Help! SAHM homeschooling, & working from home?

donica87

Dec 3, 2021
Republic
✟8,304.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hey all— I need your help.
As a stay at home homeschooling mom my family is at a place in life where we need to make more money.

So I thought about starting a business but it’s freaking me out because I’ve never done one before and the pressure to bring in an extra income is real in my family.

Am I the only one who feels this way?

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
As a stay at home homeschooling mom my family is at a place in life where we need to make more money.

So I thought about starting a business but it’s freaking me out because I’ve never done one before and the pressure to bring in an extra income is real in my family.

It seems very normal to be concerned about the future, I would suggest you have someone with business experience check your plans and help you avoid some mistakes. Talk to people who are in the same business that you intend to start.

• Useful
Reactions: royal priest
Upvote 0

Mayflower1

Hello my Name is "Child of the One True King"
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2005
Heaven of course!
✟117,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Hi Donica, Welcome to CF. I'll pray for you and your family concerning you financial situation. Father, thank You for Your provision and give Donica wisdom in starting a business. Calm Donica's fear if that is what needs to happen. In Jesus Name, Amen.

Upvote 0

PloverWing

Episcopalian
May 5, 2012
New Jersey
✟335,133.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Welcome to CF! :wave:

If all the overhead of starting your own business is too much right now, would you consider working part-time for someone else's business?

What kind of work do you like to do, or what kind of business would you start? I can imagine something like part-time secretarial work, or accounting, or web site design. Or, if you're more artistic, teaching piano lessons in your home, or crafting objects that you sell on Etsy. What kind of work would be a good fit for you?

Upvote 0

donica87

Dec 3, 2021
Republic
✟8,304.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thanks for the responses and prayers. i don’t need help-help. Like I know what I want to do and I’m going to go for it…

I was just wondering if anyone else is going through this type of thing and wanted to hear from those people.

• Friendly
Reactions: tturt
Upvote 0

Brenda Blakely

Apr 26, 2019
Portland
✟21,840.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Dear Donica87,

I understand where you are coming from and am praying for you. But I will also share how God worked this out for me. I too was a SAHM , who was homeschooling, and we had financial pressures.

I prayed and asked God to help me to see what I could do. Actually both my husband and I prayed. First of all God led me to go back to school, online at Liberty University School of Lifelong Learning and then He showed me work that I could do to help our finances. The education led to other opportunities.

I really like having my own business but for right then God showed me other ways. Later those opportunities worked into owning my own business. I learned that earlier on I really didn’t have the capital to successfully launch my own business. I also learned that often starting your own business doesn’t yield income immediately and that is what I needed.

God knows your needs and He may even show you ways to save so that your money goes further. He may also give you opportunities to help other homeschooling parents. That turned out to provide extra money for us.

Take care, hang in there. Enjoy the blessings of SAHM and homeschooling. God has a plan. God bless you and your precious family.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums