Status
Not open for further replies.

A-Bomb

Jul 22, 2002
Visit site
✟281.00
Faith
Christian
Hey.  My name is Adam, I am 14 years old.  I live in Hickory, North Carolina.  Last year I attended a Christian camp, I was saved there and accepted Christ, when I got home I was so happy to be saved, then my beliefs started to slip, I started to doubt God's existance.  Well I just got back from the same camp 2 days ago, I still doubt Christ alot :(  Its like I have this weird gut feeling that hes not there its so weird, I pray, and have had devotions while at camp and the past days I've been home.  Sometimes I'll believe, sometimes I don't! And it makes me so sad because I am seeking God so much and he has yet to reveal himself to me, or maybe he has and satan is covering it.  I really don't know.  I was told to read my Bible and it would help, I am praing for him to show himself to me, I beg to Him.  I just feel so sad when I doubt Jesus, please help me!  What can I do?[/color][/font]
 :help: :help:  :help:   

Blessed-one

a long journey ahead
Jan 30, 2002
Australia
Visit site
✟25,777.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
hey Adam, no doubt most of the Christians have fallen into doubting God's existence, me too for instance.
it was frustrating! yep, and i did feel very bad..
um, well, i then began thinking how would i feel and live if i lived a life without God, maybe it wouldn't sound as relevant to u as u're a new christian, but to me it was quite horrifying.... to live a life without God.

in a crisis of doubt, we've to learn to hold onto Him with firm faith, and to do this, keep reminding yourself of the blessings you see around you, and (i reckon) the most important thing is to pray and read the bible. Prayers renew your relationship with God and bible studies help to bring you into God's world.

hope this helps, pm me if u wanted to talk, i'll be praying. May you experience Him more!

Upvote 0

A-Bomb

Jul 22, 2002
Visit site
✟281.00
Faith
Christian
it makes me cry sometimes, the frustration, but I havent seen his blessings in my life really, I mean nothing unique that others dont have. i get so frustrated i hit the wall sometimes. i just dont know what to do. its like when i pray i am saying "am i really praying to something, or is it all a big joke"? i know hes there, and i dont know hes there, that sounds crazy but its what my emotions feel :sigh:
with me its not a debate of muslim, buddist, etc....but of the Christian God/Jesus or no God   HOW CAN I IDENTIFY HIM!! I pray for him to reveal himself to me, I pray all the time, I tell him that I "seek him" and I use those exact words
how can i see God work? 

Upvote 0

Sharky

Rockin dude!
Jul 5, 2002
Visit site
✟7,782.00
Faith
Christian
hey adam. I was once in your position as well. Don't worry, JEsus is here with you when you sleep, feel scared or sad. You're probably feeling bad because of satan. He enjoys stuffing new christians up because they are vulnerable and young. Try talking to someone or interacting with people... here is good enough :).

You've made the choice of accepting Jesus Christ! :clap: That's all there's to it! You might slip back a bit or alot but never enough to be unsaved again. Never ever never never!

<SPAN lang=EN-AU style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-ansi-language: EN-AU; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA"></SPAN>"And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand."
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; -John 10:28

God loves you. Christians suffer, non believers suffer. We all suffer and God allows that. Why? Because we are free to make our own choices. Don't be sad or scared :). We're here and always will be. If you need some brightening up, talk to God. You seem to be in the position where you question his existence but trust me, it will come back to you. Try something like running around the house or something. You should feel better.

Remember you have friends and added up with your christian friends (if you have any) you've got yourself a circle of protection. It wont stop all bad things but it helps. God will help you through this but he can't do anything if you doubt. Have faith my friend and your best friend Jesus will help you through this :).

Come on! have some fun in the Fellowship forums :).

Upvote 0
Originally posted by A-Bomb
HOW CAN I IDENTIFY HIM!! I pray for him to reveal himself to me, I pray all the time, I tell him that I "seek him" and I use those exact words
how can i see God work?&nbsp;

Your timing is not His timing. Wait on Him, His timing is perfect. Do not try to tell God what to do, He is the one who is in charge. It is His job, not yours. He knows what's happening around you more than you do. Trust Him, rest in Him. Even though you can't see him, He is there.

One of the most frequent ways of seeing God work is when He "whispers" in your ear. You probably won't hear an audible whisper. It's more like a thought that comes to your mind. It is not really from you. It's either from God or from Satan. I think that God gave us the Bible so that we can know when He is talking to us. Identify what God says by reading His Word. When you feel/think something that sounds like something out of the Word of God, that is God talking to you. Get what I'm saying?

Upvote 0

A-Bomb

Jul 22, 2002
Visit site
✟281.00
Faith
Christian
&nbsp;i understand that God has a plan for my life, etc etc...but when I read the Bible its like I ask myself is this real? And when I pray its like am I praying to something? Or am I just talking to myself?&nbsp; And then sometimes I'll read and say "wow god spoke to me in that Bible verse"&nbsp; and then a couple hours later I will think nah Im just crazy...or it was just a coincidence.&nbsp; Its so confusing

Upvote 0

ZiSunka

It means 'yellow dog'
Jan 16, 2002
✟38,767.00
Faith
Christian
It's normal to doubt. When I was first saved, I would sometimes doubt, too. I'd tell myself, "Are you crazy, believing this stuff you scorned and mocked for so many years! I must be out of my mind to suddenly believe what I laughed at before!"

Then little by little, God showed himself to me, and showed himself to be trustworthy, someone who not only existed, but cared about me. Over time, those doubts went away. I seldom doubt anymore, and when I do, I remind myself of God's record of faithfulness in my life.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
What would convince you that the Bible is "real"? SPECIFICALLY what are you having doubts about?

By the way, have you ever been to a Christian bookstore? If you snoop around there, I'll bet you'll find at least a couple of things that interest you.

Remember, Satan will do anything to have you break ties with the Lord. Knowledge is power, and with the knowledge you learn and (mostly) God's help, you can fight Satan.

Doubting Thomas?
John 20:24-29
24 Now Thomas, called the Twin, one of the twelve, was not with them when Jesus came.
25 The other disciples therefore said to him, "We have seen the Lord." So he said to them, "Unless I see in His hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and put my hand into His side, I will not believe."
26 And after eight days His disciples were again inside, and Thomas with them. Jesus came, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, "Peace to you!"
27 Then He said to Thomas, "Reach your finger here, and look at My hands; and reach your hand here, and put it into My side. Do not be unbelieving, but believing."
28 And Thomas answered and said to Him, "My Lord and my God!"
29 Jesus said to him, "Thomas, because you have seen Me, you have believed. Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed."

Upvote 0

ZiSunka

It means 'yellow dog'
Jan 16, 2002
✟38,767.00
Faith
Christian
so when you were first saved you werent sure too? and like when you would read the Bible you werent sure if it was real?

Oh yes!&nbsp; You see, I was an atheist before that.&nbsp; Sort of a semi-pagan atheist.&nbsp; I thought if there was a god, it was a sort of universal force that existed in nature, and not an actual&nbsp;being.&nbsp; So you can see how weird it would be for me to suddenly have faith in God the Father.&nbsp;

For about the first three years, I would often question whether God really exists.&nbsp; And I continued to doubt occassionally for the first eight years or so.&nbsp; Now I rarely doubt, because I have seen God's track record in answering my prayers, looking out for my best interests, providing for me, and even occassionally hearing his "still, small voice."&nbsp; Now it's a lot harder for me to doubt than it is to believe.

Be patient with yourself, and you will build up a "track record" with God, too, and your times of doubting will decrease.

Upvote 0

ZiSunka

It means 'yellow dog'
Jan 16, 2002
✟38,767.00
Faith
Christian
i doubt the miracles performed by Jesus, im just skeptical.&nbsp; sometimes evolution seems like such a rock hard theory.&nbsp;but back to my question, will the Bible really help me if I dont believe some of it?

Yeah, I doubted that, too.&nbsp; I was an evolutionist for a long time after I got saved.&nbsp; But the more I learned about Intelligent Design, the more it made sense.&nbsp; I even talked it over with my old Organic Evolution professor, and he said he believed in ID, too!&nbsp; The more I studied it, the less evolution made sense.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
it makes me cry sometimes, the frustration, but I havent seen his blessings in my life really, I mean nothing unique that others dont have. i get so frustrated i hit the wall sometimes.

I think it's your expectations that are the problem. Do your blessings need to be "unique" to still be considered blessings????

I'll tell you what I personally am thankful for. I am thankful for all the things that I would miss if I didn't have them or if I suddenly lost them. Those, my friend, are blessings. Take NOTHING for granted! I'm sure you have many things that others would like to have, whether they be personal characteristics or material possessions. :bow: Thank You, God, for all you give us!

See 1Corinthians 12 about spiritual gifts.

&nbsp;

Upvote 0

A Sheep

Stop the suffering in Iraq
Mar 10, 2002
✟6,046.00
it makes me cry sometimes, the frustration, but I havent seen his blessings in my life really, I mean nothing unique that others dont have. i get so frustrated i hit the wall sometimes.

Do you have enough food to eat, can you go outside and get fresh-air, do you have a roof over your head, were you not aborted as a baby in your mothers womb, do you have a family, and do they love you? If you answered "yes" to those questions then you have been blessed. You can't expect a Dodge Viper to drop into your garage because you are are a believer, you must look for the little blessings as well as the big ones. Concerning the miracles that Jesus performed; He was God-in-the-Flesh right? Then he could do anything; water-into-wine, healing, etc. About not believing the Bible, Carm.org has some answers to the "contradictions" in it. Lee Strobel has some great books out to help you out concerning your faith, "The Case for Faith" and "The Case for Christ". RE: Evolution, some good pro-creation sites are ICR.org, Trueorigins.org, Christiananswers.net, etc. God bless you and I hope that some of our advice/resources will help you have stronger faith in God.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.