helpmyheart

Nov 29, 2016
Los Angeles
✟15,248.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Not sure where this all began but my son is now 12 years old. Since I can remember he had a thing for skin as a toddler, then he loved touching female legs. The skin touching stopped or paused for a few years up until he was 9. He has felt so much guilt in his heart that he shares what he's done. He shared with me that he had touched his friends foot (girl) and as well as his aunts foot. I spoke to him about only looking but not touching. I have been trying my best not to yell or get upset at him but things have escalated so much, and I want to say it's because I didn't do anything about it. A few weeks ago I found out he was looking at feet searches on the internet which led to inappropriate contentographic material and videos. During our sit down he told me he had been touching his brothers feet, which included tickling and sucking on them as well. We spoke about prayer and about staying positive, we had a very long talk about consequences and tried to nurture him with love but he can't stop. He continues to go on the internet at school and at home. I DON'T KNOW HOW TO HELP MY SON! I want him to look at feet but never touch until he's older and in a relationship. Please tell me what I'm missing. I'm afraid my son maybe turning in to a pedophile, I don't want him to get in trouble at school. What can I do to help him, he suffers from anxiety so he feels guilty and cries a lot for not being able to control this foot fetish. Please I ask you all to keep him in your prayers and to give me some advise, I need it. Thank you

Poppyseed78

Site Supporter
Sep 13, 2016
US
✟275,982.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
First, I'm sorry your son, and you, are going through this. It sounds like he's experiencing a lot of guilt. Have you considered a Christian counselor? I think that would be important and helpful for learning to control the desires. Also, I do think it might be slightly alarmist/overreactionary to worry that he's becoming a pedophile. I would definitely not go that far at this point. Do you have parental controls on the computer at home? How is he viewing inappropriate contentographic material at school (usually those computers have such things well-blocked)?.

Prayers that this issue is resolved.

Upvote 0

Long Island Pilgrim

Site Supporter
Jan 30, 2016
NY
✟67,631.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not sure where this all began but my son is now 12 years old. Since I can remember he had a thing for skin as a toddler, then he loved touching female legs. The skin touching stopped or paused for a few years up until he was 9. He has felt so much guilt in his heart that he shares what he's done. He shared with me that he had touched his friends foot (girl) and as well as his aunts foot. I spoke to him about only looking but not touching. I have been trying my best not to yell or get upset at him but things have escalated so much, and I want to say it's because I didn't do anything about it. A few weeks ago I found out he was looking at feet searches on the internet which led to inappropriate contentographic material and videos. During our sit down he told me he had been touching his brothers feet, which included tickling and sucking on them as well. We spoke about prayer and about staying positive, we had a very long talk about consequences and tried to nurture him with love but he can't stop. He continues to go on the internet at school and at home. I DON'T KNOW HOW TO HELP MY SON! I want him to look at feet but never touch until he's older and in a relationship. Please tell me what I'm missing. I'm afraid my son maybe turning in to a pedophile, I don't want him to get in trouble at school. What can I do to help him, he suffers from anxiety so he feels guilty and cries a lot for not being able to control this foot fetish. Please I ask you all to keep him in your prayers and to give me some advise, I need it. Thank you

Hi there helpMyheart,

I can understand your concern over this and you are absolutely right to be concerned. Fetishes are almost always related to unclean spirits . He has to be delivered of it. But don't worry. Not all deliverance ministries are dramatic and theatrical. It's usually a very simple and straightforward process. If you are a born Again Christian than you can bring him to a local healing room or church that has deliverance ministry.

I know it sounds like a big deal and it is a big deal when you don't know how to deal with it. But it can be resolved very quickly and easily with the right ministry. http://healingrooms.com/ There are also other independant deliverance ministries all over the world as part of local churches so just do a search on your local area and see what comes up. There is also an online community called www.beinhealth.com which has a global healing and deliverance ministry and they will definately be able to direct you to resouces. They even have an online forum called "overcomers community" to ask questions.

Don't worry . It's not a dramatic process. Theatrics related to deliverance ministries only happens when people are not well informed as to how to handle these things. It's a very simple procedure. Basically your son will be required to ask forgivenss from God for this sin in Jesus name and then a deliverance pastor will just demand the thing come out of him in a firm voice. And then it will be over. And it really does work.

Your case is very straight forward based on what you describe so you really should be able to deal with this quite easily. But you are wise to be concerned.

God Bless

Upvote 0

ValleyGal

Dec 19, 2012
✟114,245.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Divorced
The people whose feet he has touched - a girl he knows, an aunt, and his brother. What specifically makes you think he is turning into a pedophile?

Imo, this could be a simple, innocent fetish that is developing (most kids "play doctor" or otherwise experiment growing up), or it could be a mental health issue emerging, such as obsession/compulsion. If he obsesses over things like this, then performs a compulsion, it may go a step further because of the guilt associated with it, which may then lead to purification compulsions. You might want to take him to a psychologist or psychiatrist who is able to do assessments and make diagnosis or at least make recommendations.

Reactions: Paidiske
Upvote 0

helpmyheart

Nov 29, 2016
Los Angeles
✟15,248.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
First, I'm sorry your son, and you, are going through this. It sounds like he's experiencing a lot of guilt. Have you considered a Christian counselor? I think that would be important and helpful for learning to control the desires. Also, I do think it might be slightly alarmist/overreactionary to worry that he's becoming a pedophile. I would definitely not go that far at this point. Do you have parental controls on the computer at home? How is he viewing inappropriate contentographic material at school (usually those computers have such things well-blocked)?.

Prayers that this issue is resolved.
Thank you I will look into a counselor at church. As or the pedophile comment, I'm sorry I just don't know what to do anymore. I feel like if I don't get him the help he needs he will end up that way. As I type this response I realize I have to stay more positive myself. I just don't know where to go for help. Both my husband and I are worried for our son.

Upvote 0

Kit Sigmon

May 18, 2016
USA
✟76,189.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
None of this surprises or shocks me...there's so much "inappropriate content" and over exposure of skin around these days, the internet makes it way too easy to find it.
Problem being when a child is exposed to all this in those tender years...it does a lot of damage. Something that sexually stimulates a child, who don't know what to do or how to control it...yep, the young boy is going to need counseling... I also suggest getting Covenant Eyes inappropriate content blocker for the computer at home and putting the computer where it can be monitored easily by you the parents.

Upvote 0

seashale76

Unapologetic Iconodule
Dec 29, 2004
✟173,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Married
As the parent you absolutely control whether or not your son even has Internet access in the first place via phones or computers. Schools block such sites- and I happen to know that students aren't allowed on the Internet without parents signing their consent in the majority of school districts (was a public school teacher and had to collect said consent forms every year). If your son is able to look at inappropriate content on the Internet, then you shoulder a considerable amount of fault for that occurring. There are no excuses and parents can't blame shift when it comes to Internet access and their children.

Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟797,599.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Agree that you should be concerned. Praying, too.

However, encourage you to talk with him before deliverance and explain that he'll need to rely on Yahweh more. (Wouldn't go into Matt 12:43-45 with him). Can he memorize Scriptures? Perhaps reading a devotional for children? Or does he like music - selecting a religious song for him to learn the lyrics? Or if he likes to write? He could put Scriptures in his own words in a notebook. Or a review of Yahweh's many titles, attributes, and names? Locate a list that has Scripture listed so they can be checked out.

If you did one a day, you guys would have over a year's worth of topics.

Whether deliverance or not, helping him see more praise & thanksgiving opportunities such as Psa 118:24 He creates every day and every breath is from Him (Isa 42:5) and worshiping Yahweh.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
When i saw 'fetish' I was going to say Command the evil spirit to come out of him in Jesus name.

But the I thought of Jesus foot washing Peter and it could just be hes doing that. If he likes skin and touch he could give you a foot rub or massage and that would be a good thing. If you have one of those foot spas it could be an activity that is like his humble servant footwashing time.

Just block the internet, if hes got an activity thats better than going online hes goingto do that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,249.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Different people are into different things, what's more disturbing is what he did with other people, particularly his own brother. Regardless of what anyone likes - whether it's boobs, butts, legs, or feet - he needs to treat people with enough respect to not touch them like that. If he is getting actual inappropriate contentography at school, find out where he has been going and let the school know so that they can lock down their Internet and implement proper monitoring of students. If he is getting it at home, keep a better eye on him, find out how, when and where he has been getting it, and use that information to keep him away from it. If you want to stop inappropriate contentography, the antidote is supervision.

Upvote 0

Louis2017

Mar 26, 2017
Los Angeles
✟7,677.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi there helpMyheart,

I can understand your concern over this and you are absolutely right to be concerned. Fetishes are almost always related to unclean spirits . He has to be delivered of it. But don't worry. Not all deliverance ministries are dramatic and theatrical. It's usually a very simple and straightforward process. If you are a born Again Christian than you can bring him to a local healing room or church that has deliverance ministry.

I know it sounds like a big deal and it is a big deal when you don't know how to deal with it. But it can be resolved very quickly and easily with the right ministry. Healing Rooms - International Association of Healing Rooms There are also other independant deliverance ministries all over the world as part of local churches so just do a search on your local area and see what comes up. There is also an online community called www.beinhealth.com which has a global healing and deliverance ministry and they will definately be able to direct you to resouces. They even have an online forum called "overcomers community" to ask questions.

Don't worry . It's not a dramatic process. Theatrics related to deliverance ministries only happens when people are not well informed as to how to handle these things. It's a very simple procedure. Basically your son will be required to ask forgivenss from God for this sin in Jesus name and then a deliverance pastor will just demand the thing come out of him in a firm voice. And then it will be over. And it really does work.

Your case is very straight forward based on what you describe so you really should be able to deal with this quite easily. But you are wise to be concerned.

God Bless

Upvote 0

Louis2017

Mar 26, 2017
Los Angeles
✟7,677.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello there!

I can relate to this situation personally and the only thing I've experienced that helps is Discipleship with the Word of God, prayer and accountability partners. Let me share a Scripture with you:

Song of Songs 7:1
"How beautiful your sandaled feet,
O prince’s daughter!
Your graceful legs are like jewels,
the work of a craftsman’s hands..."

He won't be the first person to notice feet, and he won't be the last. But if he doesn't get the proper discipling, he will continue to spiral out of control. Please give me a call. I'd love to help him overcome.

Pastor Louis

Upvote 0

Jason P brink

Jan 12, 2019
Honesdale
✟15,201.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I know this post was made over 3 yrs ago but I wanted to say something

1 if you keep disciplining him for something he is sexually attracted to its likely that he is just going to start keeping more and more secrets from you and not telling you what he does in his spare time

2 I'm sorry to say that its to late to change him as I have found in my research that a fetish can start to develop at ages 5-8 so its already a fully functional fetish

3 because he was twelve at the time this forum was made he is not likely to become a pedophile

4 because now he should be around 15 is it still as bad as it was before?

Upvote 0