What You See Is What You Get!
Nov 9, 2006
Washington
✟46,536.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I need to find a song to walk down the aisle too. I have the other music figured out but for some reason I am stumped on finding a song to walk down the aisle too.

:help:

We're going to play this song while the Mother's are being seated and the candles are being lit

YouTube - Somewhere Over the Rainbow by Israel Kamakawiwo'ole LYRICS

Then after that, we're going to play this song while a powerpoint of photos is showing on the screen

YouTube - Grow Old Along With Me - Mary Chapin Carpenter

So immediately, and I do mean immediately, following that, will be the song that I'm looking for. I want one song for my attendants as well as me to walk into. Because it's going to play immediately following the slide show, I'd like something that sort of "goes" with the sound of "Grow old along with me". What I mean is that I don't want some grandious trumpet piece or some stuffy classical song or some techno sound, etc...you know what I mean....something pretty that makes sense as far as the sound and style. It can be an instrumental or a song with words...whatever...

Oh and then just to finish out the ceremony...the next song in the service will be during the unity candle and communion

YouTube - Celtic Woman - A New Journey - The Blessing

And then for the recessional, my nephew is going to play this on his guitar

YouTube - Here Comes the Sun (The Beatles) - instrumental cover

Does anyone have any suggestions???? :help:

dluvs2trvl

Nov 9, 2006
Washington
✟46,536.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I can't help you with wedding song ideas. But I think I have the perfect song for you all when you contemplate murder/divorce further down your marriage. If you're interested I will post it. :)
LOL - No thanks :p

When I hear the "Grow Old With Me" song, I think of Celine Dion's "When I Fall in Love" (but I actually prefer Nat King Cole's version).

Does that help? :pray:

When God Made You
by Natalie Grant
Woo Hoo! I'm off to listen...I'll be back :ebil:

Keep the suggestions coming people :D

Upvote 0

dluvs2trvl

Nov 9, 2006
Washington
✟46,536.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Great song :thumbsup: not quite right but still great! I added it to my bookmarks for music that we want to have playing while guests are arriving :)

When I hear the "Grow Old With Me" song, I think of Celine Dion's "When I Fall in Love" (but I actually prefer Nat King Cole's version).

Does that help? :pray:
I LOVE that song and Nat King Coles is my favorite too. It is already on my list of songs to play while guests are arriving :D

When God Made You
by Natalie Grant
This is definitely a possibility :thumbsup: I'm wondering though if it would be better to have it play during the power point and then walk in to Grow Old Along With Me. What do you guys think???

Keep the suggestions coming everyone :clap:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Allen1901

King's Knight
Nov 1, 2008
The Road to Damascus, Virginia U.S.A.
✟73,745.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Last edited:
Upvote 0