help me write a toast for my mom's 60th b-day...please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RichSpidizzy

May 4, 2005
Queens, NY
Visit site
✟16,182.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Republican
So my mom's 60th Birthday celebration is tomorrow, and I was just informed last night that I am to write the toast. I have no idea what to say. I'm very very VERY bad at expressing myself in this fashion.

I'm tempted to sneak into a Hallmark store and just steal something out of one the sentimental cards they sell.

Anybody have any illuminating ideas for me?

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟155,006.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Does your mom ever do anything or say anythign that makes you laugh?

Anything mildy embarrassing to herslef, or better, more that caused you embarrassment?

Do you have any first memories of her, or has she just always been there for you?

Did there come a point of time when you began to see her as a human being over and above her just being a mother?

Would she like assurance that you and your sibs and kids will be there for her, just like you were there for her?

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,656,522.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Sing to her real smarmy. Lounge lizard like....

Happy Birthday....to you.... make quips & point at her (who loves you Mom?) Sing- I doooo! Yeah! Happy Birthday to you..... etc.

You know...like Bill Murray did on the old SNL episodes.

Then afterwards say something heartfelt.

*Yeah I'm a goofball*

It never fails though...I've actually done this on answering machines. Everyone seems to get a kick out of it. :D

Upvote 0

LesFex

Apr 26, 2008
✟15,112.00
Faith
Christian
Hello,

My best wishes for your mother's B'day, how about a surprise gift to your mom on Mother’s Day. When I was thinking of something for my mom I came across this interesting mother's day gift idea. This site puts participant's mother's picture and the message on the giant Reuter’s screens at New York's Times Square for 5 seconds for just $100

Take a look if interested w3 dot kinemo dot com

Upvote 0

WordofGod

True LOVE never Fails and Casts out fear.
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2006
The best country in the world.
✟62,459.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
So my mom's 60th Birthday celebration is tomorrow, and I was just informed last night that I am to write the toast. I have no idea what to say. I'm very very VERY bad at expressing myself in this fashion.

I'm tempted to sneak into a Hallmark store and just steal something out of one the sentimental cards they sell.

Happy Birthday Mom! A lot of great people where born on Apirl 26: 1452 Leonardo Da Vinci, 1822 Frederick Law Olmstead, 1886 Gertrude 'Ma' Rainey, 1917 I.M Pei, 1926 David Coleman, 1927 Jack Douglas, 1938 Duane Eddy, 1956 Koo Stark, 1960 Roger Taylor but out of all you are the one who touched are hearts in our times of need. I’ll raise a few to you today. We all know and agree, the world is DEFINITELY a better place because you’re in it.:crossrc:

Upvote 0

stivvy

Senior Veteran
Jun 30, 2006
Hubbard, Ohio
✟21,764.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Republican
"I know a lot of people feel down when they get older, but look at those who did great things in their seasonedyears. Abraham, Sarah, Moses, Noah, Job, and the blessed Elizabeth. Many good things come from lasting through the aging process. Wines, Cheese, and that leftover lasagna you make so well...

So as you can see, there are a lot of things we cheerish as they show us their wisdom, love, and flavor for life year after year. But I have to saythe oneclosest to my heart is the love I cheerish from you.

So today I raise my glass of joy to bless you on your 60th birthday with an old Irish cheer. Something that you can carry forward in the second half of your life:

Always remember to forget
The things that made you sad.
But never forget to remember
The things that made you glad.

The friends that proved untrue.
Those that have stuck by you.

The troubles that passed away.
The blessings that come each day.

May the saddest day of your future be no worse
Than the happiest day of your past.

May you live to be a hundred years,
With one extra year to repent!

May God grant you many years to live,
For sure He must be knowing
The earth has angels all too few
And heaven is overflowing."

Reactions: D'Ann
Upvote 0

D'Ann

Catholic... Faith, Hope and the greatest is LOVE
Oct 28, 2004
✟72,336.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hemmm....

Write about the happy memories that you and her and your family shared. Express your thankfulness and gratitude for her being your mom....

Whatever you write, make sure it comes from great love within your heart for your mom.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

WordofGod

True LOVE never Fails and Casts out fear.
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2006
The best country in the world.
✟62,459.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican

So how did it go? What was the toast you made?

2.gif

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.