The Wild West
✟475,582.00
Country
United States
Faith
Generic Orthodox Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
I want to use my signature to ecumenically celebrate traditional liturgical churches. I was wondering if any of you who have Windows and Paint or better, and are graphically inclined, might help me continue my vexillogical theme. I would like a strip or quadrant of church flags, starting with the Christian Flag, then I think the Greek Orthodox flag (the yellow and black one), then the Episcopal/American Anglican flag, then the Flag of the Holy See, and then the Assyrian flag or the Aramaean flag (the latter is used by the Syriac Orthodox and is red and gold and better looking), or the purple and gold Armenian flag, or all of the above. And if there is a Lutheran flag, I would like that. Perhaps also the old Congregationalist logo from before the United Church of Christ era too.

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟777,531.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Unfortunately I can't help much, but I can say that the "Luther Rose/Seal" is kind of the universal Lutheran symbol:
220px-Lutherrose.svg.png

• Winner
Reactions: The Liturgist
Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Traditional Liturgical Christian
Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟475,582.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Celibate
Unfortunately I can't help much, but I can say that the "Luther Rose/Seal" is kind of the universal Lutheran symbol:
220px-Lutherrose.svg.png
Indeed, that would look great! I honestly forgot about it despite there being a stained glass window with that on it shining down on me in Chapel on Wednesdays in elementary school. Ahh memories.

Reactions: tampasteve
Upvote 0

Tigger45

Pray like your life depends on it!
Site Supporter
Aug 24, 2012
E. Eden
✟1,273,104.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Interesting question. I guess I would start with what is a common theme or symbol of traditional liturgical churches?

Communion elements (bread & wine)? The chalice? An alter/table fully vested?

Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Traditional Liturgical Christian
Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟475,582.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Celibate
Interesting question. I guess I would start with what is a common theme or symbol of traditional liturgical churches?

Communion elements (bread & wine)? The chalice? An alter/table fully vested?

Those are common but I wanted to celebrate the diversity. Also in the early church, only the baptized could behold the altars and the Eucharist. Catechumens were dismissed after the reading of the Gospel, or actually, in a large number of cases, Catechumens only heard the Old Testament, with Energumens (Catechumens on the day of their baptism, most commonly Holy Saturday, before the Paschal Vigil) being reread all the prophecies about, and then hearing the Gospels of, the Resurrection. The cat is very much out of the bag and is not going in without a hissyfit of flying hairs and bloody scratches (my cat just disrupted my nap severely as her chin itched, poor thing, she only recently was adopted by me and needs a veterinary inspection, and is quite elderly, but it was the giant tomcat I had as a boy who despite being my best friend would randomly pounce me with full force and then freak out and run off when the bloodflow began. Beautiful cat though.

Upvote 0

Tigger45

Pray like your life depends on it!
Site Supporter
Aug 24, 2012
E. Eden
✟1,273,104.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Those are common but I wanted to celebrate the diversity. Also in the early church, only the baptized could behold the altars and the Eucharist. Catechumens were dismissed after the reading of the Gospel, or actually, in a large number of cases, Catechumens only heard the Old Testament, with Energumens (Catechumens on the day of their baptism, most commonly Holy Saturday, before the Paschal Vigil) being reread all the prophecies about, and then hearing the Gospels of, the Resurrection. The cat is very much out of the bag and is not going in without a hissyfit of flying hairs and bloody scratches (my cat just disrupted my nap severely as her chin itched, poor thing, she only recently was adopted by me and needs a veterinary inspection, and is quite elderly, but it was the giant tomcat I had as a boy who despite being my best friend would randomly pounce me with full force and then freak out and run off when the bloodflow began. Beautiful cat though.
Oh sorry, my third grade elementary teacher tried to worn me about my lackadaisical reading habits o_O

Anyway I love the spirit of diversity. It reminds me of a non-denominational church (photo included) I used to attend. Although a little off topic to your OP they had many different national flags draped from their sanctuary ceiling. Similarly my current congregation drapes various national flags from the ceiling along the wall in the multipurpose room. https://www.google.com/maps/uv?pb=!1s0x875287e5dc4c9297:0x56d996d6549f0cea!3m1!7e115!4shttps://lh5.googleusercontent.com/p/AF1QipN90oBU99hYmxcwJsDy4oEn7ASZJMNanW_nhZHB=w213-h160-k-no!5sthe fellowship church sandy - Google Search!15sCgIgAQ&imagekey=!1e10!2sAF1QipN90oBU99hYmxcwJsDy4oEn7ASZJMNanW_nhZHB&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjQgsTmob_1AhWjJUQIHRCBBBIQoip6BAgtEAM#

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: The Liturgist
Upvote 0