Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Trying to interpret a terrifying nightmare that had me waking in a panic with cold sweats.
It was very very vivid.

On my birthday night, ( 57yoa ) after visiting family, I pulled into the back yard area of my new home . ( newly separated from wife ) It was dark and I started responding to several text messages and well wishes. I fell asleep, which was very unusual, maybe for a half hour, and fell into a very disturbing , vivid nightmare. I was standing in the dark back alley of a business, watching my old pastor perform what looked like communion on several people. As I stood their I was handed a unusually large amount wine or juice in a glass from a young girl ( 12 or 13 yoa ) standing to my right. As I now stood with my pastor, he proceeded to lay his hand atop everyone else's head , but he could not reach my head because I was too short and his hand kept passing over me ( im 6ft tall )
Then I suddenly started spewing what seemed like vial unintelligible words from my mouth. It was like a foreign language, it seemed violent. I woke in a cold sweat, hair standing up on my neck. I know for a FACT that I wasn't dreaming this, but I was actually spewing out words. But I cant prove it. But I felt myself shaking as I woke. I was so scared, I ran from the car into the house and couldn't calm down for a hour. This kind of thing has never happened to me. Other then the usual falling from a building dream or being shot dream ( those are normal right ) Anyway......I am going through a marital separation and lately have been getting ALOT of good Christian help from support grps etc. Just need help with interpretation

Unofficial Reverand Alex

Pray in silence...God speaks softly
Site Supporter
Dec 22, 2017
The Mystical Lands of Rural Indiana
Visit site
✟526,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
*Former psych major speaking...

First of all, it's good to bring it up in public to Christians, instead of just dwelling on it on your own; talking things out really helps rationalize situations.

There's been considerable research done on dreams symbolism; overall, dreams don't mean much. The only reliable aspect of dreams is the emotional state throughout; the marital separation you're going through is likely causing some emotional duress, and that's manifesting itself in this nightmare. The individual symbols (pastor, communion, alley, etc.) are likely just pieces of information randomly assembled, as tends to happen in dreams. The terror is probably just from a volatile emotional state, and the incoherent words are likely just yelling out from fear (as is common with nightmares), just when you weren't coherent enough to be able to form actual words.

Dream interpretation was a lot more reliable in Biblical times; without all the extra input of TV, traveling, pictures, and so on, odd symbols were more likely God speaking. In the modern age, God still can (and does) speak to us through dreams, but we have to be very critical of what's going on before making any judgements of the sort.

Do Dreams Really Mean Anything?

May God bless us all & grant you the peace you need!:crosseo::pray:

• Useful
Reactions: PD@bthelight
Upvote 0

Mayflower1

Hello my Name is "Child of the One True King"
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2005
Heaven of course!
✟117,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
As you are working through your feelings, you might talk to God about them. I believe in tongues as a prayer language, and I believe that it does help to pray to God in tongues when you really don't know what you are feeling.

Are you possibly angry with God for your separation? I pray for you during this time that you will have comfort and peace, and also forgiveness for any fresh or past hurts.

Upvote 0

PD@bthelight

LifeChurch:TrueNorth:FightClub:VictoryChurchO.K
Nov 9, 2019
Edmond
✟15,396.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
As you are working through your feelings, you might talk to God about them. I believe in tongues as a prayer language, and I believe that it does help to pray to God in tongues when you really don't know what you are feeling.

Are you possibly angry with God for your separation? I pray for you during this time that you will have comfort and peace, and also forgiveness for any fresh or past hurts.

Upvote 0

PD@bthelight

LifeChurch:TrueNorth:FightClub:VictoryChurchO.K
Nov 9, 2019
Edmond
✟15,396.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
No...not angry at God at all. And I do not have the gift of tongues.
I live now in a rental and am working with a christian councilor. I'm just not sure if I'm possessed by somthing or the dream means I am purging my sins or bad behavior......
Hoping for clarification because like I said earlier....it was a dream , however it def felt like the words were actually being yelled by me as I woke.

Upvote 0

Mayflower1

Hello my Name is "Child of the One True King"
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2005
Heaven of course!
✟117,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
No...not angry at God at all. And I do not have the gift of tongues.
I live now in a rental and am working with a christian councilor. I'm just not sure if I'm possessed by somthing or the dream means I am purging my sins or bad behavior......
Hoping for clarification because like I said earlier....it was a dream , however it def felt like the words were actually being yelled by me as I woke.

My gift definitely isnt interpreting dreams! But it does sound like to me it has something to do with your emotions on things. I would definitely pray about it, because God will teach you anything you need to know and give you the peace you need in any situation.
I know God has given me dreams to remind me of what His Word says. If I can't learn a scriptural lesson, Im learning to not let dreams weigh on me so much. Confusion and fear is from the enemy. But love and peace come from God. And some dreams just get me on my knees to pray about situations. I would pray about everything concerning your separation right now...

I have had dreams lately about America. I am definitely praying for my nation and president.

Upvote 0