yeshuasavedme

Senior Veteran
May 31, 2004
✟97,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I do not know how to call attention to this other than this thread. If it is not the right place, please move it, but For days I had not one email notification from any "subscribed" threads, and then of a sudden, last week, I began to receive email notifications by the half hundreds or the three dozens... and so on...
Many of them were old -very old- posts, and they came into my email more than one time, having to be thrown in the "trash" again.
I have changed my options to "no email notifications" to "no subscriptions", but this morning, again, more than two dozen came in when I opened the email.
I do not know how to fix this and it is from something in the system of CF.

Can someone get this stopped?
Please and thank you.
YSM

Dear YSM, did you notice that for a while the CF system was down?

No email notifications were going out during the 'down' time.

Now, the system is UP, and they are sorting through all that had bottled-necked the system, and all of the past postings had the 'tag' to notify you, this said, any new changes in your options will not affect what had already been tagged to notify.

I have also received tons of emails of past posts, and it's only a matter of cleanup. It will pass. Have a great day. :)

Upvote 0

yeshuasavedme

Senior Veteran
May 31, 2004
✟97,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Dear YSM, did you notice that for a while the CF system was down?

No email notifications were going out during the 'down' time.

Now, the system is UP, and they are sorting through all that had bottled-necked the system, and all of the past postings had the 'tag' to notify you, this said, any new changes in your options will not affect what had already been tagged to notify.

I have also received tons of emails of past posts, and it's only a matter of cleanup. It will pass. Have a great day. :)
Thanks.
It seems to have sorta stopped as of right now, when I opened I got three from unsubscribed threads, but as you say, that was already from before I changed them..

Upvote 0
Thanks.
It seems to have sorta stopped as of right now, when I opened I got three from unsubscribed threads, but as you say, that was already from before I changed them..

Hi, yes, it is the same for the subscriptions of the past posts, and the problem in the program scripting also affected the 'read count' for threading. The 'count' was only reflecting the actual posts and not the readings of the threads.

I sense that they have much to deal with, still.

Have a blessed day. :)

Upvote 0

NorrinRadd

Xian, Biblicist, Fideist, Pneumatic, Antinomian
Sep 2, 2007
Wayne Township, PA, USA
✟8,652.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I'm not as yet experiencing the problem, but I want to contribute, so...

Fry Fix it !! - YouTube
xhy7dXWjpAA

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums