Help! Have I taken the mark of the beast? Please help me?

Are fingerprints or eye measurements THE mark?

• Yes

• No

• Not sure

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Susan

退屈させた1 つ (bored one)
Feb 16, 2002
El Cajon, California, USA
Visit site
✟15,012.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I read on someone's Christian website that to give your right thumbprint is to take the mark of the beast. In California, you must give a right thumbprint to get a driver's license or ID. I didn't know this about the mark possibly being that until just now, and I gave the print for my ID about 2 years ago.
Have I taken the mark? I did not intend to or mean to do so! :help: :help: :cry: :help:

Hi Susan,

The short answer is 'no'.

The detailed answer is as follows:

Here's some of what Revelation says about the mark.

Rev 13:16-17

16 "And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:"
17 "And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name."

You can't buy or sell without taking the mark - obviously everyone buys and sells in various means at the moment, and that thumbprint has no bearing on your purchasing ability.

I believe that the choice to receive the mark will be as such that you will *know* (as a Christian) that you would be choosing eternal damnation should you choose to accept it.

Many people think that the mark will be a bar-code, or an implanted microchip. This is because these seem like realistic ways that you would be able to buy & sell.

I would reccomend reading through revelation - it took me a while to try to face reading it because I thought it would be so full of symbolism that I wouldn't be able to understand any of it. While there is a lot of symbolism in it, it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought, and I actually enjoyed reading it!

I hope that relieves your fears - you definitely have NOT taken the mark of the beast.

God bless,

Tris

Upvote 0

paulewog

Father of Insanity; Child of Music.
Mar 23, 2002
USA
Visit site
✟33,938.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
One other thing.... if you haven't noticed, this is *not* the Tribulation, why would we wory about getting the mark of the beast if the beast isn't here yet? =P

Of course, all true Christians will be taken out before the Tribualtion ... only the ones that get saved after teh rapture have to worry about the mark :)

I gave my right thumb too. I even wrote my name with that digital pen thing. man that thing is so hard to write with ;)

Upvote 0

NumberOneSon

The poster formerly known as Acts6:5
Mar 24, 2002
Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟22,170.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Some type of indentification "printing" is already standard in the US, I think. A month ago my wife gave birth to our first son, and he was only a few minutes out of the womb when they wisked him over to a table and took footprints (more sanitary then fingerprints at that point). I don't think you're given a choice in the matter, so if finger or footprinting is connected to the mark of beast then most people born in the US are in trouble. But then again the concensus here seems to be against the idea. Rightly so, I imagine. :)

In Christ,

Acts6:5

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ex_christian

Mar 31, 2002
✟372.00
ummm... I am not TECHNIHALLY supposed to be in here but since I am not saying anything UNchristian, I guess its ok...

I agree with everybody else here but I was just wondering who voted yes on the poll... I voted no and I assume everyone else who posted here voted no b/c thats what they are saying, but there is one yes...Is there someone who ACTUALLY believes that that is the mark of the beast?

Upvote 0

joyfulnoise

Jer 29:11
Apr 26, 2002
Pacific Northwest
Visit site
✟7,633.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm new here, but my thinking is if fingerprints are the mark of the beast, then why did God create us with them? He wouldn't. That's as ludicrous as saying that because someone is born with a mole or a birthmark that they are of the devil or possessed. Nonsense. I'm with the others on this one. The mark is something you receive. I'm sorry that someone caused you to be fearful. :pink:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Status
Not open for further replies.