, he ripped his garments apart. Then the king gave this order to Hilkiʹah the priest, Ahiʹkam the son of Shaʹphan, Achʹbor the son of Micaiʹah, Shaʹphan the secretary, and Asaiʹah the king’s servant: "Go, inquire of Jehovah in my behalf, in behalf of the people, and in behalf of all Judah concerning the words of this book that has been found; for Jehovah's rage that has been set ablaze against us is great, because our forefathers did not obey the words of this book by observing all that is written concerning us." (2 Kings 22:11-13; NWT)​

Upvote 0

thehehe

Oct 19, 2015
France
✟127,953.00
Country
France
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
If you think you need help, the best would be to find attentive people around you. The main problem, apart from the religious side of the question, is this feeling of disgust. Your acts seem to disgust you from yourself. You failed once, now it is time to concentrate on what will happen rather of what happened. As it is not the place to judge it, we won't debate if Jehovah witnesses are Christians here, so don't worry about it. All I can tell you is that God forgives and loves no matter what. Think about it, it could help you to overcome your feeling of disgust toward yourself. Even if you feel ashame because you cannot control yourself and your body, you should not have to blush for it. You will learn how to control your pulses, and if you need a support for it, there is no shame in it. Your body does not totally rule you, you will find how to balance your mind, your will and your pulses, trust me.

• Agree
Reactions: Ada Lovelace
Upvote 0

StarOfEden

May 14, 2017
Manchester
✟15,433.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Jehovahs Witness
Marital Status
Single
If you think you need help, the best would be to find attentive people around you. The main problem, apart from the religious side of the question, is this feeling of disgust. Your acts seem to disgust you from yourself. You failed once, now it is time to concentrate on what will happen rather of what happened. As it is not the place to judge it, we won't debate if Jehovah witnesses are Christians here, so don't worry about it. All I can tell you is that God forgives and loves no matter what. Think about it, it could help you to overcome your feeling of disgust toward yourself. Even if you feel ashame because you cannot control yourself and your body, you should not have to blush for it. You will learn how to control your pulses, and if you need a support for it, there is no shame in it. Your body does not totally rule you, you will find how to balance your mind, your will and your pulses, trust me.

Thank you for your help, I know that I need to remind myself that God forgives, my favourite is psalms 103:9-14.

Upvote 0

TaigaGirl

May 28, 2017
Warman, Saskatchewan
Visit site
✟16,840.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Hi guys,

Is there any way back?

Brother in faith, you are loved by God, no matter what you do, you can't be separated from his overflowing love for you. Yes, there is things in this world that are icky and we don't do them not because God might hate us for doing it, we don't do it because it harms us. God doesn't look at us with repulsion in his eyes, his eyes of filled with delight and joy of you, his dear and beloved son.
No matter what you do, he will always embrace you with great love and compassion.

Upvote 0

Hawk Flint

דבון בן־אלהים
Aug 16, 2016
U. S.
✟11,299.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hi guys,

Is there any way back?

Hi brother :)

I myself have seen and delighted in some pretty disgusting things. But I tell you this: if you go and confess your sin to God and forsake it, He will forgive you. He will. But you want the guilt gone too? Then go and pray to God like I did. Tears flowed as I asked Him for help with guilt (and even now, after I'm done typing to you, I will have to ask for help because I still feel guilty about a sin). I will go to Him weary of my burden of guilt, and He will come and remove it. Pray, brother. This is what you need to do. And if you feel tempted to sin, pray deep. Focus on God during prayer. Focus on Him and treat Him as if He's a real being who's really listening to you (for He is). Hope this helps :)

God bless you and guide, keep, protect, and help you with all you do, and may He free you from all sin. Amen

Upvote 0

toberebornn

Jul 27, 2017
USA
✟14,385.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi! I'm not sure if you're still watching this thread, but I have some advice for you:

-always make sure you're busy. An idle mind leads to bad things.
-when in temptation, take a cold shower. I believe St. Benedict would throw himself into icy ponds whenever he would face temptation!
-join a NoF*p community. inappropriate contentography and masturbation are ruining everyones minds, not just religious people. The original community was started by an atheist.
-Visit sites such as FightTheNewDrug and Leaveinappropriate content.com. Read Matt Fradd's books, such as the inappropriate content Myth. At the Steubenville youth conferences we had huge talks about these sites and intervention.

Pax Christi!

Upvote 0