Help interpreting a dream for my friend.

AnthonyCon3131

Jul 28, 2019
Essex
✟8,240.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I would really appreciate any help that I can get with the interpretation of this short dream that I am about to share. Over a year ago my non religious friend came to a mid week bible study/worship and prayer group that I attend once a week. He has a lot of problems in his life especially with family. He opened up to me yesterday, told me he had a dream the night before and told me that since that day he came to our group he can’t forget how much better it made him feel when we shared with him about Jesus and how he helps us.
In the dream he told me that he was sitting in the middle of a church. I was at the very front talking about Jesus and right at the back was a women sitting down but she was glowing.
It’s a very simple dream but I don’t know the answer and neither does my friend.

Reactions: DennisTate
May 11, 2017
Saucier
✟52,137.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I would really appreciate any help that I can get with the interpretation of this short dream that I am about to share. Over a year ago my non religious friend came to a mid week bible study/worship and prayer group that I attend once a week. He has a lot of problems in his life especially with family. He opened up to me yesterday, told me he had a dream the night before and told me that since that day he came to our group he can’t forget how much better it made him feel when we shared with him about Jesus and how he helps us.
In the dream he told me that he was sitting in the middle of a church. I was at the very front talking about Jesus and right at the back was a women sitting down but she was glowing.
It’s a very simple dream but I don’t know the answer and neither does my friend.

Pray for understanding. Off the top of my head I would imaging this glowing girl to be a light for your friend to lead him fully to Christ, but I don't want to be a stumbling block, so pray and fast and meditate on God's Word. He'll lead the way.

Upvote 0

Peter J Barban

Mar 29, 2016
Taiwan
Visit site
✟97,647.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have no gift for interpreting dreams, but I'll give it a shot.

The woman would not likely represent God, Jesus or an Angel. It very likely represents an evil spirit that is affecting your friend's life. Perhaps there is a demonic component to your friend's family problems.

The setting may represent the spiritual tug of war between You/God's side and the Demonic, with your friend's soul undecided which direction to go.

Assuming such is correct, your needs to be freed from demonic before he can respond to the gospel, or live an abundant life as a Christian. This does not mean that your friend is possessed by a demon, just that one has an influence on him.

I would explore if your friend's family has any occult ties. If your group has no experience in this issue go to your church or even another church for help.

Upvote 0

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican

if your friend was sitting in the middle of the church, then he hasn't made a decision yet, and could go either way.
He remembers your talk, which is a good thing! The fact that he saw you at the front of the church talking about Jesus demonstrates how impressed he was. That you were right at the front of the church demonstrates that he sees you as being very committed to what you believe and tell others about.

The woman in the dream is how he sees a guardian angel. The fact that she was behind him shows her guardianship and protection (watching his back), and her glowing represents the Holy Spirit dwelling in her.
This is a very good dream, showing your friend that all he needs is in place for him to make his decision confidently for Christ. He has a church to go to, a friend to teach him, and an angel to guard his back and protect him.

Best wishes!

Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟789,100.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
This is what I thought of an example of face shining:
"It came to pass, when Moses came down from mount Sinai with the two tables of testimony in Moses' hand, when he came down from the mount, that Moses wist not that the skin of his face shone while he talked with him. And when Aaron and all the children of Israel saw Moses, behold, the skin of his face shone; and they were afraid to come nigh him." Exo 34

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: pdudgeon
Upvote 0

DennisTate

Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives

Messiah Yeshua - Jesus has big plans for the United Kingdom and this visionary dream fills in how important women will be in this new move of God.

Upvote 0