• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Help need answers quickly!!!!

kissoflife

Mar 30, 2005
✟116.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I have an important decision to make.I love my church and pastor, but alot of people from my church are leaving for many different reasons. Some are really venemous and trying to take out others, some have left peacefully. My best friend just left yesterday. She was planning to get married this summer but now is getting married tomorrow by a different pastor. She called me this morning and asked me to come to the wedding tomorrow night. I love my friend w/all my heart and I want to go except for one reason:she is inviting mostly people who have left and is having the ceremony at the house of a man who was one of the first to leave and this man is trying desperately to destroy our ministry w/all his might, including wrongful, evil accustions and trying to sue the pastor for money and trying to make the church leave their building so they don't have one. He has others in on this plot. At this ceremony I am afraid some of those people are going to be there and try to infect my husband and myself to leave the ministry. They already have a chat line where they band together and type evil accusations about the pastor and the body. I am strong minded and can think for myself knowing what is the heart of God and what is evil, but, is this walking into a lions den? Some of the women that left and are going to be there have problems w/jealosy and I was glad to see them go because of that.But, they disguise it by a smile and friendly talk, I want to honor my friend, but I don't want to do the wrong thing. Originally I was going to talk to my Pastor about it, but she begged me not to tell him,I am the only one in the ministry who is aware I believe. Please help w/your thoughts on this. Thank you so much.

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟578,150.00
Faith
Christian
Im only 18 and im not very wise but I think you should try explaining this to your friend- she should understand if you cant come. But at the same time I think its safe to go to this wedding and when they try to talk to you and your husband about leaving tell them to stop early.. heres a situation where you got to be assertive (tell them you decided to stay faithful to the church and that they should stop doing what they are doing to other church members) and you cant run away from situations like these all the time.. but pray about it first which I believe you already have.. you can even pray that if it be the Fathers will to prevent them from even talking about it. Be not afraid know that God has it undercontrol.

I hope that makes sense and helps.
Peace and God Bless!

Upvote 0